Praxis' Medchem Power Guide

SkyPing

So I wrote this guide initially about 4 years ago.  As proud as I was of it, it was outdated, clunky, and a little bit cringy.  SO, I've went ahead and stripped a bunch of the fat from it to make it more long term usable. This guide assumes you've done at least one round of chemistry before: please refer to the wiki for instructions on how to 

The 7 medicines are, in order of priority:

Strange Reagent (1u) Pills

Spoiler

Precursor: Omnizine, Wine (You'll have to go hunting if you want to make this.)

Recipe: 30 Omnizine + 10 Wine + 10 Water + 10 Mercury + 10 Plasma + 10 Chlorine + 10 Radium = 90

Distribution: I tend to make 20 0.5 unit pills. If the medical staff you're working with seems like a bunch of idiots, don't store these pills, chances are they'll blow themselves up. If need be, you can keep a beaker or bottle hidden in your lab until it's needed.

Synthflesh (20u-40u) Patches

Synthflesh (Burn/Brute): These emergency patches heal both burn and brute damage. They’re a pain in the butt to make because they require Styptic Powder as a component, but I have a work around. I’m including two different ways to make it because I believe my method is fairly unique, and every other chemist uses bottles.

My Recipe: 5 Sulfur, 5 Hydrogen, 5 Oxygen, 10 Aluminium, 10 Oxygen, 10 Hydrogen, 40 Carbon, 40 Blood. 120 Synthflesh. I can hear Squish dying from here.

My Distribution: 20 unit patches. Create 30 patches (Repeat five times.) Save about 90 units of it in bottles for Mitocholide.

Mitocholide (15u) Pills

Mitocholide (Internal Organs): The bitchiest of bitchy medicines to make. Heals up organ damage without the use of surgeries. This again, makes surgeons even lazier, but again, this drug is useful if both of your operating rooms are in use.

Precursor: 90/120 Cryoxadone, 90/120 Synthflesh.

Recipe: 30 Cryo, 30 Synth, 30 Plasma. Results in 90 units of Mito.

Distribution: Create 15 unit pills. You can make 18 or 24 pills (3 or 4 times). It honestly just depends on which of the two methods you used to create the synthflesh: you either get 90 or 120 of it, so just distribute it depending on how you like.

Cryoxadone (30-50u) Bottles

Cryoxadone (Brute/Burn/Oxy/Toxin/Cloning): What you fill the cryotubes with! Chances are people have been yelling at you to make this already; that’s because Cryoxadone is also used to stock the cloning machine, as Cryoxadone is used to create synthmeat. You can make this one first if you so please, but the general consensus is that the doctors shouldn’t be relying on those damn cryotubes anyhow.

Precursor: 90 Acetone.

Recipe: 30 Acetone, 10 Water, 10 Nitrogen, 10 Chlorine, 10 Radium, 50 Plasma. Creates 120 units of Cryoxadone.

Distribution: Create 30 unit bottles. Get 12 bottles (Repeat three times). Save a few of those bottles for Mitocholide.

Hydrocodone (50u) Bottles

Perfluorodecalin (10u) Patches

Perfluorodecalin (Oxygen): Your standard oxygen medication. Heals up oxygen like nobody’s business, but leaves the user mute. Since the doctors using this medicine will have to be with the patient in order to distribute it, the user won't exactly need to talk or yell for help, since they have a doctor with them. In addition, Perfluoro is much easier to make than the inferior Salbutamol [spoiler2]for some strange reason[/spoiler2].

Recipe: 10 Welding Fuel, 10 Carbon, 40 Hydrogen, 30 Fluorine. Heat. Makes 90 Perfluoro.

Distribution: 10 unit patches. Create 18 patches (Twice.)

Pentetic Acid (5u) Pills

Pentetic Acid (Toxin/Purging): This little bitch to make is your standard toxin medication. It deals with toxin damage and purges everything out of your blood stream (Including other medication such as Saline Glucose, so be wary). The downside is that it deals some minor brute damage. An upgrade over charcoal.

