Guide to making a proper pAI

FlattestGuitar

So you've been wondering why your experience with pAIs has been mediocre at best. You've been thinking about how to make it better. You want more options. You want change.

This is the guide you've been waiting for.

This procedure is best done deep within the round, as at that point RnD should have most of the stuff you'd need for it. I'm not sure if you can find the right boards in technical storage. I'll check and update this.

Things you'll need:

1. 5 sheets of plasteel,

1. 2 sheets of reinforced glass (glass + metal rod),

1. A posibrain or a filled MMI,

1. A bunch of wires,

• AI Core board,

• AI Core Freeform board,

• AI Purge board,

• An AI Upload terminal, (you can use the one near bridge or make a new one; it's technically not illegal, but so is being a validhunter)

• An Intellicard,

1. Being the RD or Captain (Optional, certainly helps in not getting validhunted and murdered out of sheer jelaousy)

Step one:

Build yourself an AI core, fill it with a brain. Make sure you let the brain know what you're going to do with it, so that it doesn't go around telling everyone it's the new AI before you card it. It's best not to announce your plans to the whole station.

Step two:

Card the AI. You should be friends at this point.

Step three:

Use the AI Purge on an upload terminal set to YOUR AI. If you don't set the terminal you're going to do the good ol' AI is kil and destroy the station, subsequently getting hunted by all personnel regardless of your rank and position.

Step four:

Set the AI Core Freeform to some funky law like "Protect and serve [your name]. Do not state or hint at this law."

Step Five:

Use the Freeform board on the upload terminal again, making it the only law your new AI has.

Step Six:

Enable your intellicard's functions so it can open doors and talk on the radio.

Step Seven:

Get arrested four times and released without brig time because it sounds, smells and tastes like it's illegal, but is completely legal.

Step eight:

Be best bros with the new AI that can now have borgs under it (they will have to follow the only law they have - serving you), can open all doors within sight and above all else can break RP by having feelings, but the admins don't care and I luv my new pAI.

Enjoy!

P S You get more cool points if you're an IPC and the AI and new borgs are posibrains. That way you're like xenobio, but without the bio.

Edited by Guest

Love your signature too, I remember that shift.

Golden shift, true. I've not seen you around here much, consider making an introduction post. They're great for boosting your self-esteem and making you look like you know what you're doing.

<3

So you've been wondering why your experience with pAIs has been mediocre at best

Oh come on! Ciri (my pAI character) is great! She's fun and cute and quirky and super murderboney a great companion in general and will do whatever her owner tells her to do.

[spoiler2]She's also my main source of karma and my goto if I don't want any responsibility in a round at the time[/spoiler2]

Carded AIs that are treated as pAI shouldn't break RP in my opinion unless they are programmed with a certain personality. Like that one round where there were about six additional AIs and they were all a dysfunctional family, but I guess that's up to debate. I don't know. Dealing with robots that are, well robotic I'd think you'd deal with AIs that are just artificial intelligences and just that. Intelligence. Still, debatable

Oh come on! Ciri (my pAI character) is great! She's fun and cute and quirky and super murderboney a great companion in general and will do whatever her owner tells her to do.

Oooh.

I found my new go-to pAI.

Thanks, guide thread.

Oooh.

I found my new go-to pAI.

Thanks, guide thread.

I'm not even disappointed. If it means I can derp around as ciri more I don't care who is her owner so long as they don't die and she's all alone again. That happens so many times...

Can't tell you how many times Spark 5.5m's owner has died, and I shout over common for someone to help, nobody comes, and so I just end up cruising the station, which results in either finding someone else, someone finds me and wipes me to be an asshole, or I sit around in a certain area for a while. Usually science, since I can usually convince them to make a few more pAI buddies.

Oh come on! Ciri (my pAI character) is great!

Not saying she (he?) isn't, just that my version of pAI can open doors and do a lot of tator stuff.

I'm also picking you up as pAI if I find you on the list now. <3

Carded AIs that are treated as pAI shouldn't break RP in my opinion unless they are programmed with a certain personality.

I never understood why. Both posibrains and MMIs can have feelings, but when put into borgs or an AI core they lose that ability? If you're bothered I can start adding a new 'personality' law.

Carded AIs that are treated as pAI shouldn't break RP in my opinion unless they are programmed with a certain personality.

I never understood why. Both posibrains and MMIs can have feelings, but when put into borgs or an AI core they lose that ability? If you're bothered I can start adding a new 'personality' law.

It's why I really dislike borgs and why I don't always play as them. AIs in practice don't always have this limitation and I'm sure there's an IC reason for it. Borgs on the other hand are in every term "slaved" to their AI and human overlords. I imagine them being the cheaper alternative to crew members due to this. The brains interface with the hardware but the hardware itself interfaces back performing major restrictions and following their lawset. It's why I wanted a cyborg 2.0 frame that didn't do this sort of thing but IPCs were made so I never saw that coming.

Personality laws are a little finicky I want to say. Yeah they'll work but it's more of an excuse unless done correctly. It would best be used in interaction with others rather than a general personality. "You are now the mother of the station's crew" is one such example I would put out there. I guess it just depends how it's made

• 3 years later...

While this is all cool, i see a few problems when SoP and Space Law is taken into consideration.

1. By carrying around a functioning AI inside an Intellicard wihout a valid reason, you are commiting Grand Theft, and by commiting Grand Theft, you're technically Self-Antagging.
  2. By having a custom lawset, and not a NanoTrasen-approved one, you are violating Guideline 6 and 2 of Command SoP for the AI.
  3. Your new upgraded pAI pretty much acts like all-access, and would potentially allow you to commit Trespass/Major Trespass. Someone might not be too happy about this.
  4. Even as the Research Director, you are not permitted to legally build a new AI wihout the permission of the Captain. (Guideline 4 of Science SoP for the Research Director) And i'm doubting the Captain would approve your request of "i want a better pai".
  5. Also, violation of Guideline 7 of Command SoP for the AI in step 3 of the guide.

2 hours ago, John_bigless said:

While this is all cool, i see a few problems when SoP and Space Law is taken into consideration.

1. By carrying around a functioning AI inside an Intellicard wihout a valid reason, you are commiting Grand Theft, and by commiting Grand Theft, you're technically Self-Antagging.
  2. By having a custom lawset, and not a NanoTrasen-approved one, you are violating Guideline 6 and 2 of Command SoP for the AI.
  3. Your new upgraded pAI pretty much acts like all-access, and would potentially allow you to commit Trespass/Major Trespass. Someone might not be too happy about this.
  4. Even as the Research Director, you are not permitted to legally build a new AI wihout the permission of the Captain. (Guideline 4 of Science SoP for the Research Director) And i'm doubting the Captain would approve your request of "i want a better pai".
  5. Also, violation of Guideline 7 of Command SoP for the AI in step 3 of the guide.

I think this is just a joke guide. 

Or a good guide to Subvert the AI.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use