Full Body Prosthetics

mcalexev

So, I noticed on another server that they had the option to COMPLETELY replace all of your body, organs and brain included with cybernetics, essentially becoming a full on humanoid cyborg. I'd totally love having such an option here. It'd work well for quite a few of my characters.

IPC's are more full on robots. This'd be like...say.....General Grievous, for example. Full on cybernetic body, though with organic components if chosen.

Its easier to just add encased brain as ipc brain option. So you can just RP ipc as full body cyborg.

That'd work. Humanoid heads and different body variants for IPC's would be brilliant. Allow them more variation than just having a TV for a head.

Yeah that'd be co- Oh wait we already have that.

Click the 'Adjust' button next to 'Limbs and Parts' in character setup, select the part you want to modify, select Prosthesis, select the brand, and select humanoid, monitor, or the alt one if you're modify the head.

Do the same thing but select Normal instead of Prosthesis to return it to normal morpheus monitor head IPC.

--------

You know what we really need? Scorpius parts for IPCs. So I can combine my robutt ERP with my yiff.

Animal-styled cybernetics'd be sweet aswell. With the option for tails too perhaps? Could go all cyber-vulpkanin.

M-muh extra speshul snowflake character has a cybernetic tail

Could go all cyber-vulpkanin.

please god no

Shitposting aside, I think the reason we don't have full-body augments available by default is because, if knowledge serves, stuff like cyborg torsos and so on actually provide significant damage reduction to the person. Like, Gunther Hermann augs. So, being the sort of person who powergames his characters blood types, I'd totally get some of that sweet built-in DR and so would lots and lots of people.

Internal organs would probably be fine though. We've already got hearts and eyes, not much aside from code stopping us from getting iron lungs, and I don't think there's any other internal organs of consequence aside from brain.

Liver's important, too, a healthy liver helps cope with alcohol and poison. Too much alcohol or poison, though, and you'll very quickly end up with an UNhealthy liver and a steady tick of tox damage.

Appendixes only exist to cause appendicitis, IIRC, but, well, if you're in there getting the full Adam Jensen treatment, might as well make sure you DON'T get appendicitis, right?

Could go all cyber-vulpkanin.

please god no

Shitposting aside, I think the reason we don't have full-body augments available by default is because, if knowledge serves, stuff like cyborg torsos and so on actually provide significant damage reduction to the person. Like, Gunther Hermann augs. So, being the sort of person who powergames his characters blood types, I'd totally get some of that sweet built-in DR and so would lots and lots of people.

Internal organs would probably be fine though. We've already got hearts and eyes, not much aside from code stopping us from getting iron lungs, and I don't think there's any other internal organs of consequence aside from brain.

As far as I know cyber limbs don't take any extra damage. Their downsides are the fact they pop off a bit easier, that they go on the fritz when damaged too much, and you cannot use chems. Any damage over a certain threshold is internal damage which requires synthetic style repair surgery.

Prosthetics used to be almost straight upgrades before that last part got added. Now they're slightly better then a fleshy limb but one good EMP and you can RIP in pieces and if they get too busted you still gotta have surgery, just... with a roboticist instead of a Surgeon. Minor injuries are easier to fix with welder an cables tho.

Been suggested long before and buried in the ocean, but I summon suggestionthulhu. I shall use him to revive the suggestion of "Why not just make an alt brain type for IPC that's a brain encased in something that could literally just be a resprited posibrain with fluff added to it. Full body prosthetics are kind of like being an ipc who has to breath, get diseases, and have chemical damage, but also having a bit of DR to brute without the debuffs aside from EMPs causing everything to crash and burn.

Is this a fluff change that's being asked for? A mechanical thingy? What is thy purpose, knave!?

Aye, not a real MMI though, just a posibrain the looks like something somewhat organic, but functions entirely the same.

You did not read the whole thread, right? We came to conclusion that special MMI which is mechanicaly resprite of posibrain is just fine. Like human brain permanently encased in armoured shell.

Against.

If you want to be a robot or something similar, play as an IPC.

The existing systems already support you being cybered up to the nines as is, and we shouldn't be shamelessly annihilating the differences between species by making them all one big amalgamation of each other. Bad enough that there are IPC's who now look, and act completely human.

The tradeoff for cybernetic limbs is not damage reduction for reference. You get to deal with malfunctions, and higher decap rates in exchange for ease of repair - welders and cable coil are more readily available than chems, trauma kits, or patches.

You did not read the whole thread, right? We came to conclusion that special MMI which is mechanicaly resprite of posibrain is just fine. Like human brain permanently encased in armoured shell.

I'll admit, I only read the title and post #1, mostly due to horrible laziness.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use