Precursor: 20 Formaldehyde, 20 Cyanide, 20 Ammonia (Take the starting Ammonia; the Forma and Cyanide you’ll have to make seperately; check the components section)

Recipe: 20 Formaldehyde, 20 Cyanide, 20 Ammonia, 20 Welding Fuel, 20 Chlorine, 20 Sodium. Creates 120 Pentetic Acid.

Distribution: 5 unit pills. Create 24 pills. (Once.)

Ammonia: Component for Pentetic, Silver Sulf, Diethyl, and Cyanide. Easy to mix.

Recipe: 30 Hydrogen, 10 Nitrogen. Creates 30 Ammonia.

Sulfuric Acid: Component for Atropine and Syptic Powder. Easy to mix.

Recipe: 10 Hydrogen, 10 Oxygen, 10 Sulfur. Creates 20 Sulfuric Acid.

Acetone: Component for Cryoxadone, Atropine and Mutadone. Make and bottle separately.

Recipe: 30 Oxygen, 40 Welding Fuel, 10 Carbon, 10 Hydrogen. Creates 90 Acetone.

Phenol: Component for Atropine. Make and bottle seperately.

Recipe: 10 Welding Fuel, 10 Carbon, 10 Hydrogen, 30 Water, 30 Chlorine

Diethylamine: Component for Atropine. It’s a special case (See Atropine).

Recipe: 10 Ammonia, 10 Ethanol. Heat. Creates 20 Diethylamine.

And here are the rest of them.

Unstable Mutagen: Requested by Botany if Botany’s actually doing stuff. Also a component for Cryoxadone, Mutadone, and Strange Reagent. Easy to mix.

Recipe: 10 Chlorine, 10 Plasma, 10 Radium

Formaldehyde: A poison for Pentetic Acid.

Recipe: 10 Ethanol, 10 Oxygen, 10 Silver. Heat.

Cyanide: The other poison for Pentetic Acid.

Recipe: 10 Oil, 10 Ammonia, 10 Oxygen. Heat.

Holy Water: If you feed these to Vampires and Shadowlings cool things happen! (Someone help me with this). Also used in Strange Reagent. Security will ask for this a lot, just go ahead and provide it to them. On a side note, the substance will just say "Water". Don't worry, it's holy. I swear.

Recipe: 10 Wine, 10 Water, 10 Mercury.

Tips And Tricks

-Use buckets.  I tend to grab three from the public garden but you can also print them from cargo.

-If you place down your beakers and buckets onto a table, they're sprite will appear on the top of a stack. That way, it won't drowned in the thousands of meds that you've hopefully made.

-If you're starting out, go to your chem master and make sure that the button is set to "beaker" and not "disposals". You might accidentally waste a lot of your meds if you aren't paying attention.

-Wear the gas mask to not die from poison fumes

-

This guide assumes you have access to buckets. If you don't have any buckets, take the time to get some.

Credits

-TZO wrote up a large blurb on what to distribute to people. I wrote up my own version, but TZO still gets all tha credit. Find what they wrote on the second page.

Special thanks to all of the insane chemists that have spent at least a year working out all of this information before hand.

-Primarily Ansari, whose initial guide helped me get started learning about chemistry (Though I still stumbled quite a lot).

-The three chemistry masters: Squishika Sirius, Halogen, and Kiyaka, whom helped inspire me to keep working in this job.

-The other regular chemists that I work with: Jacob Ryals, Elizabeth Hartman, and Cid Squishings.

-Tully, whose amazing guides served as my inspiration. He also graced us with a giant mutant man eating tomato named Frank.

Editors

Pssst, hey. You. Reply if you noticed anything that's wrong here. Get your name on dis fancy list.

-PinataColada and NTSAM for clarifying the uses of the goggles, Droppers/Pipettes, and Wrapping Paper.

-ShadeyKins for spelling (Welcome to the OMNIZONE, MOTHERFUCKERS *John Cena theme music playing in the background*)

-FlattestGuitar managed to fix the Mito recipe I fucked up.

