Report missing / outdated wiki pages

Stephanov

I've not seen any antag xenobiologists trying to get shadow powers...

I've always thought people could use common sense there. "You're not gonna get an antag pass for doing your work, get back to slimes" was what I thought the message was.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic or like I'm being a jerk, but you misunderstand my meaning.

I'm not talking about self-antaging in any way shape or form.

What I meant was if a Xenobiologist who starts as an antagonist decided they wanted to try to get shadowling powers (imagine a Syndi with the ability to thrall people - it'd be very nearly like having infinite mindslave implants) they might think to try using the mutagenic toxin from a green slime extract. I know it's a fairly specific scenario to worry about, but I don't want an antagonist to mistakenly screw themselves 30 minutes into a round because the wiki is unclear about the exact effects of toxin.

I promise I'm not trying to be argumentative simply for the sake of an argument. I enjoy working on wikis and want them to be as high quality as possible. That includes clarifying potential confusion in an article before it can have a negative impact in-game.

For many players I believe that it's necessary to note the difference between a "shadow person" and a "shadowling". If there's a wiki entry for both of those creature types we could potentially link to them within the Xenobio wiki. Hell, if we just link the term "shadow person" we could leave my edit out entirely so long as the page for "shadow person" is clear about them not being the same as a shadowling. At that point it's up to the individual viewing the wiki to click the link to the "shadow person" entry and read up on it so they know it's a terrible fucking idea to become one.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally, anything having to do with SOP is due for a complete overhaul/revamp. Neca and me were working on it before he [REDACTED], hence the SOP Guidelines for Security. When Neca comes back, most, if not all, of SOP is getting changed, so hold off on it for now.

Also everyone on the Staff calls us nerds for enjoying lawyering SOP. We'll show them, won't we Pennywise...

The guide to botany seems to be either too vague or outright incorrect about mutating plants. I poured 90 units of unstable mutagen on some ambrosia vulgaris and got no mutations. I don't know if this was because I had already hit it with a somatoray a bunch or not but even then I wasn't expecting to get no changes at all!

Also it would be nice to have a table of each plant and the base stats for that plant (unless it varies from round to round for some reason).

That way people who aren't familiar with some of the more obscure plants can look them up and see how they stack up compared to other plants. I feel like that would be especially helpful for those that start modifying plants at the start of the round. Just look up the plants with the highest yield, lowest production time, and which are reharvestable and splice those genes into each plant you need to grow.

I'd be glad to help pull the stats for each plant, either in-game or directly from the code, to help build the table. It would also be nice to have a column of the table entitled "Uses" which links to the food list or chemical list specifying just what you get from the plant by processing or grinding it.

How much of the mutagen did you apply per dose? If it was less than 11, there DOES exist the possibility that all of the rolls failed, though for 18 doses of 5u each that likelihood would be 1.8%, which is rather low.

Plants, however, DO keep the same stats from shift-to-shift. I've already catalogued this in the Guide to Plants, which, besides the table of plant data, seems to cover much the same contents as the guide to botany. Perhaps, the not-plant-list bits should be yanked out.

I don't exactly know who has the power to delete useless pages but this needs to be removed before people get more confused. I know its slated for removal but it should be done in a fashionable time to avoid confusion.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... ydroponics <---- Delete this one

Please note that the H is capital in hydroponics.

The proper guide to hydroponics has a lowercase h in it.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... ydroponics <---- Keep this one.

Capitalization matters a ton.

I don't exactly know who has the power to delete useless pages but this needs to be removed before people get more confused. I know its slated for removal but it should be done in a fashionable time to avoid confusion.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... ydroponics <---- Delete this one

Please note that the H is capital in hydroponics.

The proper guide to hydroponics has a lowercase h in it.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... ydroponics <---- Keep this one.

Capitalization matters a ton.

I'm the one who did that. I would prefer to keep the capital H title but it was easier to move everything the other way. Both pages really shouldn't exist either way

Most of the racial pages are out of date or just plain wrong.

