Chef Quality of Life improvements

Anticept

Two ideas to handle this, mutually exclusive.

• Throw ingredients in the grill, and it displays the list of possibilities you could cook as well as what they will consume. This feels like the most "correct" way to do it.
  • Convert food to table crafting. Less moving things around, but downside is food would be a HUGE list of things.

I'd also like to see food be able to be cooked on bonfires. For that "wild man" experience on a futuristic space station.

Edited by Anticept

I think the former idea is a good thing, but table-crafting is painful in comparison to utilizing a microwave or such especially given the sheer variety of things.

I wouldn't mind seeing menus  on the individual equipment, or maybe an in-game book that loads the wiki page.

Table-crafting just takes too long and you get little out of it compared to using upgraded machines. Most of the sushi recipes use table-crafting and the amount of ingredients you need paired up with how long the process is seems to make sushi something that few people ever really make. I think we'd just end up seeing even less food being crafted if it involved table crafting.

Edited by FoS

Table crafting can detect what devices are nearby, and it's possible to also take advantage of the upgrades. It's entirely possible to have the machines light up while you are activating a recipe. That said, I know that table crafting would take considerably more effort.

Edited by Anticept

/tg/ tablecrafting is probably the best choice here, if anyone's willing to port it. Also stops the unnecessary machines which do nearly the exact same thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use