(Yes, I know it currently looks ugly as fuck right now. I'm going to go find ways to make it look nicer later. Thank you for reading.)

Edited by Ping
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone could confirm this for me, that'd be great, but.

Aren't there two types of brain damage? One that's physical and one that's ....not?

Atleast that's how I remember it was before, so you wouldn't be able to heal cloning brain damage with surgery for example.

Thanks in advance.

I believe you're thinking about Clone Damage. It's not so much brain damage as it is general cellular degeneration, and can be fixed via Cryoxadone quite easily.

While it could seem like such, I didn't mess those two up. I'm too competent of a doctor to mix those up!

I guess it's not in the code then, I recall it was on UT which I mainly played on before it went down. Oh well.

Goggles (Who cares): To protect your eyes. You spawn with them on so the goggles in the lab are sort of just… in your way.

They also tell you what's inside containers when you examine them, and how much of it too, which is neat

Droppers (Who cares): I have no idea what these are for or why you would ever use them when syringes exist.

For chemistry work I honestly can't think of a reason, but they instantly apply the reagent, unlike syringes, where you have to wait like 3 seconds to inject. It also is the only way to inject only 1u of anything, so it's useful for stuff like embalming in the morgue, or for things that require only the reagent to exist for it to have it's effect. Also only way to inject stuff into IPCs (hint, holy water on dirty cultists)

I also have an incredibly lazy way to make synth, but requires three buckets:

one bucket on the monkey IV;

another full of styptic, make at as you regularly would make it;

the third one is the one you'll be working with, 40 carbon, then add the two other buckets.

repeat(), you'll need to remake the styptic one, so keep some sulf at hand before hand

IT FEELS FAST TO ME DON'T JUDGE

Edited by Guest

You'll also be surprised how much those droppers and pipette things help with spawning reactions and other shit that isn't too greedy.

Wrapping paper I assume is a roleplayish delivery type of thing but cargo never bothers to be good and check for mail so

Added! Also made an editors list for you peeps; if you notice something wrong or something I missed PLEASE don't keep it to yourself, you fucks. Reply what it is.

The bar of plasma is in fact there from old chemistry.

Plasma used to be a catalyst for several recipes and was never actually consumed in the recipes themselves (save one), making it infinitely reusable.

Omnizine is misspelled as omnizone.

Now, I'm not a good chemist but I believe you missed out on an important tool.

You forgot the wonders of the Sleeper machines.

These babies dispense an unlimited supply of medicines, including Styptic Powder, while having a handy dandy feature called a Dialysis that takes the chemicals in the blood stream and dumps them in a beaker. Instant/reusable Medicines.

Insert a large beaker with some carbon, slap your blood monkey in there, and turn the dialysis on while spamming the styptic powder button and BLAM! instant Synthflesh.

In that way I am the laziest Synthflesh creator.

I can imagine other uses the chemist can do with sleepers and when they are upgraded.

Good guide anyways. Will be most handy if I ever go chemist again.

Now, I'm not a good chemist but I believe you missed out on an important tool.

You forgot the wonders of the Sleeper machines.

These babies dispense an unlimited supply of medicines, including Styptic Powder, while having a handy dandy feature called a Dialysis that takes the chemicals in the blood stream and dumps them in a beaker. Instant/reusable Medicines.

Insert a large beaker with some carbon, slap your blood monkey in there, and turn the dialysis on while spamming the styptic powder button and BLAM! instant Synthflesh.

In that way I am the laziest Synthflesh creator.

I can imagine other uses the chemist can do with sleepers and when they are upgraded.

Good guide anyways. Will be most handy if I ever go chemist again.

I have experienced Von's careful performance of the procedure, it doesn't work well on humans and similar. Monkeys are cool tho.

Also, I think you put carbon instead of plasma in the mitocholide recipe. I just skimmed over, so there may be more mistakes~~

Or is it because they CAN'T?!

I'm going to be adding a little bit to the guide; general chem tips and Strange Reagent, since I figure it's special enough to get it's own little recognition. I'll put dialysis in there, but I'll have to experiment with it cause I personally have never seen anyone use it YET.