Cyborg page could use a pass as well (miner borg still states it has a jackhammer, it uses a drill now, probably a few other things on the page I'm not aware of)

Following the Guide to Telescience results in you running into the Experimentor without a clue how to proceed.

The guide should probably mention that telescience needs to be researched and build in the first place.

Also: The original room has a radiation suit so bugging engineering shouldn't be necessary. The Air Alarm is also installed, should a scientist decide to replace/move/ignore the Experimentor.

EDIT:

The whole page is a clusterfuck of contradicting/wrong formulas and parameters.

I'm currently digging, calculating and testing but here's what I found so far:

Under "Let's zap something" is the vertical axis declared as X. Later in the examples section the vertical axis suddenly becomes Y.

There is also this formula for the maximal distance by power level: Dmax = SQRT((P - power offset) × 10). This formula contradicts in the examples further below of the guide. Actually, since Dmax is the inverse of Pmin it should be (P-Poffset)^2 ÷ 10

I'm now looking through the source code of telescience and provide additional details after I unraveled the whole thing.

• 2 months later...

Most of the racial pages are out of date or just plain wrong.

Definitely, the racial pages need to be redone to say the least, and I know the Dionae page is very much in need of some love. They might not get played a lot, but having a severely outdated wiki page for them will only make it less likely that people will play them.

Also, on the Dionae front, the Dionae lack an entry in the Guide to Medicine, which should probably be fixed since I honestly have NO idea how you are supposed to treat one at the moment. I know they regenerate brute and suffocation damage in light, but someone probably should state if that includes things like broken bones or ruptured organs. Hell, the fact that they have no blood and no pulse is worth an entry in and of itself.

• 5 months later...

Page in question (optional): Guide to Food and Drinks

Role(s) involved (optional): Chef

Brief description of unclear/missing info: Bacon cooked at the grill with 1 raw bacon strip and raw cutlets slice-able into raw bacon with a knife needs to be added.

• 1 month later...

Botany: Literally nothing to explain how bees work, how to get more of them or how to mutate them and generally the benefits and responsibilities of raising bees.

Bartender: The still.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've  noticed the Guardian page could use some distinctions between the wizard and syndicate ones. for instance the syndicate "Chaos" Guardian has no explanation or information in regards to what its convert ability does, how long it takes and so on. 

• necaladun unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Quick revival here.

The page on cultists is in need of a few minor updates, namely the cult runes. For example the rune of dimensional rending is now excluding other eldritch deities, it fails to include the rune for summoning the slaughter demons, some of the names are just outdated, the rune for conversion and the rune for talisman making are both called the rite of binding.

• Thanks 1

Right, since I'm bored and scouring the wiki.

The changeling page is in desperate need of some love. In addition to being somewhat vague in some instances, it's missing new powers, has older and outdated powers and fails to mention some new tidbits about changelings.

It doesn't mention that changelings now slowly regenerate their chemicals while dead, so that would be important to mention with regards to regenerative stasis, nor does it actually mention anywhere that decapitation will permanently kill a changeling, which is somewhat important as one of the three primary ways to terminate changelings.

There is a listed power as Epinephrine Overdose, which removes all stuns and is poisonous and whatever, and there is Adrenaline sacs, which removes all stuns and is poisonous or whatever. Same power, someone messed up.

It doesn't mention the tentacle power that was added(I think it was added. Did that PR ever get through? I forget.) and it still has the engorged chemical power, despite that now being a default ability for all changelings now.

In the paragraph for regeneration it says it costs ten chemicals to go into it and to leave, but in the listing of powers it correctly says 15 chemicals each time.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

Still bored. Revenant page, one of the rarer antagonists is also outdated.

Probably the most notable thing is we don't have that whole three strikes you're out system, and I've heard players mention that and complain about it recently so it's not something that's gone unnoticed either.

Essence costs are inaccurate, as well as the amount gained from draining corpses/the unwitting. 

Suppose that's it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use