Machosketch

Machofish

Feeling pretty shitty for overlooking this thread for so long.

I absolutely love your gritty, grungy style. Your take on what the universe looks like is wicked, and I'm super excited to see more.

Your security and syndicate look bloody amazing

Great to see Unathi getting drawn with more reptilian features!

fhHorIB.jpg

Having played HoS in the past (never again) and seeing the state of Security many rounds when I play pilot or Rep, it's sad just how accurate that picture is. And therefore, it's actually pretty damn funny.

• 1 month later...

So, good news and bad news: Bad news is that a windstorm caused a mass-blackout in my area. Good news is that I used that time to do more sketches rather than do something useful.

QVvgcto.png

This looks maddeningly familiar - can't remember where from.

3K0QRB3.png

I was a little weary of Tristen when he first joined, but I think it's high time he got some fanart. As you may notice, I tried signaturing my own work - that starts and ends here. I figure if anyone genuinely wants this stuff, they can have it.

j8e3jXa.png

A variation on a familiar theme. I personally enjoy the challenge of drawing faces: relying directly on facial characteristics to differentiate the two characters, in spite of having a near-identical expression, clothing, sketch setup etc. was an interesting exercise.

Uvh64q1.png

I initially wasn't planning to add this one in - I usually don't trust my own sense of humor. Eh, might as well.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Great work as always. I don't usually comment on these threads, but I really like your style and grittier take on the ss13 aesthetic. You captured Tristen as a character well with the nuances, especially given how the expression is neutral in general.

Uvh64q1.png

I initially wasn't planning to add this one in - I usually don't trust my own sense of humor. Eh, might as well.

Is that from when I found that emagged fax machine in the incinerator, brought it to the library, and that officer started faxing butts to the syndicate? Or is this just general syndi-buttfax picture?

• 2 months later...

su5YzTI.png

Wizard holoparasites. Done entirely from memory, so some details might be slightly off.

9DaTN1I.png

Jayson Hawke, formerly @DaveTheHeadcrab's CentComm Officer personality.

L7EvrI5.png

In retrospect, formatting a sentence in Yoda-speak just makes it sound clumsy and indecipherable instead of mysterious and profound.

Inspired by Tully's "Subject Umbra" story here. Brightness and contrast levels were heavily altered in photoshop to make everything look grim and edgy.

Fx30YRw.png

NT Rep walking around shirtless.

Edited by Machofish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

More art.

J7SUxq3.jpg

"Oh, I don't think your healthcare plan covers this."

Speaking of changelings in medbay...

2jlj3cN.jpg?1

I'm not even going to say it. Nope. Nadda. No. Someone else say it.
To ruin a joke by explaining it, there was a running gag where people would scream that Halogen (pictured above) was absorbing them, which at the time would be impossible since Plasmamen used to be excluded from Changeling selection.

Also I'm going to mention that having an optional "overskirt" for plasmaman suits is a hilarious idea, and I approve of it.

vgizqtc.jpg

There was round where a vampire in xenobiology raised an army of golems, sending swarms of 3-4 of them after key members of the station. During a brawl in medbay where the golems were trying to take out the HoS, the paramedic came screeching in on the ambulance tram, drunkenly swerving through the mass of golems and roadkilling any who were unlucky enough to get stunned. It was one of the more creative methods of doing combat that I've seen.

KXSrrsG.jpg

From pretty recently. Another vamp round - the CE's death alarm went off on the engineering outpost, and a swarm of four officers - one of which was Sergey - went to investigate. I figured, "The engineering outpost is a fairly confined space - not many hiding spots, either. Plus it's four officers going after one guy - this shouldn't take very long."

Cue me anxiously waiting for a full fifteen minutes while what I can only assume must have been an epic rumble goes down on the engineering outpost, leaving the brig physician dead, two officers heavily maimed, and Sergey telling me that Luigi the vampire somehow escaped in spite of having a few bones broken.

As for the image itself, I tried exaggerating the bodily proportions between Sergey on the left and Luigi on the right to give an illusion of depth, but I think I overdid it a bit.

XxcAAbS.jpg

There's been a bit of kerfuffle about the 'Resomi' species that was added to Baystation a little while ago.

In case this image doesn't make my opinion clear, I do not believe the Resomi will be a good fit for the server.

Edited by Machofish
  • Like 1

Great stuff as always! I can imagine the Vox in that last picture now, "Yaya, is only room on station for one birbs people. Into disposing with you now, skrek. Is will fetching Poly to keeping you company, kikiki!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use