Shadeyboo's wiki edits.

Shadeykins

Added "Racial Differences" segment to the wiki in the "Guide to Medicine" including sections on the do's and don'ts with Vox, IPC's, Plasmids, Grey and Slimes.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Medicine

Should hopefully cut back on some silly medical behaviour.

More edits to come, and please provide feedback and let me know if I've glossed over something/missed it.

I might also take a look at going through some of the other medical guides and making them more concise, as well as making a proper R&D guide that includes what tech levels specific items provide (That'll have to wait until I get a few days off though).

Eventually intending to learn more of the in's and outs of the singularity engine and provide a proper, comprehensive guide on that too along with doing some edits on "Wiring The Solars" given the new computer UI's and some common mistakes I've seen when wiring them. I encourage anyone else to go ahead and edit the Singulo guide though, don't wait on me. ♥

Looks pretty good. I was working on an RnD guide but got fed up when my hdd got corrupted and I lost my table. Singulo guides have been made a lot, its not difficult to run but takes some ggetting used to the mechanics as well as understanding that both engines make power through radiation and thus are lethal to stand near where you can see.

As for medical guides, redoing diangosis and treatment might help, I'm astonished how many doctors don't understand how blood and blood types work. If a person is low on blood, just give them iron, saline glucose and food, all three restore blood at a small rate, iron being the effective.

What the wiki needs for medical is an order of operations for quickly diagnosis and healing crew based on their injuries, conditions and tools you have availble, obviously trying to clone or defib people when cryo is blown to bits is a waste of time, but doctors still try

Can do, honestly I find the surgery guide is clunky and hard to navigate despite having everything you need on there. I might try and see if I can edit that and make more sense of it.

Possibly steal the layout the "diagnosis" board uses and separate it into sections for major/minor surgeries? Or at least put all the taterish type surgeries (Xeno removal, shadowling removal) things into their own section.

I main medical, so reworking these sections should be an easy task.

Personally also tempted to edit the chemistry guide a bit and give it a quick-ref sheet for common use formula, like the old guide had. You'd be surprised how long it takes most chemists to make acetone, despite the formula for 15 acetone being 5 carbon, 5 hydrogen, 5 oxygen, 10 welding fuel.

Personally also tempted to edit the chemistry guide a bit and give it a quick-ref sheet for common use formula, like the old guide had. You'd be surprised how long it takes most chemists to make acetone, despite the formula for 15 acetone being 5 carbon, 5 hydrogen, 5 oxygen, 10 welding fuel.

Get bucket.

Add 20u of Welding Fuel.

Add 10 Carbon, 10 Hydrogen, 10 Oxygen.

Remove the 20 Oil (bottle it or disposal it)

Add 10 Plasma, Chlorine Radium

Add 10 Nitrogen, Plasma and Water

Add 30 Plasma

You now have 120u of Cryoxadone. Have fun with it. Put it in a cryotube. Or remove 5u and put it in a sleeper, then add a monkey to the sleeper and start dialysis to make Synthmeat (as science, making a sleeper in the kitchen and doing this will make the Chef your best friend) Or just straight up mix it with Synthflesh and plasma to make Mitocholide and put the Surgeons out of a job.

• 2 weeks later...

Would recommend a section on how to deal with dead patients.

For me, it's always been:

1. Immediately grab defibs and try to revive them

2. If unsuccessful, determine if that's because they decayed too much, or they've taken too much damage

3. Fix them up and defib them again

4. Finally, take them to the cloner (unless vox)

Should also mention using the morgue to check if the corpse has a soul in it.

Also, not necessarily for the wiki: Strange reagent can be used to revive vox, but it turns them into pseudo-zombies. Too much damage seems to incapacitate but never fully kill them.

And maybe throw in some info about stasis bags - I usually use them while patrolling around as an EMT because critical patients can be stuffed into the things without spending 10 seconds attempting (successful or not) to stabilize them in a dangerous environment. And the bags can be locked with an ID. A lot of people forget that. And, worst comes to worst, if you don't know how to fix someone, stuffing them into a stasis bag is usually foolproof.

I didn't even know that!

But yeah, slowly chipping away at this.

If someone is able to grab me a bunch of the medical icons, IE: icons for a sleeper, surgery tools, etc... That'd be fantastic.

Planning to include a section on bloodtyping and dialysis as well, since most people don't know Dialysis is a thing and plenty of people have no clue what bloodtypes you can mix (And instead rely heavily on the O- bags).

• 2 weeks later...

Guide is more or less done. Ported a few things in from the previous guide, left the garbage

Added a redirect to "Guide to Medicine" leading to "Guide to Medical"

Also updated the guides page to directly link it.

Please give feedback!

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to redoing the cloning guide.

Subject to further editing, of course.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Cadavers

It is now appropriately included with the Guide to Cadavers (regarding dead bodies) as genetics is, and never has been responsible for cloning in practice (despite what we would all like to believe). The section therefore logically belongs in a medical guide, not a science one.

