Slime escape event?

vip651

what are people's thoughts on however it happening player controlled slimes showing up as a possible random event? Had a wormhole storm teleport a few out of containment in a previous game, and from what i heard on comms muh later in the game it was somehow found in cargo with much glorious screaming.

Giving ghosts expendable mobs capable of harming and destroying is shit, this is the reason carps are unplayable.
Ah yes, i can see the problem with that, but from what i have seen in science are not the slimes similar danger level to xenomorphs? they do have some very crippling weaknesses that space carp do not, specifically cold and water.

There's actually 3 ways that slimes can get loose without a scientist or someone else directly removing from their pen.

> Dimensional Tear Event spawns random mobs including a slime.

> Wormhole Event where a wormhole appears in one of the pens AND a slime happens to move into it.

> Pyroclastic Anomaly spawns a red (maybe orange?) slime as part of the anomaly.

I think it would be interesting if bluespace slimes had the ability to teleport short distances in search of food.

Slimes are fairly harmless if you know how to deal with them and have the right equipment on hand. Fire extinguishers are relatively common and in the event of a massive outbreak the atmos techs could put their firefighting backpacks to use. That being said slimes can be quite dangerous, and if a slime isn't dealt with fairly quickly and it has a source of food it can multiply quite a bit.

I loathe to let this happen as Slimepocalypse is still a thing that can happen if Xenobio is not paying attention, and because while slime's SEEM harmless, actually killing them with fire extinguishers are really hard when they are in the open hallways.

However with the firefighter backpacks and the temperature guns working extremely well, I don't think this would be a problematic event.

Still can happen quite well, so I don't think we should let it be a random event specifically for letting Slimes out.

It'd be nice as a random event, but don't let the slimes come from xenobio. Maybe have a few slimes ooze out of a vent somewhere. They're dangerous and slime-apop can happen, but we need more dangerous events. I'd be okay with it being an event that happens every few rounds, but not consistently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use