Plasmaman spraypaint

improvedname

The issue with this is that the plasmasuits have variable armour values.

An indiscrete HoP could effectively equip every plasmaman on the station with HoS-grade armour.

Its fucking spraypaint not reinforced steel they shouldnt get any armor values

The.

Suit.

Has armour values.

When you change from an engineering hardsuit, to the Head of Security's armored coat, you are wearing something that has different protection values.

The problem here is that this idea effectively allows for *infinite* amounts of some of the best armours/suits on the server for any and all plasmapersons, because you are changing suit A (Let's say a plasmaman's engineering suit) for suit B (Plasmaman's Head of Security Suit).

Breaking into the HoP's office should not net anyone the chance to also get a suit with the Head of Security's protection values.

If you are saying "just change the icon without updating the protection values", sure - but this also brings the problem of allowing plasmapeople to *disguise* what they're actually wearing. Now I can be the Head of Security, with the head of security's armour values, and look like the clown for instance.

If you are saying "just change the icon without updating the protection values", sure - but this also brings the problem of allowing plasmapeople to *disguise* what they're actually wearing. Now I can be the Head of Security, with the head of security's armour values, and look like the clown for instance.

But plasmamen are rare. That fact already make them very distingushable. You think people would not take a note that their Head of Security is a plasmaman? They will and if they suddenly see any other plasmamen which was not there roundstart/had no arriving message they would find out who is it very quickly.

But plasmamen are rare. That fact already make them very distingushable. You think people would not take a note that their Head of Security is a plasmaman? They will and if they suddenly see any other plasmamen which was not there roundstart/had no arriving message they would find out who is it very quickly.

Unless your target is the HoS, you're unlikely to take note of who the HoS/who their name is.

Because they're exceptionally rare, I also feel like this is an unneeded feature - especially since the number of times I've seen a plasmaperson in line at the HoP or receive a job change is in the range of 0 to 0.

I primarily play as this race, for reference.

Unless your target is the HoS, you're unlikely to take note of who the HoS/who their name is.

Thats not true. People always nicely remember unusual and snowflakey things. Plasmamen being extremely rare WILL take people's attention for sure unless that plasmaman take the job outside of working with people(virologist, xenobiologist, very work loving miner e.t.c). And people also tend to remember the names and look of their department mates. Any department head who worth his position is also well remembered even outside of department.

Thats not true. People always nicely remember unusual and snowflakey things. Plasmamen being extremely rare WILL take people's attention for sure unless that plasmaman take the job outside of working with people(virologist, xenobiologist, very work loving miner e.t.c). And people also tend to remember the names and look of their department mates. Any department head who worth his position is also well remembered even outside of department.

Unless you actually see the person in question, it's hard to tell what their race is unless they're named Quuqimooqiimool or something.

Either way, I'm not for it.

Unless you actually see the person in question, it's hard to tell what their race is unless they're named Quuqimooqiimool or something.

Either way, I'm not for it.

I can understand when people mistake IPC or slimepeople for humans. But how can they mistake other races? All of them have rather alien names and looks unique.

Plasman Sprites look incredibly similar to the Void Suit in the TComms. I sometimes take a bit to realize it's not an RD wearing the suit when I see one. Sure the colors give it away at times, but I don't look for colors I look for shapes, since there's a lot of unique shapes in the game.

If the Suits didn't have an armor value on them for their various departments (Medical hasBio, Engineering has minor stats, Security has moderate stats, Miner has Brute, Scientist has Bomb(?)) I can see a good reason for this, but it defiantly would screw people up thinking the Plasman is something else.

I can understand when people mistake IPC or slimepeople for humans. But how can they mistake other races? All of them have rather alien names and looks unique.

I don't shift-click everyone I walk past in the hallway, nor should anyone really unless they're doing something out of the ordinary.

If I see someone dressed up like the clown, I'll (generally safely) assume they're the clown. I'll not assume they're the HoS, who looks like the clown, who's packing the HoS' armour values.

I just see this as something opening avenues for powergaming, which is exactly why I play only in the medical department or medical-related roles as my plasmaperson (as I have a fluff item which does something similar to this suggestion, and the medical suits all provide the same bio protection).

I also just see this as sort of being.. Fluff for an underplayed and incredibly rare race, that most people play as a trophy anyways. I'd rather see efforts directed toward something for Tajaran or Unathi.

Very few plasmapeople have standout names. Firebrand, Sirius, and Fawkes come to mind (which is about 50% of the plasmapeople on the server), all names which are not really race specific or 'alien'.

The only plasmaperson come to think of it, that outright screams "I AM A PLASMAPERSON" when you look at the manifest is "Boron of Tau Ceti". Again, unless you physically see the HoS or you study the manifest (and most people don't without reason) you're not really going to know who the CE/RD/Whoever is until you see them, especially considering that most heads don't commonly speak outside of command, or department specific frequencies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use