economy for the station.

Holyass

Add a price to all the vending stuff!

make the Bartender pay credits to the Booze Dispenser and Soda Fountain so he can have a legit reason to charge the drinker for credits, just add in a card swipe machine that he can set the price at, so he can make it any price that at or under 50 credits with a beep to let him know that he been paided.

make the docs have to pay credits in the med vender for their stuff too.

have the Security Officer pay credits for the Vending Machines that give them handcuffs.

have the ore redemption machine take credits for anyone to use, so any can buy limited stuff from it like metal and glass, unless they are the Scientist, RD, Roboticist or Engineer and Mechanic that can buy all the other stuff from it.

and have a mini vender for the cigars that shit will be sold out.

another thread like this one viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6110

I don't know if I agree with this or not, especially with the Medical Doctors' vendors.

I mean, there has never been a Medical Doctor that's even asked for a tip; I'd much rather they not get the very shitty roll of like 300 credits and waste it all by just doing their job.

And cigars already cost money, don't they?

Yes and no, coins.

Edited by Guest

Ah, wait, you use coins, not credits.

o~o

And you can, as I've corrected myself, you use coins on a cigarette machine and you'll unlock it.

Everytime I've asked for money for somethig I got told to fuck off, everything is for free. Even got an IED thrown at my face.

Economy is something that would need to revamp every single thing on station, so it's kind of a hard task to get into.

I'm almost certain that economy stuff has been ATTEMPTED in the past, and it ended badly. Not entirely sure why, it probably wasn't implemented very well. But yeah, as Earth said, it'd take a LOT of work to try to get it working since it would so intrinsically link into every little aspect of the station, and there's probably a lot of, as the coders would call it, 'snowflake code' that would be involved.

What about expanding unlockables from vending machines based on coin type? This may simply be another suggestion entirely but in the vein of greater commerce, perhaps make certain current items (or certain new items) unlockable only by certain coin type. Tha would dramatically increase departmental dependence on mining, with everyone - medbay, the barkeep, the chef, security (optional here, make some gear free but certain items like seclites and real handcuffs require certain levels of coinage), engineering (youtools take coins), to just common civs require coinmaking and materials from mining... as if cargo needs more fighting for their resources. And, maybe get the special coins that miners can find unlock really great stuff in each vending machine.

If that were to happen, make the coin on a wire a little less OP.

What about expanding unlockables from vending machines based on coin type? This may simply be another suggestion entirely but in the vein of greater commerce, perhaps make certain current items (or certain new items) unlockable only by certain coin type. Tha would dramatically increase departmental dependence on mining, with everyone - medbay, the barkeep, the chef, security (optional here, make some gear free but certain items like seclites and real handcuffs require certain levels of coinage), engineering (youtools take coins), to just common civs require coinmaking and materials from mining... as if cargo needs more fighting for their resources. And, maybe get the special coins that miners can find unlock really great stuff in each vending machine.

If that were to happen, make the coin on a wire a little less OP.

well if we put more use for coins then mining is just going to keep them all and use them for themselfs and not really share, you know how you and other player can be if they think they can get the edge on other player... :3

Or add a medical vending machine with low med tier stuff bandages etc and can be vended for a priece like

Bruise pack (20)

Bandage (30)

Ointment (20)

Emergency autoinjector (10)

Splints (15)

Like add it in aux tool storage and dorms

And if you put a coin in it it vends higher tier versions of it

Like in the trauma kits

Well... we're all NT employees on the station... meaning we don't have to pay for stuff because WE"RE employees. maybe the civs on the station but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you end the round with X amount of credits or Y. We just need to add more 'cool'/'fun' items to put in vendors to promote capitalism like shampoos, outfits (that costs credits), a come for your mustache,a variety chocolate, 'booze in a can', ducks for your duck collection, computers with mini games and more

Well... we're all NT employees on the station... meaning we don't have to pay for stuff because WE"RE employees.

This just makes everything more complicated. If that's the case then no one needs to use money on the station because it's expected by order that work be done. We'd need an external use for money unless all vending machines are from another company other than NanoTrasen. That Cargo Revamp topic is probably the best way to go right now.

I think some new vending machines would be nice, maybe even add some things to the vendor in cargo. As far as an actual economy, I don't see players wanting to have to exchange money between each other, especially things that are currently free, like the booze-o-mat. One idea I had though, was that using credit chips on IDs added that amount to your account. Credit chips are pretty useless atm, as they're hardly used, and can't be stacked.

make the Bartender pay credits to the Booze Dispenser and Soda Fountain so he can have a legit reason to charge the drinker for credits, just add in a card swipe machine that he can set the price at, so he can make it any price that at or under 50 credits with a beep to let him know that he been paided.

Or maybe the Bartender doesn't have to pay for that because why? Why would you have to pay to access things you need to work with it's like you're just paying you're self which would be some kind of endless cycle (because I know I like to just make random drinks when I'm the bartender and just have them out on the counter) However I can understand maybe going for more of the lines of everyone else has to pay to use the machines, because when the bartender leaves for a bit there's always people jumping over the counter wanting drinks, so why not get them to pay using it.

If it's your job to have access to certain things you shouldn't have to pay for it, it doesn't really make sense, but if you're just a random person wanting something different than you're own area make them drop the cash for it, because why not.

While new features (and more things to use money on) can be nice and all, I think restricting the Medical supplies would be inconvenient most of the time, especially when someone needs medical attention/supplies urgently.

I also think that it would sound silly for doctors to go around looking/asking for cash when they inevitably run out. Same with the Security machines, but that's less of an immediate problem.

Though like Improvedname suggested, a different type of medical vending machine that offers supplies specially for the public for a price could come in useful. I do agree with allowing people to pay for cigars, but it might be best to bundle it up with the cigarette machines instead of creating a separate type of vending machine for the cigars.

While new features (and more things to use money on) can be nice and all, I think restricting the Medical supplies would be inconvenient most of the time, especially when someone needs medical attention/supplies urgently.

I also think that it would sound silly for doctors to go around looking/asking for cash when they inevitably run out. Same with the Security machines, but that's less of an immediate problem.

Though like Improvedname suggested, a different type of medical vending machine that offers supplies specially for the public for a price could come in useful. I do agree with allowing people to pay for cigars, but it might be best to bundle it up with the cigarette machines instead of creating a separate type of vending machine for the cigars.

mmm ok then lets remove price for the docs on the medical supplies and have a vender in the lobby for anyone to buy from.

then the cigarette machine need to be rename to cigarette & cigars vending machine

mmm ok then lets remove price for the docs on the medical supplies and have a vender in the lobby for anyone to buy from.

If people can just buy medical equipment from the medical bay's lobby, what is the point of having medical doctors for other than performing surgery? Oh, and about that, we only have two operating rooms and the Medical Doctor limit is five I believe.

If people can just buy medical equipment from the medical bay's lobby, what is the point of having medical doctors for other than performing surgery? Oh, and about that, we only have two operating rooms and the Medical Doctor limit is five I believe.

It will be very limited stuff in there that cover the 1st aid side of stuff, and that it, Have a small blurt damage, it will heal that just fine but a lot then no.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use