Report missing / outdated wiki pages

Stephanov

Hello everyone.

Due to regular players not really needing the wiki as often, outdated pages can go unnoticed. As a result someone that does have lacking knowledge can get extremely frustrated because they A. Don't know what to do. and B. The wiki page isn't answering their questions.

So, please post here when you know of a page and/or information that is outdated/missing. People that frequently edit the wiki can then do a little research and update said outdated/missing pages.

========================================

Format:

Page in question (optional):

Role(s) involved (optional:

Brief description of unclear/missing info:

========================================

• Like 1

Page in question (optional): Guide to Toxins

Role(s) involved (optional: Scientist (working in the toxins lab)

Brief description of unclear/missing info: Just generally confusing information and doesn't tell you how to do very crucial things. Like how to make a burn mix, and to not open up the canisters after you wrenched them on, etc. You'll just need to check it out. http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Toxins

Page in question (optional): Guide to genetics

Role(s) involved (optional): geneticists and whatever mad CMO/RD decides to hang out in there.

Brief description of unclear/missing info: the UI info is a bit lacking, it only says mostly inaccurate stuff, it only displays 13 UI blocks but theres actually around 16 of them.

a small example is that the wiki says you can change beard color by altering the blocks 8-10 but all that does is change fur/skin color for non humans.

its the most trivial thing in genetics but who is going to ruin fix your hair color?

Page in question (optional): http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... ydroponics

Role(s) involved (optional: Botany

Brief description of unclear/missing info: It seems that Botany was never updated to reflect Goonchem. So there is lots of references to the old chemicals. I'm not sure if they all produce the chemicals for example:

Ambrosia Deus is listed as being able to produce:

1 Plant matter, 1 Bicaridine, 1 Synaptizine, 1 Hyperzine, 1 Space drugs

But in reality it's:

1 Plant matter, 1 Meth, 1 THC, 1 Synapize, 1 Styphic Powder.

I think pretty much any wiki page that had some relation to goonchem is out of date save for Chemistry itself.

Food and Drink still lists Warm Donk Pockets as having Tricord, when they have Omnizine, I'm sure there is at least one or two outdated recipies still on the list, it was only recently that Neurotoxin was correctly stated to require Ether instead of Morphine. Also most of the special effects and values of the food were all removed, by whom or why I don't know but it strikes me as a sekrit elitism thing again.

• 2 weeks later...

I intend to update the Guide to Genetics page sometime within the next few weeks. Something to note before I update, Eat does not let you eat people anymore. No, not even if you have the Fat mutation and Hulk mutation. No you can't bite off people's heads. And sadly no, you cannot eat people's backpacks off their backs.

• 3 weeks later...

I search into the surgery, guide to ghetto surgery, guide to robotics and Machine people.

I didn't see how to extract a Pisotronic brain on a IPC.

I search into the surgery, guide to ghetto surgery, guide to robotics and Machine people.

I didn't see how to extract a Pisotronic brain on a IPC.

Used to be the exact same way as regular brain extraction surgery.

I'm not sure if that's changed.

Yeah, i open the chest correctly but when i used the retractor (hand don't work) there just nothing into the chest. I tried with all item after, none of them work.

We were two to search in the wiki (me and my patient) and we didn't find it.

For brain removal you need to use a scalpel, and hemostat.

I'm talking about Positronic brains. Not organic brain.

When all else fails go ghetto. Apply fire extinguisher until brain pops out.

Uh ? Euh.... Ok, i'll try this next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have access to edit the Wiki but the other day I confirmed in Xenobio that injecting bluespace slimes with blood always results in a bluespace crystal appearing out of nowhere.

I can't say for sure it happens 100% of the time but it definitely happened at least 18 times in a row for me. I did not inject them with plasma, however, so I couldn't tell you what result that has, but next time I'm assigned to Xenobio or Science I'll give it a shot.

I'd also be willing to try various chemicals and I'll post here with updates whenever I figure out something new.

• 4 weeks later...

So thanks to a shadowling round where I got thralled I was able to test the effects of the green slime extract mutagen on myself. It turns out YOU DO NOT BECOME A FULL SHADOWLING when you use it. You merely become a "shadow person" who has no extra abilities but is vulnerable to light while healing rapidly in the dark. It is beyond useless. I was attempting to log into the Wiki to add that as a note to the Xenobio guide but I was having difficulty even finding a functioning login page.

Would someone with access be willing to add something to that page in the section where it lists all the slimes and the effects of their extracts? I just want to make it very clear for future Xenobiologists that they cannot expect to become a powerful shadowling with the mutagen.

EDIT - Also in regards to my previous post just above this one, I have still seen a 100% success rate in getting bluespace crystals from bluespace slime extracts which have been injected with blood.

EDIT 2 - Alright, I was able to log in so I added the above note to the Xenobio guide as well as posted a summary of the change in the discussion section. It looks like someone has already edited the bluespace slime entry to confirm that it functions as intended. I like how it says, "Aren't these like rare?" That's true but unless you're super lucky with the slimes it takes a while to get them. By that point most research will be maxed out or if the miners are doing their jobs right they'll have brought back several bluespace crystals of their own already. I do not think it would be amiss, however, to lower the chances of getting a bluespace gem from a bluespace slime to something like 10%. That would likely put it on par with the number of crystals brought in by mining.

I thought the wiki already said becoming a Shadow Person is an ultimately stupid idea, they're buggy as fuck...

And it never said you become a SHADOWLING, it said a SHADOW PERSON.

The only thing it really said about being a shadow person was "this will most likely kill you".

As a new-ish player I didn't realize there was a difference between "shadowling" and "shadow person." A few rounds prior to my testing it I even had a conversation with a Mod via ahelp regarding the green and black slime extracts and their use and effect on players and it seemed to me (though I could be wrong!) as if he, too, thought the green slime mutagenic toxin turned people into shadowlings.

I just felt it was appropriate to make the distinction VERY clear in the guide so that, for instance, an antagonist Xenobio looking to gain some shadowling powers doesn't instead screw themselves over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use