Karma Race : Innovator

GunDOS

Ok... here we go this is my suggested karma race. Most of the things explaning it is in the Google doc below please comment on anything you wish and feel free to call me an idiot on the many mistakes i have almost certanly made...

Please note I have edited the next part...

Outline of gameplay mechanics:

•Inate ability to speak and understand all languages ( universal translator built in )

•If Emp’d they take major brain damage.

•When Ingesting Alcohol they do not get drunk.

•when punching somebody they do reduced damage.

Looks:

* covered in glowing circuitry-Esk tattoos.

* have glowing eyes the same colour as the tattoos.

Link to google doc...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yxh ... sp=sharing

Edited by Guest

I deleted my initial reply because I saw you unlocked the doc :P

I love the idea of this race, but weighing the apparent pros and cons...

Pros

• Can speak in :b

Cons

• Invades the AI's private channel

• Can't get hammered

Weak at dealing damage

Weak to EMP and has to be healed normally (at least IPCs are super easy to repair. Innovators, if they keep organic healing, would be getting the worst of both worlds)

Again, I do like the concept, but it needs more apparent benefits and more balance.

If something like this were to happen, it still shouldn't have the .b channel. That's just, in my opinion, way too overpowered and would be abused to all hell to either annoy the AI or request things from the AI directly on any given round, or blow the cover of a malfunctioning AI because it couldn't tell if it had to use another communication medium because it can't tell if you are human or not. Also, anyone who sets their eye color to any neon color would effectively look the same, and could lead both to the AI specifically targeting them or tricking the AI into thinking they are an innovator.

Looking at the pros vs cons...

Pros

Capable of understanding and speaking all languages.

Cons

Takes major brain damage if EMP'd.

Do reduced punching damage.

Mute Points

Can't get drunk.

Reasonable lore already in place.

Effectively, they'd be exactly what a karma-locked species should be: Role-play based. Effectively, they'd make great lawyers, journalists, librarians, chefs, bartenders, and even potentially the Head of Personnel and Captain positions, due to being diplomatic and being able to understand and speak all languages. To me, the unable to get drunk point has both advantages and disadvantages. It would make somewhat sense, lore-wise, but many people like to be able to get shit-faced as any species, even the ones that shouldn't.

Lore being in place also helps, and you did add a relatively reasonable lore backing their creation and why they haven't shown up yet, tying in lore of another star system.

Since they are not supposed to be physical, and instead rely on words, they would be less likely to theoretically throw a punch, anyway, so it only makes sense. It's a con only in that it effectively means they are not as robust as other species, but let us face it: Not everyone should be equally robust because you want to be able to always fight back. If you don't like it, you yourself would never have to play this species.

The implants and chips that allow it to effective understand all languages and speak them would of course mean heavy cerebral modification, and thus an EMP damaging these components, and/or damaging the brain itself, makes sense. It may be a con, but it's a relative understandable con. To further balance this out, what could happen is that the brain effectively has to be repaired with both, as of current, the Advanced Trauma Kit and, for the components themselves, Nanopaste. This is merely a suggestion on that matter, and if that damage is not fixed, effectively they just cannot understand any language other than default Galactic Common and the secondary they select. Having the components not fixed will not affect the overall brain damage count, so they can be without brain damage through fixing the damage without being able to understand other languages.

Well at least he told me what I should change unlike dragging me through the mud NTSAM but alas the mud was soft and mud-like much like a slimes exterior skin ( yes I realise it's a poor simile)

Edited by Guest

Twin basically said everything I would, but in better words. Looks interesting, and to be honest, I really like it, but of course, how will they look? Even without that, I like this.

I approve. I think it'd be neat to give them more techy organs, like augmented hearts, lungs, etc. but that's just my opinion. To make them at least a bit more unique compared to humans, looks wise, you could give them cybernetic-looking line... things, on some spots on their body, to represent their augmentations, but to make them distinct enough from robotic limbs so they're not super-vulnerable to EMPing. The glowing eyes might not be quite enough to tell them apart quickly.

And make them bleed white. Because reasons~

I approve. I think it'd be neat to give them more techy organs, like augmented hearts, lungs, etc. but that's just my opinion. To make them at least a bit more unique compared to humans, looks wise, you could give them cybernetic-looking line... things, on some spots on their body, to represent their augmentations, but to make them distinct enough from robotic limbs so they're not super-vulnerable to EMPing. The glowing eyes might not be quite enough to tell them apart quickly.

And make them bleed white. Because reasons~

Do you mean something along the lines of this? (Not to this extent of course, but similar.)

latest?cb=20110116165848&path-prefix=en

Do you mean something along the lines of this? (Not to this extent of course, but similar.)

latest?cb=20110116165848&path-prefix=en

Pretty much. Something less noticable, or perhaps only viewable on their torso, below their clothes, and maybe around their eyes/head, under the hair.

Alright, what I have changed is this,

Looks:

* covered in glowing circuitry-Esk tattoos.

* have glowing eyes the same colour as the tattoos.

Also I thought that the glowing eyes/tattoos might pulsate like maybe dark to bright... And also the animation could be stopped and started like how a vox starts and stops wagging its tale...

Actually the reason I had the glowing eyes in the first place so I could only difrenciate slightly between the human and innovator, considering the innovator in its lore are mediators built to improve relations between biological species and ai's. The innovator in my mind is a middle ground between the two...

Hmm.. I'm not really sure.. When I started writing this I kinda thought that piece of information would be up to the admins.. But considering how powerful the ability to speak in all languages is I would say maybe... 30-40 karma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use