Allow Nuclear operatives to change name.

Fruerlund

Nuclear Operatives are mercenaries hired by Syndicate to do their dirty work as far as I know. Meaning they're not clones and shouldn't be named like.

I'd like to suggest that upon beginning the round the ops, are prompted with a name choice box to choose a name for their character.

This would allow more stealthier approaches without having to worry about.

Nuclearhonkindonkingdonut Operative says:

But more like

John Ghost, says: Totally not a operative.

Nuclear Operatives are mercenaries hired by Syndicate to do their dirty work as far as I know. Meaning they're not clones and shouldn't be named like.

I'd like to suggest that upon beginning the round the ops, are prompted with a name choice box to choose a name for their character.

This would allow more stealthier approaches without having to worry about.

Nuclearhonkindonkingdonut Operative says:

But more like

John Ghost, says: Totally not a operative.

For stealthops, DNA scramblers are already a must which makes this moot.

They also start with an Agent ID, that you can change the name of.

This would be a nice thing to have but it's better not to have it, the snufleks are real.

I'm not joking, you used to be able to name and extensively customise your ERT character and we lost that because people started using on-station characters and BS arrpee'ing themselves into metashitdom, there were more than a couple of petty officers/fleet lieutenants running around and it was terrible.

The same thing would happen with customizable nuke ops.

We had the ability to use our own characters at one point for nukies, although they were renamed as they are now when the round started.

Somewhat wish it was brought back.

We had the ability to use our own characters at one point for nukies, although they were renamed as they are now when the round started.

Then that brings up the problems of not being able to use equipment because a specific race is with you (IPC's), You have to wait for them to catch up to the group when charging in (Diona) or have some silly shit happen to them (Vox). Not to mention the Drask will need a nuke op and elite op hardsuit, and the Elite Op will need icons for all the races now (I do not know if they already do).

Then that brings up the problems of not being able to use equipment because a specific race is with you (IPC's), You have to wait for them to catch up to the group when charging in (Diona) or have some silly shit happen to them (Vox). Not to mention the Drask will need a nuke op and elite op hardsuit, and the Elite Op will need icons for all the races now (I do not know if they already do).

From my understanding the elite hardsuit sprites just use the default for all the other races.

If you're referring to the ion rifle, nukies already have to be extremely careful, if they misfire it into each other they have a chance of setting off their internal implant, or if they order a syndiborg/ mech.

Diona isn't a terrible issue, and could probably be worked around. They are extremely strong and, given a ranged weapon, would do just fine.

You might need to elaborate a bit more with Vox (skrek).

I thought Drask already had sprites for the nukie hardsuits, but I could be wrong. Either way, it could be made if there's a spriter willing to do so.

This would be a nice thing to have but it's better not to have it, the snufleks are real.

I'm not joking, you used to be able to name and extensively customise your ERT character and we lost that because people started using on-station characters and BS arrpee'ing themselves into metashitdom, there were more than a couple of petty officers/fleet lieutenants running around and it was terrible.

The same thing would happen with customizable nuke ops.

Im with Doukan on this one, I dont think that allowing this would be a good idea

"Murderkiller Slayermaster Thunderbisheps Mcfacepuncher - the nukie dude, shows you his ID"

Nah, people will name it after their snowflake and it would make nukeops go sneaky every time and turn into traitor deluxe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use