Make brains unknown

Doukan

They all have name tags on them for some reason, it'd be kinda funny if people accidentally cloned the assassin instead as well.

I just find it a bit silly.

Poll maybe?

Edited by Guest

1+...

Every time i have to kill someone and gib em, the brain with and magical name tag bothers me. Yes, you can hide it, but still, if someone finds it, they know whos brain it it... kinda an odd system.

This would SUCK for MMIs and surgery, not to mention anything else involved with brains.

MMI's can speak and when there's surgery involved the body is usually on hand anyway.

Sec searching your backpack and knowing exactly who's brain it is though... kinda takes the piss.

The point of this would be to make it a bit more !!fun!! when there's an exposion or something, ATM it's a bit too easy IMO just to swap around brains and give VIPs new bodies.

All nanotrasen crew undergo a surgery that gets a code placed on their cortex to identify their viscera.

And what about any of antags coming from outside? Wizards, shkrek raiders, nuke ops.

All nanotrasen crew undergo a surgery that gets a code placed on their cortex to identify their viscera.

And what about any of antags coming from outside? Wizards, shkrek raiders, nuke ops.

NT sends those guys on a covert false flag operation.

NT sends those guys on a covert false flag operation.

Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 was an inside job! The derelict was built to withstand a bluespace shuttle!

Eh, still, if it's for the sake of realism, don't try that argument, I'd guess the reason for this suggestion is so sec can't say "Oh, this is Jim Bob's brain, he died earlier and said something about maint, must mean this guy is a traitor." This would just add the step of jamming it into an MMI and repeating the previous sentence. Having a brain on you outside of its body is going to net you a tonne of suspicion regardless. What would having no name fix?

I like the idea. Imagine, if you will, a traitor gibbing both himself and his target with a bomb. Nobody will know who was who in this situation, especially if the brains aren't labeled, allowing for some interesting interactions to find who was the culprit.

Or we're in the future where all brains morph themselves to form creases in their owner's name and posibrains make laser cuts for the same thing.

I like the idea. Imagine, if you will, a traitor gibbing both himself and his target with a bomb. Nobody will know who was who in this situation, especially if the brains aren't labeled, allowing for some interesting interactions to find who was the culprit.

What you refer to as "interesting interactions" I refer to as "wasting large amounts of time and resources to make MMI's and sort out the damn mess"

You guys are overlooking some very simple middle ground. Make medical scanners reveal who's brain it is, provided that person has a medical record on the computers. It can give a reason to mess with medical records and delete targets, it makes it so security can't meta without carrying around medical scanners, it gives some leeway so antags might possibly get revived or borged.

Nothing's stopping anyone from borging most antags, they aren't still antags after being put into the borg shell. The only reasons you wouldn't borg an antag is if you're Powergamer McGee that believes "ALL CRIMINALS SHOULD BE DEAD FOREVER" or Roboticists' is way too understaffed and supplied.

Also, to clarify my stance, -1.

Edited by Guest

No. This has been a thing in SS13 for eons. It's not "logical" or "realistic", but this is ultimately a game, at the end of the day, some conveniences exist for the sake of clarity and lack of confusion.

This makes brain surgery even more annoying than it is, and it pretty much means that if someone ever gets gibbed, there's going to be even less of a chance that they'll be revived (let alone revived as the right species).

There are a lot of abstractions in this game - especially to do with identifying people - that are simply for convenience.

This is one that makes the game less annoying for pretty much everyone, and I thus support it staying the way it is.

If you want a lore reason, everyone has a tattoo of their real name on their brain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use