Consistent Patch Dates

nickcrazy

I think I share the same opinions of a good number of players on the server when I say I think we need a more consistent schedule with patches.

I understand how some people are not on at all times, but it feels like there could be a better attempt at going for a weekly patch than what we are seeing now. I remember one admin telling me how it is supposed to be once a week, but recently it's gotten stretched. Our latest patch was about two weeks apart from the last one and it looks like it's going to be another week before we might seen another.

Maybe a select day that maintainers and headmins strive to get a patch in, and if not let people know of x reason why it would be delayed, just something to get rid of the guesswork with the server upkeep and updating. This is in no way meant to offend anyone, and I'm sure our staff work hard to keep up a high level of quality and civility to this server at the best of their ability.

I love this server and everyone on it. [spoiler2]Even when I act like a total dildo to some for no reason.[/spoiler2]

There is almost always content ready to be patched in.

And I know this isn't 100% feasible from what I've discussed with Fox, but /tg/'s autopatcher would be great.

One person? Gone? Why only one? Why this person only? Does it mean there is content but it's waiting to be patched?

Mel only wishes one person to have access to the server computer at a time for security reasons (only 2 places the password can be stolen from rather then say, 6) and also so we do not have a conflict of interest between people who have access, which was something we had in the past when more people had access at once.

Auto-patching would be better, and last I recall someone was trying to work out the kinks to make it work (which would also make it so only one location would have to have the passcode, other than to perhaps emergency reboot the server). When the current person responsible for patching gets better, I'd personally like patches every other week, with emergency fix patches when necessary, of course, as a precaution. A number of patches that get added are fixes to the game's code, and when something is broken for 3 weeks before a patch goes through to make it playable, it does bother players (and perhaps admins who have to fix it on live *cough*podcode*cough*). Consistency is not a certainty, however, as more than just the factor of the person who can patch being around to patch plays into this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use