Anyone else worried about the new Ratchet and Clank Movie?

Renomaki

As an old fan of the games back when I was a kid, seeing R&C continue to survive to this day is rather heartwarming. The fact that they are going to have a movie based on them is even more impressive..

But, as with many properties, I can't help but feel concerned about the movie.. It's bad enough that they retconned a lot of the lore to make an alternate storyline, but from what little I seen in trailers, I sometimes wonder if the movie will come out a success akin to the Peanuts Movie, or disappointingly bomb like the recent Hitman flick...

I'm not sure how many of you are fans of the series, but if there are a few fans, what are you thoughts on the movie that is coming our way? Are you excited, or not gonna get your hopes up, considering how often videogame-based movies tend to... struggle?

what if this is just an excuse to make the ultimate meta joke possible. They're gonna make another game, that features the movie, that references the games, that reference a different movie, that reference the previous games, that have their own movies, all of which reference Quark. OF COURSE! RACHET AND CLANK HAS BEEN ABOUT QUARK THE WHOLE TIME!

Quark strongest, Quark best.

Can't argue with that, considering he has a kink for mini-torture devices and genital mangling.

You'd have to have balls of steel to get off to sheer, nightmare inducing pain.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the film is out, let's dive into what makes it bad or good, with in depth- oh, it was literally cut scenes from the game. No joke. Play the game, apparently it was great, the film is straight up cut scenes from the game.

I knew it, it was too good to be true....

Here we were, having such high hopes for the movie, and then they do this to us.. But on the other hand, at least the game based on the movie is surprisingly good from what I hear.. Or.. Is the movie based on the game? Which is based on which, I'm SO CONFUSED!.

Now that the film is out, let's dive into what makes it bad or good, with in depth- oh, it was literally cut scenes from the game. No joke. Play the game, apparently it was great, the film is straight up cut scenes from the game.

Looks like i was wrong then...

Looks like i was wrong then...

I mean, they're not bad cutscenes, not by any amount, but still, the game would provide a lot more fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use