Grey Rework

fludd12

With my work on the Grey Rework in its final stages, I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas they'd like to see considered for Grey species differentiation. Following by my design doc, here's the intended goal of the changes:

Greys are a frail but mentally apt race who treasure efficiency and sterility above all else. They must pick their fights carefully and use intelligence more than direct combat, as what they lack physically, they make up for with mental fortitude.

If you have any suggestions that follow this, or any arguments that changes I'm currently making go against this, please discuss!

• Like 1

The physical frailness in exchange for the darksight/psionisms is a good trade off.

Just one thing I can't gget over though, I used to play grey a lot though and stopped because they're just so unrobust, is it something like 20/30% extra brute?

10/15% would be less "lol u lose" tier, would that be adequate to pay off or the telepathy though?

Bear in mind, so far (Still bein coded/argued over)

Grey will be able to make illusions an shit. So while you might be a frail piece of shit, the intent is you can make it look like you have a double e-sword or soemthing and play mind games/bluff people to do dumb things to win, cuz they think you're way more then you really are.

I think something I definitely want to see is a Grey make it look like there's a hole to space in the center of the room, since that's a major deterrent for most people.

• 1 month later...

Is there some reason that the PR has been ready to merge with no comments or action taken in 16 days?

This seems like a good, easy to revert change that someone worked hard on and over two weeks have passed since it was deemed ready without additional comments.

Edited by Toroic
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Boy I love when bullshit like Taj veils gets speed merged but completed mechanical features are left without feedback for months.

This is how you demonstrate good codebase management and encourage people to code anything but furry race features.

• Like 1

While I'm in favor of nerfing punches across the board (An assistant and I broke a clown's ribs within seconds of shoving him over and kicking him), nerfing grey's punching strength and disarm chance would make them significantly weaker in a straight fight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, Toroic said:

Boy I love when bullshit like Taj veils gets speed merged but completed mechanical features are left without feedback for months.

I'm also sad that this hasn't been merged yet, but Taj veils was a very simple PR compared to this. I don't think Taj veils getting merged was a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use