counterfeit scribblings

counterfeitguise

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, all of these are great! I can see why so many people use them as their forum avatars xD you really have improved as well. Makes me want to get in on the action, except I don't think I've Been around long enough/become memorable enough yet for my character to be remembered.

Plus, Diona are weird to draw for most people xD they all kind of look alike, so its usually only their clothes and personality that sets them apart.

Man, all of these are great! I can see why so many people use them as their forum avatars xD you really have improved as well. Makes me want to get in on the action, except I don't think I've Been around long enough/become memorable enough yet for my character to be remembered.

Plus, Diona are weird to draw for most people xD they all kind of look alike, so its usually only their clothes and personality that sets them apart.

Well hey, being remembered isn't what's important! If you can grab screenshots and example pictures, I can draw just about any character. You're right, though, I've never really tried to draw a diona since...well, I'm not even sure what they're made of. I can always try if someone gives me ideas as to what they'd be similar to, though.

By the way it could be the trick of me eyes or display calibration but my eyes feels like the color of her fur is exactly the same as the post background so my mind thinks she's the cheshire cat.

That's the fun of drawing her organic form! I'm glad it turned out that way.

By "crappier" I'm just going to assume you mean the monitor frame as I can't imagine that applying to the actual content.

You can clearly tell the sort of action going on, the dilemma the character faces, and what the end results appear to be.

How deep and dark that goes depends on if she is being overwritten, slowly deleted and replaced, or someone fiddled with her config files.

All in all it's good.

Well hey, being remembered isn't what's important! If you can grab screenshots and example pictures, I can draw just about any character. You're right, though, I've never really tried to draw a diona since...well, I'm not even sure what they're made of. I can always try if someone gives me ideas as to what they'd be similar to.

Ill try and grab some pictures next round I play as Glow of Moonlight, though its basically just going to be a Diona in an engineering Jumpsuit with a hard hat, dufflebag, hazard vest, and shiny green Mesons glasses holding a flashlight. He's not particularly exciting xD

My own description of Dionae in the spoiler below, because I'm terrible at editing myself down to a suitable length

I kept re-writing this over and over, trying to cut it down, but I kept rambling on about lore and such, and in the end, I decided that I might as well just stick it in a spoiler for cleanliness of the thread and just get what I was trying to say down into a post. Who knows, maybe this can help you figure out what Dionae look like in your head, maybe not. Hopefully its an entertaining read at least.

As for what Dionae themselves look like, well, a mature Diona is quite literally a mass of nymphs that have melded their biomass and consciousness together into a larger, more complex form. The result of this fusion is something of a playdough-like person, a collection of biomass that is humanoid in form but lacking in detail.

The Dionae have bodies made of intertwining masses of tough, greenish-brown, plant-like biomatter sporadically embedded with crystalline orbs which they use to absorb light and radiation. Despite their durable and sturdy biology, however, the bodies of Dionae are actually very fluid and malleable. They have no skeletal structure, no circulatory system, and an underdeveloped, decentralized nervous system, all of which contribute to their ability to withstand brutal punishment and recover from lethal wounds.

Their 'hands are a collection highly dexterous graspers, and are often described as looking like the arms simply become unraveled at the ends. These can be shaped fairly freely to fit the job at hand, be it delicate tendrils to manipulate the tools of surgery, powerful gripping vines to swing a pickaxe, or gnarled clubs to strike an opponent with. They can also easily emulate the shape and movements of humanoid hands, allowing them to use gloves without modification. Their 'feet' are little more than a mass of anchoring ligaments that spread out from the lower legs to support the lumbering Dionae frame. Just like their 'hands', the malleability of the Diona form means that wearing shoes is no problem for them.

The face of a diona is strange, even among the menagerie of species aboard the Cyberaid. Made from the same fibrous biomatter and crystalline orbs as their body, it is almost completely devoid of features save for its 'eyes' and 'mouth'. The 'eyes' are a pair of highly developed, compact versions of the eyes of nymphs, lacking any iris or eyelids. Their mouth is little more than a gap in their face that they vocalize through when conversing with other races, as they have no respiratory system and require no physical sustenance.

As for an image reference, I've seen Groot tossed around here and there, and I think that its not a bad comparison, though less the recent movie version and more the comic book version. Here is a link to one that I think looks a lot like what a Dionae might look like, except the glowy bits would be green rather than red.

538caf3a6c767.jpg

Hopefully this wasn't too long... ^^; I get over excited about Dionae >.>

Also, damn, thats spooky o.0 You make good spooky drawings!

*snip*

for tauka usanake - this'll have to be the last one of these i do for a while, my last pen nib broke shortly after making it and i don't have any more of them

sorry

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR DRAWING BETTER THAN ME. But yeah, looks great. Not bedhead enough for Tauka and Sienna looks a little maaaale-ish? Might be the snout and front bob of her hair or I'm just blind and stupid. Also I'm pretty sure the red dress shows off more boobage than that :P

Okay so in the future everyone has to wear nonrevealing clothes to avoid getting boob aids, Tauka, thats why the dress is less showoffy

But yeah, looks great. Not bedhead enough for Tauka and Sienna looks a little maaaale-ish? Might be the snout and front bob of her hair or I'm just blind and stupid. Also I'm pretty sure the red dress shows off more boobage than that :P

dont like drawing cleavage all that much

• 4 weeks later...

god all of this is amazing.

if you drew K.A.N.G. I would love you

been looking for the perfect profile picture and I love your art in every aspect

aaaaaaaagh I hate asking this kind of stuff ;.;

god all of this is amazing.

if you drew K.A.N.G. I would love you

been looking for the perfect profile picture and I love your art in every aspect

aaaaaaaagh I hate asking this kind of stuff ;.;

Aw! Thank you! I can indeed attempt to draw KANG if you'd like! I have nibs again, so I'm ready to draw once more. Can you gimme some info to go along with? :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use