Thanks to your guide I finally got back into mixing some chems.

Sure, I only make the simplest chems that do not require oil, ash, charcoal, acetone and other bullshit, but it's still something.

Synthflesh is very easy to make now, thanks to you!

Perfluoro does have a downside, though.

Many times I use salbutamol because I want to stabilize someone with a ruptured lung. And I use salbutamol in emergency chem implants, too - in that case I just can't afford the downside. Not being able to talk and call for help is a dealbreaker.

If you need perfluo it means you're with a massive oxy loss, which in turn means you're not awake. You don't need to tend to ruptured lungs with pills, they'll never go past the 25'ish oxy loss unless they coughed out all their blood. Just bring them to surgery and tell them to wait.

@Plotron

Glad that the guide helped and thanks for the input on the oxygen medication stuff. I agree that muteness is certainly something you can't disregard normally; I've actually managed to get a couple kills in by feeding my victims disguised perfluoro pills, then killing them while they're mute I am a completely upstanding citizen and have never used perfluoro for nefarious purposes. However, I still disagree about how Salbutamol is in anyway more effective from a medical standpoint, and I'll elaborate.

Firstly, from a Chemists standpoint. Salbutamol requires Salicylic Acid as a component, which in turn needs Phenol as a component. This mean that you would have to mix together Phenol, then Salicylic, and then the Salbutamol. Meanwhile, for Perfluoro, all you have to do is mix together fluorine, oil, and hydrogen. The medicine that takes one step heals 10 times the damage that the medicine that takes three steps heals. Therefore, it's much more energy efficient to create Perfluoro than Salbutamol.

Secondly, from a MD's standpoint. The ruptured lung thing for stabilizing patients does work for both meds, and though perfluoro heals up the damage 10 times faster, both pretty much have the same effect. The main downside that you've stated is that you can't call for help or talk, which are again, completely viable arguments. However, the MD's are the ones that are administering the drug for you, in the medbay, and hopefully transporting you to surgery.

Active combat is something that the doctors generally never have to worry about due to the Hypocratic Hippocratic oath, so we disregard it.

I will update the guide to make sure I'm specifying these standpoints to avoid confusion. I hope that I've managed to sufficiently convey why I don't find Salbutamol useful to me, and again, thanks for the input!

@Everyone reading this

I just added chemistry tips and Strange Reagent [spoiler2]aww shiet[/spoiler2] to the guide, so if you have any strange things that help you in your chem making, let me know! I also want to create more of these guides cause I'm insane and find them fun, so if anyone wants another guide like this, let me know again (Granted I might have to learn that job in particular, but hey, that's a win-win situation eh?)

If you need perfluo it means you're with a massive oxy loss, which in turn means you're not awake. You don't need to tend to ruptured lungs with pills, they'll never go past the 25'ish oxy loss unless they coughed out all their blood. Just bring them to surgery and tell them to wait.

You will continue taking oxyloss from lung damage beyond 10-15 points until you die.

Perfluo is a chem you give someone who's about to die from ruptured lungs (which isn't blood loss) prior to providing either mitocholide or surgery.

>80% of people will have lungs that are ruptured to this degree, as most people rupture their lungs from chest injuries or breathing through empty internals (both of which cause lung damage to fatal degrees very quickly).

Aye, I always grab a pill of Perfluo just in case I am dealing with a patient with skyrocketing resp damage cause by lung, heart, or brain damage ( pretty sure badly damaged enough brain will cause this type until death) before I perform surgery. That and Epinephrine to keep patient stabilized helps.

IMHO, here is what you should/shouldn't distribute as medchemist:

0) ACTIVE PURE CHEMICALS:

Don't distribute these at all, with the following exceptions:

ONLY give Radium to the virologist (if he asks, there is probably a virus, so consider it your top priority!) or people you'd trust to try to cure a virus. Put this in someone with a virus, and they'll take lots of toxin but probably cure the virus in that person. This will result in their death unless you also give them potassium iodine and/or throw them into cryo at a moment's notice.

