Vampire consistency issues

Novau

Hello. Had the pleasure of playing vampire yesterday although two fixes would be much appreciated for consistency!

The vampirism should follow your brain, I had to be given vampirism again when my brain went from human > Borg > monkey. Not only did this re activate it, but also duplicated the abilities. I had 2 glare, 2 hypno etc.

Mist form should most definitely remove cuffs.

That's all! :)

For the first point, that's a bug and should probably be noted on the Github.

As for the second point, I'm going to have to disagree. Mist form is already pretty damn powerful and obnoxious in just about every situation. It's fairly easy to get to a place where security won't find you, at least long enough to rip off the cuffs.

Mist form is incredibly overpowered as is, giving it even more buffs without putting it back into line with the traditional lore is nonsense.

As far as 'traditional' mist form goes, it shouldn't render the user invisible, at least not immediately, it should not allow passing through air tight objects (walls, secured windows, airtight airlocks/fire shutters) and it shouldn't be faster than the standard run pace of an unencumbered human. As it stands a cuffed vamp can just mist, travel in any direction for a few seconds and then stop in any of the hidden walls or alcoves across the station that 99% of the player base doesn't know exists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use