Vox Traders as a mid-round event instead of round type.

Penguinizer

Now, this has probably been suggested before, but it wasn't in the first 2 pages so I'm too lazy to search.

Basically, what this stems from is Vox Traders not being very fun for most people. With traitors/vamps/whatnot, they usually at least have some happen that affects them. With Vox Traders, it's usually negotiations with head of staff and at most one or two vox sort of screwing around. I've seen this same thing suggested in OOC chat quite a bit, so might as well make this fancy thread.

Basically, what I suggest is making it a mid-round event akin to Borers. It'd have to be retooled into being a smaller team, possibly, or having the team size scale. The objectives would have to be rebalanced as they could quite possibly have very little time, as well as having to deal with overall chaos.They'd also likely have to be re-tooled a bit.

One of the other effects would be them actually having to raid. As it stands, most of the time command gives them everything short of the person they have to yoink. There's just very little reason not to do so. With them having to do so during a more chaotic round, it'd lead to them using that to their advantage. That, and possibly trading equipment they have to help the crew in exchange for what they want, stuff like that. Overall, it's likely too complicated, but I think it'd end up being an overall positive change.

I've always agreed with this idea when it was brought up in other threads. I could see the event happening at the 45 minute or 1 hour mark. That gives the Vox team time to get in, get their goals done, and get out, likely while the antags for the round are causing mischief and drawing the ire of the security team, meaning a higher chance of success for the Vox as they're much less likely to be validhunted if Sec is chasing down shadowlings. Also the fact they're generally in a group means they stand a pretty good chance against any antags they run into. Hell, since the kidnap objective is randomized there's a chance they'll have to kidnap an antag.

I also think it would be cool to see Vox Traders/Raiders led by an Armalis, although that would fit better if they stayed in the main antag role as the Armalis could function as a one-man (one-Vox?) bodyguard/leader to keep the rest of the raiders in line and safe from validhunters.

I pitched the idea about 2 months ago. Thread had some interest and died.

Would be happy to more Raiders, as non-violent antags they can fit into round types that are usually pretty boring (Vampire, Traitor, Changling, Borers, ect...)

I will say, I don't feel that they should only be a mid-round thing. If the server population is high enough, having the initial spawn, or maybe event spawning in the first few minutes if there are lots of observers, would be a great way to throw off the valid hunters and other metagamers about whats going on when a bunch of Vox start snooping about. Plus having multiple high profile antags running about trying to do their own thing would be hilarious, Raiders and Wizard both moving about the station looking for loot, or maybe the Vox even deciding they want to steal the nuke during an Ops round.

Traiders just aren't robust enough to be main mode antag I'd say (they don't even have backpacks and the only real weapons they have are the spear throwers and harpoons).

Mid-game though they'd be perfect, like a non-round ending version of xenos!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use