ONLY give Sulphuric Acid to robotocists/scientists (even then, they should get it from scichem if they can).

ALWAYS give people iron pills if they ask - but make note of anyone who asks. Iron restores blood levels. It is useful to bleeding victims, and to you yourself if you use a syringe to extract your own blood for the purpose of making synthflesh. No more do you need to ask for monkeys! However... iron is also extremely useful to people deliberately donating blood to vampires, which happens surprisingly often. If vampires are reported, and people are asking for iron pills, that's very suspicious.

1) COMPONENTS:

Don't distribute these at all, with the following exceptions:

ONLY give Ammonia or Diethylamine to botanists, and other people growing plants.

ONLY give Sulphuric Acid to robotocists/scientists (even then, they should get it from scichem if they can - asking you is lazy).

2) CORE HEALING MEDICINES:

ALWAYS give these to anyone who asks. They save lives, and can't be used for anything bad. As chemist I usually leave a bunch of 45u saline pills in the medbay lobby - a single one heals most injuries. You can also give them to Sec, who take them before fights for much improved robustness with no downside.

3) SUPERIOR HEALING MEDICINES / UNIQUE HEALING MEDICINES:

ONLY give these to patients who need them, other medbay staff, and the medical fridge. It is very possible for incorrect use of these to be harmful. Omnizine, Morphine, Ether and Strange Reagent deserve extra caution. Omnizine heals very effectively below the OD threshold, but above that it KILLS very effectively. Morphine and Ether are often used for sedation/kidnapping. Strange reagent is capable of gibbing corpses when used incorrectly, which renders the victim much harder to revive. Be wary.

4) NARCOTICS

NEVER make these. If you use or distribute them, that's a crime under space law. If someone you give them to overdoses/suffers, that's arguably negligence on your part, a further crime. More generally, meth is often used by criminals to escape/resist security, and security will come down hard on you if you distribute it.

5) PYROTECHNICS

NEVER distribute these. They're only useful for making things explode and/or die and/or catch fire. Medbay has no use for them. Generally only traitors intent on causing chaos ask for them. The only people who should have these are scientists, and they should be making them in scichem, not asking for them from medchem.

6) FOOD RECIPIES

Despite playing chemist regularly, nobody has ever asked me for these.

6) TOXINS

NEVER distribute these. Their only purpose is killing people. All of them are dangerous, but Tabun, Formaldehyde, Neurotoxin, Cyanide and Capulettium / Capulettium Plus deserve special mention as being especially dangerous, due to their killing, silencing and stunning potential. Even a single syringe (15u) of Tabun can kill someone, and even 5u of Capulettium is enough to determine the outcome of a fight.

7) OTHER RECIPIES

In general, ONLY distribute these to someone who has a good reason to need them. "HONK!" is NEVER a good reason. Worth particular mention are:

NEVER give anyone space-lube, especially the clown/mime. This stuff is so ridiculously effective in combat, I am surprised it is not classified as a chemical weapon! I have personally seen entire nuclear strike teams taken out by medbay staff wielding this!

NEVER give anyone FluroSulphuric Acid. Its most common use is throwing on someone in order to burn their face/skin off - or destroy forensic evidence. Either way, very bad.

NEVER give anyone Condensed Capsaicin. It is pepperspray - a weapon. Sec can get their own from their brig dispenser.

NEVER even mix "EMP". It shuts off your headset, screws up equipment (including cameras and doors, yes, including your doors!) and is a right pain in the ass to deal with.

ONLY give metal foam in grenade form, and even then, only to people like engineers whose job it is to plug breaches. Expect them not to actually use it when it would help, even when they specifically asked for it.

ALWAYS offer to give the Janitor Space Cleaner. It allows them to clean without slipping anyone or having to put up signs. It is a miracle in a bottle. The only reason Janitors don't use it is that they are grumpy assholes who WANT their crewmates to be miserable.

