Increasing the effects of fire

RobBrown4pm

As it stands right now a fire outbreak isn't that big of a deal. It will quote often put it self out and doesen't spread to cause any damage, unless some form of atmos breach is involved. 

On all contained vessels fire is a very big deal and I would like to see it get buffed. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen, fires quite often burn through the hull, causing a breach. The temperature does impressive burn damage to people too. Depends on the source too, a plasma grenade can easily fuck up a whole department.

1 minute ago, Sothangel said:

From what I've seen, fires quite often burn through the hull, causing a breach.

Yes, but what is a breach to a system like LINDA? I get where Rob is going w/ this, and I think fire could use a little more...erratic behavior, making fire a much larger hazard, and making Atmos a bigger deal.

AutisticLet'sPortIt.PNG

Id be all for making fires spread faster and being harder to put out. But I do not see how the former would be accomplishable with the LINDA atmos system. 

I'll be the noob. What the hell is LINDA? Obviously an atmosphere system from another version of the game but what's the difference to the current one?

10 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I'll be the noob. What the hell is LINDA? Obviously an atmosphere system from another version of the game but what's the difference to the current one?

...No. It's the current system.

19 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

...No. It's the current system.

Ohhhh I thought people were saying "switch to a system like LINDA"...I read wrong. I'm noob at both game and reading ?

Nah, LINDA is the system we use now that's more tile based.
The old system we had is ZAS which is Zone/room based.

Linda goes bit by bit, and is super slow. Less likely to destroy the server's resources though.
ZAS is pretty much "One window broke, entire room vented in .5 seconds" but is a fucking glutton on resources (To my understanding anyway)

(LINDA can be made to go much faster then it does now, but to my knowledge that requires some back-end ports of TG that we do not have yet and is one of those things that won't be a small or simple project to port over.)

Edited by Dinarzad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, froz-t said:

Yes, but what is a breach to a system like LINDA? I get where Rob is going w/ this, and I think fire could use a little more...erratic behavior, making fire a much larger hazard, and making Atmos a bigger deal.

AutisticLet'sPortIt.PNG

Having more dynamic fires would do a lot to help promote the crew working together, it would also give crew members something to do and let them feel more engaged with the station and their compatriots.

Edited by RobBrown4pm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use