Fallout 4 has cured my SS13 addiction [tiny spoiler]

Plotron

Since I didn't want to come up with something original, I picked Cy Roberts as the name for the voiced protagonist.

"Mr Roberts" - called me Codsworth. For a second I thought... "Wait, wasn't the protagonist's family supposed to be called Roberts? If so, then why did I pick a last name in the character creation menu if it's meant to be Roberts anyway?"

I googled it up shortly after. Oh boy, he can speak over 900 names!...

The prologue felt quite special, except for [spoiler2]the slightly forced wife and baby.[/spoiler2]

According to the IG counter I'm already past the 24-hour playtime mark.

[spoiler2]New Vegas is still better[/spoiler2]

But the graphics!

funny-things-people-say-about-fallout-4.jpg

To be frank, sometimes I'm getting a slideshow playing Fallout 4 on high at 2560x1440. But the colors, the contrast, the shadows! They finally got this right. Granted, I haven't played previous games in the series - I merely spectated when my older brother played them.

No, it didn't cure your addiction. It just replaced one addiction with another. You are still addicted to SS13, but are too busy indulging your Fallout addiction to indulge your SS13 addiction. Until you find a mod that puts your SS13 into Fallout, or Fallout into SS13. Then you will indulge both addictions at the same time and will loose double the ammount of sanity per hour. Comprende?

No, it didn't cure your addiction. It just replaced one addiction with another. You are still addicted to SS13, but are too busy indulging your Fallout addiction to indulge your SS13 addiction. Until you find a mod that puts your SS13 into Fallout, or Fallout into SS13. Then you will indulge both addictions at the same time and will loose double the ammount of sanity per hour. Comprende?

What Adr is trying to say, is that switching SS13 addiction to FO4 addiction is like having to have taken meth and then deciding "If I take krokodil, my meth addiction will be overwhelmed by the krokodil addiction!".

What Adr is trying to say, is that switching SS13 addiction to FO4 addiction is like having to have taken meth and then deciding "If I take krokodil, my meth addiction will be overwhelmed by the krokodil addiction!".

I mean - if I'm not playing SS13, I am not renewing/fuelling my SS13 addiction.

I may forget about SS13 at one point, but not about Fallout 4 (as I'm playing Fallout 4 everyday).

Fallout 4, however, is a rather linear single-player game with replayability not nearly as good as SS13. It will be easier to break my FO 4 addiction. When I do this, I won't be constantly thinking about SS13 because I haven't played it in a while.

Quite often I get stuck at some point in a RPG where I just don't have enough motivation to progress.

Oh, and the thread title is not even literal, it's meant to grab attention (as in: FO4 so good it took the place of SS13!). As you have written, that's not how addictions work anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

This game shouldnt even be allowed to call itself an Rpg ,

Because well its not.

It forces you into one predefined char with preset dialogue options and

A preset storyline.

Basically youre forced to NOT ROLEPLAY.

95% of the quests ingame remind me of a worse version of MMO mass grind quests where you have to do the same thing over and over again.... In a single player game.

But heyyyy it has a completely bugged out shit UI building system ...

At this point im not even sure if its just me , or if the complete gaming industrie is only producing crap....

This game shouldnt even be allowed to call itself an Rpg ,

Because well its not.

Agreed. Even Gothic 3 with its old open world had more quests. And they were fun, too! There was less to explore, sure, but not everything has to feel like a mini-dungeon (I'm talking about you, Fallout 4!)

I play Fallout 4 as an exploration game with simple quests that are meant to give some sense of storyline progression. And the gameworld is massive!

The time counter on my latest save shows over 4 days of playtime. The world feels a bit smaller now, but I feel like there's still enough content for another 2-4 days.

This game shouldnt even be allowed to call itself an Rpg.

It forces you into one predefined char with preset dialogue options and

A preset storyline.

But heyyyy it has a completely bugged out shit UI building system ...

You're surprised by all this?

It's a Bethesda game, pretty much all of this was to be expected. Get over it m8, it's not like it's a giant shock to all of mankind.

It forces you into one predefined char with preset dialogue options and a preset storyline.

Name one non-freeware good game that has not done one of any three of these in the past decade?

If a game lacks a story, the character is 100% moldable, and it lets you pick your dialogue, then gives you basically what's a pretty open world, does it really deserve to call itself an RPG, either? To me I'd probably classify that under a sandbox game, as in a sandbox game you have control over pretty much everything in a wide open space.

Skyrim is one example that comes to my mind.

Also a Bethesda game and it did many things better.

Also to clarify , the preset dialogue options arent a problem at all , if they let you engage in different approaches like good , evil , funny , sad , with complete answers as options and not just " keywords"(ok thats moddable) , the answers in F4 seems to make no real difference.

It jus feels as flat as a puddle but as wide as an ocean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use