Medical guide now links to Guide to Cadavers for cloning procedures rather than Guide to Genetics.

Changed Guide to Cadavers icon on the main Guides page to better reflect that it includes cloning.

Also reformatted and changed the guide to Cadavers as well, as it had many strong references to CMD that made it seem like CMD was a rule. CMD reference still exists but is now properly credited to being an optional.

Removed "Dead" section from the Cadavers page, as it had nothing to do with medical procedures or autopsies, and simply covered existing rules.

Parsed the cadavers guide itself and changed formatting, as well as some incoherent/incorrect information. All present information should now be up to date with current server implementations regarding autopsies.

Oh, and I uploaded some icons, and formatted others down to 32x32 to fit with the wiki's schema.

I will be eventually editing the cryogenics guide now present on the medical page to fit with the page's formatting, as well as giving it 32x32 sprite versions.

Oh, I also added the top-secret "Shadeyboo" page, which is just where I do construction on pages more or less.

Ah, thanks! My form of writing is kind of stilted, I think, it looks like you did a good job of integrating the morgue lights bit! And the bad icons in the guide to cryo is my fault; I couldn't find a better-sized sprite for it. Fantastic!

Ah, thanks! My form of writing is kind of stilted, I think, it looks like you did a good job of integrating the morgue lights bit! And the bad icons in the guide to cryo is my fault; I couldn't find a better-sized sprite for it. Fantastic!

Oh yeah, no worries. Those are all the old ones we had, I've actually been digging through the master file for icons, and been redoing a lot of them.

I think I've uploaded/changed about 40 icons at this point.

By no means is it bad, it just doesn't follow the formatting of the rest of the page up until that point.

I'll probably change little of it's content, and more change the flow/structure of the section itself.

• 3 weeks later...

* Revised and appended FlattestGuitar's Vulpkanin lore writeup (presently pending approval). Work in progress.

* Appended Nanotrasen, Syndicate, and Competing Corporations pages to cross-link each other for ease of access.

* Proofread security items page and made some minor grammatical changes, typo fixes, and formatting changes. Work in progress.

* Edited Civilian job guide, removed redundancies/references to removed content, added flavour, linked some helpful guides on the page.

* Moved "Race Mechanics" section on IPC page to the top for parity with other racial pages.

* Made some serious edits to the vampire page, as much of it was outdated, poorly formatted, and had some interesting language/poor strategies on how to actually be successful as this antagonist.

* Fixed the Guide to Food and Drinks listings for different food related recipes. Unified formatting and capitalization, changed inconsistent unit measurements, made unit measurements obvious, removed duplicates in microwave section.

Didn't touch the Candy Maker section, I have no idea what the hell the numbers refer to (measurements of 5? Exact measurements??), but I can never get it to work. RIP. Someone who knows how the hell to make candy can edit that section.

Hopefully new chefs can spend less time scratching their head and wondering what the hell the actual measurements are.

Wow, great job on updating these, especially medical. Now I hope other doctors will note the changes.

Also, had no idea the stasis bag can be ID locked. Though, can you add that they are one-time use? They become useless once a body has been put inside and opened (much to my constant annoyances)

* Established index of pages that require work.

* Updated Guide to Cadavers for new changes to NO_SCAN.

* Updated main guides page, resized icons (all 32x32 now), changed some icons, and fixed some formatting consistency/capitalization issues.

* Reformatted Security Items page, added sectioning, changed some descriptions, removed 50px formatting, uploaded new icons.

* Uploaded new icons for main guides page, so there isn't a bunch of guides that all use the paper icon now.

*Updated armour section, and went back and rehashed some of the weapon descriptions (namely the telescopic baton) in the Security Items page.

* Established Departmental SOP subsection on main SOP page.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Sta ... mental_SOP

* Established and formatted SOP page for Security

(All credit for the SOP goes to Necaldun)

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Sta ... ecurity%29

* Established and formatted SOP page for Science

(All credit for the SOP goes to Tully)

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Sta ... Science%29

* Removed SoP from job pages, and linked directly to the pertinent above listed sections to reduce page bloat, and keep SoP centralized and not everywhere.

* Made changes to job pages in regards to icon sizing, so all job pages has consistent 64x64px icon sizes, rather than some having 32x32.

* Added in-world descriptions to all items on the http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Food_and_Drinks

* Finally got around to fixing the Candy Maker section and formatting it to match the other sections.

* Condensed reagent listings for Candy Maker.

* Removed redundant repeat listings under grill section for sushi.

* Fixed my derp with the Wizard icon, resized back to 64px and page formatted to 32px on Guides page.

* Changed some more guide icons, for diversity. Should require no further edits.

* Changed Guide to Hacking icons to resize down to 32x32px.

* Removed redundant entries from Game Modes page such as sandbox, random, monkey, and rev. Gave Nations an icon.

* Reformatted Game Modes guide to include dividers (hats) for readability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use