IPC eat Batteries

Dasneko

I mean, Yogstation has a feature for their weird little android race where they can click on a battery in hand and suck out it's power.

Do we really need it, though?

Not really.

There are many things you dont need but would it be in the way? Does it make any sense? Is there any alternatives? As far as I know the only way to "bring" food with you as an IPC is to literally carry a disassembled APC which is just silly.

There are many things you dont need but would it be in the way? Does it make any sense? Is there any alternatives? As far as I know the only way to "bring" food with you as an IPC is to literally carry a disassembled APC which is just silly.

and if you really want to be more silly then all the stuff to build a small solar array to change them back up.

Far less of them in space howevre where is the place I had most issues, especially the white ship. Shuttles in general dont have APCs.

Then don't go to space for long periods of time.

That's part of your downsides, you're reliant on electricity.

Diona also need light to survive and maintenance is full of darkness. And yet it's not really a problem, nobody says maintenance should be super bright, because that's jsut part and parcel of playing a Diona.

IPCs can also use a cyborg recharge station, so slap one on the white ship and problem solved

But.

If we think about it,

We don`t really need it...

But SS13 has ton of shit we could live without....

And IPCs being able to absorb energy charges from Batteries is very useful sometimes...

We don`t need it, but We don`t even have a reason why not to implement it?

Neutral/Kind of in Favor.

On the one hand it'd allow IPCs to never worry about running out of charge and make long term space travel for them much more limited. It's not urgently needed and there rarely is a case of IPCs who can't find a APC or Charger and die of power loss unless they SSD'd or got flung off into space on accident.

On the other hand, it would give IPCs a welcome Quality of Life improvement that wouldn't affect game balance much anyways, IPC rarely comes into play and round start to 2 hour crew transfer rarely requires an IPC to recharge more than once. Since Hunger and IPC power are supposed to be parallels this isn't that different from the amount of food a person needs to eat to stay satisfied, and the IPC doesn't heal from this like human/carbons do.

The cherry on the cake is that it would add the ability for IPCs to RP (*GASP*) and join their fellow crew in the bar during down times to enjoy their own flavor of meale next to their coworkers, and could even open up the door for Synth Food recipies for the chef like the Bartender gets for Synthahol. Plus our Kitchen Recipie list could use a bit of diversity with each species having a favored dish with more alien foodtypes (because who doesn't wanna see a Vox eating a tray of worms?!)

Neutral/Kind of in Favor.

On the one hand it'd allow IPCs to never worry about running out of charge and make long term space travel for them much more limited. It's not urgently needed and there rarely is a case of IPCs who can't find a APC or Charger and die of power loss unless they SSD'd or got flung off into space on accident.

You can die of Power Loss!?

It's been a long, long time since I've seen an IPC drain their cell entirely (it was horribly suggested that EMPs would suck their cells dry initially, thank god that was rejected) but last I saw, an IPC who let their cell drain was effectively dead/perma-critted. This can be fixed by throwing them in a borg charger and/or replacing their microbattery (maybe?)

To my understanding, it's meant to balance the fact that they don't seem to suffer a 'hunger slowdown' like organics. On a sidenote I wish we had the disarm shove on APCs to dump power into one, was actually entertaining on baycode to see IPCs run about the station absorbing power from public APCs to force it into their departmental APCs, and more than once I saw a robotics IPC passed out in front of his semi charged APC from over donating.

It's been a long, long time since I've seen an IPC drain their cell entirely (it was horribly suggested that EMPs would suck their cells dry initially, thank god that was rejected) but last I saw, an IPC who let their cell drain was effectively dead/perma-critted. This can be fixed by throwing them in a borg charger and/or replacing their microbattery (maybe?)

To my understanding, it's meant to balance the fact that they don't seem to suffer a 'hunger slowdown' like organics. On a sidenote I wish we had the disarm shove on APCs to dump power into one, was actually entertaining on baycode to see IPCs run about the station absorbing power from public APCs to force it into their departmental APCs, and more than once I saw a robotics IPC passed out in front of his semi charged APC from over donating.

That sounds really damn cool. I also had many boring pizza parties in Cargo because I could not participate in the festivities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use