[OCD Suggestion] Sharp Weapon Improvement

WrathOfMe9

When being cut and slashed with a weapon, primarily in the arms, legs, and lower body/upper body...

Don't you think it should, I don't know, stick inside?

Well, I definitely do.

The Purpose of this Suggestion is ONLY to add realism to Paradise.

The contents of this suggestion, are only this following - Allow ALL sharp weapons to be able to stick inside the body of the victim.

Suggestions, Comments, and other Opinions Necessary. Feel free to join in discussion. Thank you.

I mean, when it sticks inside someone, the player that had the weapon can move them around as though they were pulling them. They'd have to click either "Pull out" or drop the weapon to get it back.

How in the world does any sharp weapon stick in the wound when used in melee combat? The very nature of the weapon and its functionality strongly suggests that it wouldn't do this.

Some thrown weapons? Yes, it makes sense, but not for melee combat.

Also, it's annoying as hell for a traitor who's killing someone only to randomly proc "[weapon] sticks in the wound!" and he's completed screwed over because of it (this happened all the time with eswords and was a huge reason no one ever got them in 2013).

Except for the one thing that he mentioned that fixes that issue somewhat, Fox.

When it sticks inside someone, the player that had the weapon can move them around as though they were pulling them. They'd have to click either "Pull out" or drop the weapon to get it back.

I'd have "pull out" or dropping the weapon immediately tear it out in this case, so they don't lose their weapon (heck, probably even have the item still show in the hand). Have the dragging part deal damage if you move them enough. Clicking on them while it's stuck could do additional bonus damage (yanking on it sharply or digging it in further).

Exactly what Spaceman said.

Here's a scenario.

Traitor attacks a civilian with an esword. (hopefully not in public.)

Civilian is screaming due to pain as it would with a broken bone.

Traitor uses hotkey 'Y' to pull out.

Traitor attacks a civilian with an esword again, this time, RNG chooses Slash.

The very nature of a sharp object is to either slash or stab. Both have the same exact effect- # damage.

The 'piercing' feature would allow for organ damaging and immense bleeding. I believe this feature could be improved if we allowed the attacker to have a function in the top right showing the icon of the weapon, clicking it would toggle between swing and thrust. Swing = slash. Thrust = stab.

Thoughts?

EDIT- This obviously includes all weapons. Broken bottles excluded as the reach of these are not as much as swords, knives, etc

Realistically speaking, your weapon would only get stuck if you hit tough material or did a half-assed chop.

Applicable to cutting a wooden buckler, but a person? No.

Realistically speaking, your weapon would only get stuck if you hit tough material or did a half-assed chop.

Applicable to cutting a wooden buckler, but a person? No.

I Agree, I mean and I don`t even think we need something like that? do we?

Ex. Syndicate attempts to kill "Person X" , whoops!! Your weapon got stuck into that guy!! What if the guy escapes? I mean, players aren`t slow in this server, this is a fast paced sort of server... You`ve to be fast, you can`t bother about that...

I like Paradise the way it is,no need to add an useless major overhaul to combat..

Yeah, i like the idea of 2 different modes.

Swing

- a sharp weapon will cut your skin /

- a blunt weapon will do brute damage, like now /

- a rifle/gun will do the same as a blunt weapon in CQC (no shooting!)

PS

- a lasersword will do heavy brute and burn damage ( possibility to cut off parts )

Pierce

- a sharp weapon, will cause less brute damage, but heavy internal organ damage (target chest) and will stick to it (twist to do even more damage),

- a blunt weapon (or gun) will do less damage, but will push you one or two tiles in the targeted direction

- a lasersword will cut through your organs and boil eveything, what is not burning --> you are dead (Reference: STAR WARS)

Shooting

- restricted to guns --> firing bullets or lasers

Throwing will count as pierce ( like a spear )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use