ONLY give out thermite if the AI is malf and people have to breach its core to save the station. Thermite's primary use is in quickly destroying reinforced walls and breaking into maximum security areas faster than anyone can react. Be especially wary of mimes who ask for this - any mime asking for thermite has >50% chance of committing a capital crime in the next 5 minutes.

ONLY give Unstable Mutagen to botany. Anyone else who asks doesn't need it and is probably going to hurt someone with it.

ALWAYS give holy water to anyone who asks. You will need wine from the bar to make it, but it is very useful against antags, and super-easy to make. It only shows up as "Water", so be sure to separate it from normal water.

NEVER give Colorful Reagent to anyone. It turns SS13 into an episode of MLP. Hideous.

NEVER give "Life" to anyone. High chance of it leading to people dying.

8) OTHER ITEMS

NEVER give anyone the medbay's syringe guns. It is classified as a weapon for a reason. Chemists and the CMO are really the only people who have any business carrying it, and both of those two jobs can pick one up from storage if they want. Anyone else, probably wants it for nefarious reasons.

ONLY give out other medbay items if the situation seems to really need it. The assistant does not deserve to get that medical HUD when there are doctors who still haven't found one. If medbay is almost unstaffed, though, maybe it is time to give someone who hangs out in the bar a healing kit. You can't be everywhere. Lots of people dying of toxins, with no doctors around? Maybe time to start handing out toxins kits. Be careful, though - other people can't be trusted not to run off with vital supplies, and non-medbay staff can't even be trusted not to waste a whole toxins kit healing 5 points of toxin damage because "I gave it 5 seconds and I still felt sick!"

MISC:

CYROMIX:

It is a VERY good idea to mix cryoxadone and mannitol in a 40/60 ratio in cryotubes. It makes the cryox last long, and it ensures people in cryo have their brain damage healed as well. If hulks/etc are on the rampage, it can even be a good idea to use a 40/50/10 cryox/mannitol/mutadone mix.

SELF-DEFENSE:

In general, you shouldn't need it. You're right in the middle of the station, in a highly-visible area right next to the bar. If you're blown up, people will notice and clone you quickly. If you're attacked, people will see it. If someone is breaking in, merely radioing "; breaking into medbay chemistry!" will usually have sec on their ass in seconds - sec really hates antags with chem weapons/bombs/etc.

If, however, the situation has gone to absolute shit, its code red, cult everywhere, etc, and you're fighting for your life, there is one very simple thing you can do which will get you out of >80% of most fights: load up one of the medbay syringe guns with neurotoxin syringes. NOT the chemical neurotoxin. This is a different neurotoxin - you get this by mixing ether (which you mix) with Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster (a bar drink). Mix the two together to get "Neurotoxin". 5u of this in a syringe in a syringe gun is an instant stun, much like a taser. Great defensive weapon - just don't shoot someone with a bunch of 15u syringes of it, because that could be harmful.

EDIT: Bartender Exceptions:

I have been told by an experienced bartender, that sometimes bartenders want:

• iron (for the drinks Amasec and Beepsky Smash)

• sulphuric acid (for the drink Acid Spit and the food Diona Roast)

ether (for "Neurotoxin", different to chem neurotoxin, an extremely strong drink and stunning agent)

epinephrine (for "Suicider", a drink)

radium (for "Singulo", a drink)

blood (in a syringe, for Demons Blood, Devil's Kiss, and Red Mead, all drinks)

silver (for Patron, a drink)

Edited by Guest

Firstly, from a Chemists standpoint. Salbutamol requires Salicylic Acid as a component, which in turn needs Phenol as a component. This mean that you would have to mix together Phenol, then Salicylic, and then the Salbutamol. Meanwhile, for Perfluoro, all you have to do is mix together fluorine, oil, and hydrogen. The medicine that takes one step heals 10 times the damage that the medicine that takes three steps heals. Therefore, it's much more energy efficient to create Perfluoro than Salbutamol.

Yes, I'm sorry that I have temporarily forgotten that it's a guide for chemists, not to chemistry in general.

As I said, I do not make complex chems. I would never bother myself with making salbutamol.

