Stamina punch / Non-lethal take down

Ansari

I'm aware we're under a feature freeze, however, I'd like to suggest that a non lethal take down function be added to disarm / or disarm to be changed to stamina punch (Or a new stance?)

As a medbay regular, I often end up fighting people more often than I do as a security officer. Usually, the reason is that they are messing with medbay, attacking medbay member or stole surgery tool (A capital crime in my eyes). However, with table stun being nerfed, grab being resistable from the ground, non-security, non-antag really lack a way to reliable, non-lethally keep someone down in a fight. And I believe there's a need for more options to non lethally brawl in game.

Right now, the only way to keep someone down "non-lethally" in game is to crit them with welding tool or something similar in game (Which is going to raise some eyebrows as people could easily mistake it for murder attempt, and is not far away from one) , then restrain them afterward. I cannot restrain someone effectively as non-sec without powergaming by carrying a stunprod and cable cuffs / syringe gun loaded with meme all the time.

I'd like the option to deal stamina damage to someone during a brawl, like for example, disarm being punch with only stamina damage. (If you have any better ideas, please post it in here)

tl;dr Can't non-lethally restrain someone as non-sec without powergaming, plz add feature.

Using Disarm intent on someone Deals Stamina Damage while you`re holding "Weapon X"?

(Without heavily harming them like Harm Intent does)

or Ex: "Weapon X" deals more Stamina Damage than Brute Damage if used with Disarm Intent.

Probably it`s gonna help/assist Antags or give New Objectives to them.

Ex. Kidnapp/Capture, "Person x" and pull "Person x" to "Place x" (and then the guy dissapears if you Call/Use Ability while in that location or while you`re using a Bluespace Body Bag, that teleports the guy away somewhere, where he has to do something or he just dies).

I used to think this would be a good idea, but a stamina based weapon or attack that any crewman can have would be incredibly easy to abuse. You might think it'd be only good for non lethal takedowns but this would basically give anyone who's persistent a virtual infinite stun, as long as they kept hitting them. There's almost no way this wouldn't be abused to hell.

Well there a way to work round that, Adding delays, Making it so that it take even longer to hit someone when they on the ground, giving them a % to get away but works just fine when they on their feet. basic if someone is A then it have 100% to hit but if someone is B then only 5% to hit, and if someone is C then 1%

We desperately need this, fist fights just aren't viable unless you're actively trying to harm the other guy. Non-lethal fist fights would help RP, especially considering how easy it is to break bones with your bare fists. As for knocking people out, what I'd like to see is something that gives people a chance to escape. Make knocking out people with just your fists take a long amount of time, so it's not just a few hits and you're out. And instead of getting flat knocked out, maybe just make them weakened. In this state, they'd be easier to grab and drag around, but they'd still be capable of resisting out once their stamina increases again. They'd be awake, so calling for help would be possible.

This shouldn't be adding stuns, or a way to fully incapacitate someone. Non-lethal punches should be a way to engage in non-antagonistic combat.

Perhaps something along the line of scoring 20 disarm punches (as an example) will lead to you being weakened for some 5 - 7 seconds, which is enough time to cuff / restrain / disposal you if you were prepared, but afterward, the victim get an adrenaline rush (Or some sort of things like that) and could escape without the penalty of stamina damage? Granted, if someone manage to disarm punch you for twenty time, I am quite sure you can manage to call for help

Perhaps something along the line of scoring 20 disarm punches (as an example) will lead to you being weakened for some 5 - 7 seconds, which is enough time to cuff / restrain / disposal you if you were prepared, but afterward, the victim get an adrenaline rush (Or some sort of things like that) and could escape without the penalty of stamina damage? Granted, if someone manage to disarm punch you for twenty time, I am quite sure you can manage to call for help

Probably the Idea I had that:

Ex: "Weapon X" deals more Stamina Damage than Brute Damage if used with Disarm Intent.

Is Way better,

but like everyone said it`s gonna get abused,but It can get balanced pretty easily,

By adding a little delay of "X seconds"

Ex. "Person X" gets in a fight with "Person Y" but thanks to this delay he just gets every "X seconds", Stamina Damage and probably very little Brute Damage and it Won`t be abused because it`s gonna take "X seconds" to Stun/KnockDown "Person X", and meanwhile "Person X" can Call for help or attempt to Robust "Person Y".

(unless "Person Y" doesn`t get robusted by "Person X")

I used to think this would be a good idea, but a stamina based weapon or attack that any crewman can have would be incredibly easy to abuse. You might think it'd be only good for non lethal takedowns but this would basically give anyone who's persistent a virtual infinite stun, as long as they kept hitting them. There's almost no way this wouldn't be abused to hell.

There`s not gonna be any Stamina Based Weapon just weapons(Everything you can hold) that if used with Disarm Intent is gonna deal "X Stamina Damage"

I`ve got another Idea.

Ex. "Weapon X" deals Stamina Damage based on the amout of Brute/Burn Damage it deals usually, if used with Disarm Intent.

Probably not Burn Damage.

Stuns are king ATM and have been for as long as I can remember, don't need more ways to inflict them, if you get into a fight with someone and you don't want to break their bones then you should be push-spamming and GTFO-ing to safety while the cavalry arrive.

That and there's no such thing as a non lethal punch, if you hit someone you're going to damage them.

Making groin attacks deal stamina damage equal to the brute damage though, that'd make sense.

Heretic echoes my feelings as well. On paper, it sounds nice, but in practice, it gets abusive pretttttty doggone quickly. It also means that since everything is non-lethal, you're going to see a LOT more confrontations over the pettiest of things since there won't really be any repercussions for any of them just whacking someone repeatedly other than some IC punishment in some situations.

Personally I think we need to encourage less kneejerk reactions and violence as a first go-to thing for dealing with altercations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use