Let shoes break reinforced windows

Vivalas

Okay, so, prisoners can break out of their cells by smashing the lights with their shoes, then throwing the shattered light bulb at the window until it breaks. This is very dumb and illogical and they should be able to just do it by throwing their shoes at the windows.

And as for balance "but now shitter can break into everywhere with their shoes" they already could. By using the trick mentioned above. And breaking reinforced windows was never that hard to begin with.

The only reason I can see lightbulbs breaking windows is because they have throwforce so they do damage when thrown, which makes sense, but seems like more of an oversight than anything.

Shoes should be given a very small amount of throwforce so they can break windows, like shattered lightbulbs can. If you throw a shoe at someone anyways it would probably hurt if you threw it hard enough.

I'm actually shocked, shocked, that nobody has seen fit to

This'd be an excellent remedy +1 there's a bit of thing at the moment with no fun allowedees stealing all the brigs bulbs, it'd save some immersions and maybe we'd finally see the shoe tithe.

you know you can also just

punch the window down

cut through the grille with a glass shard

and punch down another?

DavidTucker-SaltShaker-04.jpg

For the billionth time there is no salt, "i ded", or hugbox about this. You brought up an issue with my reinforced lights that I thought was silly and agreed on by adding this. There is no reason for shattered lightbulbs to be anymore effective than shoes. This is getting quite silly and almost toxic to be honest.

This wouldn't solve anything. Security already metagames away your PDA, if shoes become weapons they'll metagame them away too or make orange shoes unable to do damage and make you wear those.

This wouldn't solve anything. Security already metagames away your PDA, if shoes become weapons they'll metagame them away too or make orange shoes unable to do damage and make you wear those.

They already could do this if they wanted to, since you need shoes to break lights. Security taking your PDA is against SOP and is a separate problem.

Security taking your PDA is against SOP and is a separate problem.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

A recent security overhaul that's often overlooked, despite it being the same one that allows guns drawn in blue at all times. Cause SoP makes sense /s

It's not meta if they suspect you have an uplink in it. Because NT know uplinks can be hidden in them. It's not meta to take away potential weapons, meta is using knowledge your character shouldn't have.

Taking away a PDA for a 5 minute sentence is shitty. Taking the PDA of a suspected traitor is just common sense.

As for shoes being weapons...if they can be used to break out, then we end up with sec taking people's shoes. Letting people smash windows and break out with their shoes I just don't see as good for prisoners or good for security.

A recent security overhaul that's often overlooked, despite it being the same one that allows guns drawn in blue at all times. Cause SoP makes sense /s

Wait wait what? I just went thru the SoP in wiki back and forth and nothing about a PDA. Only thing related to that is ALWAYS let them keep their headset unless they abuse it (spamming, cursing etc.) (Headset thing ye can never forget... remove someones headset to check for keys, mentorhelp get bwoinked "HALPS! WARDENS TOOK MINE HEADSETZ, GIB HIMS NAW!)

Wait wait what? I just went thru the SoP in wiki back and forth and nothing about a PDA. Only thing related to that is ALWAYS let them keep their headset unless they abuse it (spamming, cursing etc.) (Headset thing ye can never forget... remove someones headset to check for keys, mentorhelp get bwoinked "HALPS! WARDENS TOOK MINE HEADSETZ, GIB HIMS NAW!)

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Leg ... _Procedure

3. The prisoner is to be stripped of all belongings, save for their uniform, headset, ID, PDA and shoes. Vox are to retain their internals, plasmamen are to retain internals and their suit.

If the SoP consolidation process was supposed to make SoP easier to read and know for all jobs, it definitely failed cause it's still all over the place. Given that Brig cells are supposed to be more like a drunk tank than actual prison cells [no toilet or amenities, just a bed] there's no reason to strip them at all save for items that MAY be used in an escape attempt by uncooperative prisoners.

Back on topic, shoes as weapons are just a terrible idea. Anything that can be used to assist in a breakout will be taken away. The point on the PDA still stands, because everytime I've been arrested, traitor, antag or otherwise, everything but my uniform, headset and shoes have been taken away and locked up. SoP or not, if that's standard treatment for brigging a person who got in a fight with an uncooperative co-worker, it's little wonder people get mad and fuck up their cells.

I don't really actually know now if I want to make it easier to break out, but it's worth mentioning they they currently can break out with their shoes using a roundabout method.

Security taking the shoes if they're used to break out is kind of a moot point, since security already takes the light if they try breaking out using that.

It was becoming the norm to pre-emptively remove the cell's bulb at roundtstart last time I was on.

They've even started taking the soap from perma :(

People have been taking the soap from perma since I've started playing, but removing the bulbs at the start is new.

Why, exactly, can reinforced windows be broken without tools?

They’re reinforced. They have metal rods running through them. Even if you completely destroyed the glass, to the point there was no glass left at all, congratulations, you’re left with what is effectively a mounted set of metal bars. How are you going to get past those, without tools, or at the very least, something capable of bending metal? You aren’t. Or, well, you shouldn’t be able to.

It is somewhat ridiculous that prisoners can break a light in their cell, then use the light to break a *reinforced window*. I’d argue less that shoes need throwforce added, and more that light bulbs need throwforce removed. Or better yet, rglass needs a force threshold added that prevents it being damaged by anything less heavy than a wrench.

Why, exactly, can reinforced windows be broken without tools?

They’re reinforced. They have metal rods running through them. Even if you completely destroyed the glass, to the point there was no glass left at all, congratulations, you’re left with what is effectively a mounted set of metal bars. How are you going to get past those, without tools, or at the very least, something capable of bending metal? You aren’t. Or, well, you shouldn’t be able to.

It is somewhat ridiculous that prisoners can break a light in their cell, then use the light to break a *reinforced window*. I’d argue less that shoes need throwforce added, and more that light bulbs need throwforce removed. Or better yet, rglass needs a force threshold added that prevents it being damaged by anything less heavy than a wrench.

Ideally yes, but prisoners need some way to escape for whatever reason. There is a lot of salt against removing the whole "break lightbulbs to escape" method and so my solution is to make shoes break windows, since then at least prisoners would leave lights alone. Although I'm having second thoughts now as to if it is really that good of an idea to empower shitters with this ability.

At least I'm not the only sane person here who thinks it is retarded as all hell to be able to break reinforced glass by tossing a shattered lightbulb at it until it blows apart.

Really though if people are escaping because they managed to smash through the windows it's kinda sec's fault for not keeping an eye on them.

I mean you can always just weld them in the toilet or something.

Really though if people are escaping because they managed to smash through the windows it's kinda sec's fault for not keeping an eye on them.

I mean you can always just weld them in the toilet or something.

Or while your just saying FUCK SOP you can just bedcuff them to a bed then put up walls around the bed.

Or while your just saying FUCK SOP you can just bedcuff them to a bed then put up walls around the bed.

Or just break their legs.

They don't need those.

Why stop there? Break arms also, they cannot use shoes to break glass then if they get legs splinted somehow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use