I'm a frequent user of chems, however, and I spoke from the point of view of a (para)medic, Blueshield, HoS or Captain in need of first aid. Which is why I also talked about emergency chemical implants.

Salbutamol is commonly found in maintenance and O2 lockers.

IMHO, here is what you should/shouldn't distribute as medchemist:

Shoo, it's not your thread. Do not hijack threads with uber-long opinion posts.

Eh, it might contain nifty information for the OP, though of course the OP is not obligated to care. No need to police, Plotron, if the post's disruptive, it'll just get buried by future pages.

Synthflesh is my go to medicine because it heals burn and brute, is moderately easy to mass produce if you have a blood source, and its near instant effect and metabolization mean there is no OD chance.Typically leave 5-10u patches on the counter or table in lobby for self-service of minor-moderate injuries and put 25u patches in the fridge.

Saline-Glucose Solution (SGS) is... meh. I use it a lot but never as a primary healing medication, that said having 20/20u pills of iron and SGS for blood loss are a huge benefit and any blood monkey you are harvesting from via IV drip should be fed lots and lots of SGS to keep it stable, iron tablets in 20u doses to let them peeter out. Sugar also has a minor chance of turning into nutriment in the body which boosts the blood production slightly, but it's not something you should count on.

Charcoal is generally better than Salic in my opinion because it's easier to mass produce AND it doesn't bite back like SA. Just put oil in a beaker and get an igniter from tool storage to spam on the beaker to increase the temp by 5 degrees until it bubbles and becomes ash (or burn all the librarians papers and books for ash.)

Similarly, Calomel is better than Salic because it works faster, the toxin damage is a pain but I've always found that more manageable to deal with.

Bribe the clown or some assistant to take a beaker/bucket into maint tunnels to gather up space fungus for Spaceacillian production, you will want a lot of it because infections are a god damn nightmare to cure without a medborg, made worse by Spaceacillian not having a fix cure rate but rather 50/50 (or some low chance) of degrading an infection by 1 step (I.E. Acute ++ to Acute +) once every cycle if 10u or more are in the body. More Spaceacllian doesn't cure the infections faster, but just gives you more chances to lower the fever. The sheer amount you need will wipe out the vendors after just a few patients, you NEED to make this if you don't have a mediborg and someone gets an infected organ.

Ephedrine is luxury, but one I enjoy. It makes you fast, stun reduction and even help stablize crit patients. Give it paramedic, brig phsyician and security if you want to make friends, give it to a fellow antag (Cult/Sling Thrall and the like) to make them even more robust. The chem is comparable to the stimpacks miners can buy.

by Spaceacillian not having a fix cure rate but rather 50/50 (or some low chance) of degrading an infection by 1 step (I.E. Acute ++ to Acute +) once every cycle if 10u or more are in the body

Uhh, no

Infections are tracked by a variable, 0-1000, where 500+ is an acute infection, and 100+ is a mild infection. Generally, it's 100 points per "+" on the infection ranking.

Spaceacillin reduces infection by 24 points a tick while below 500 points of infection, while it reduces infection by 8 points while above 500 points of infection. No probability involved. If you have a nasty acute infection you need to get rid of, if it's on an external limb, you can cut open the limb and cauterise it to disinfect. If it's on an internal organ, you can [WARNING: VERY SILLY] extract it, and wash it in the sink, then put it back. Normally, germ levels only increase by 1 point a tick at a 1/6 chance, so it'll take 12 ticks of spaceacillin to deduct 1 level of acute infection, while only 4 to deduct a level of mild infection. Perhaps I should lower the consumption rate, so the amounts are yet more reasonable... As it stands, to stop an acute infection at its worst, you'll need 4*12 + 4*4 ticks of spaceacillin, corresponding to 64 total ticks, which translates to 25.6 total units of spaceacillin, which is the most amount of spaceacillin you'll ever need in a patient.

Your other advice is sound, though ephedrine doesn't actually heal or stabilize - it just lets the patient get up in spite of pain or other things, which can be a lifesaver.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use