Put mechweapons in lockboxes.

Spacemanspark

Mechs? you mean those bulky yellow things robotics makes for mining?

Now... The only time robotics makes mechs with lethal weaponry and grav catapults is at round end. (for obvious reasons)

So I don't see a point lockboxing robotics lethal shit just because R&D wants equality.

Mechs? you mean those bulky yellow things robotics makes for mining?

Now... The only time robotics makes mechs with lethal weaponry and grav catapults is at round end. (for obvious reasons)

So I don't see a point lockboxing robotics lethal shit just because R&D wants equality.

Ah... no, it's not the only time. I know I used to deal with it quite often when I played security. And when security wants them to get out (for obvious reasons), they immediately resort to attacking security with it.

The fact that this has not been implemented is very confusing to me. At this point i can't even remember when have last seen a combat mech built in robotics to end up as a tool for security.

The only instance one is built, is if the robtocist is building it for him or herself or a friend. At best the combat mechs are useless and at worst they are used to grief, or borderline grief where you are just annoying enough for the entire security having to chase you around.

Just because the fun of it.

It just seems so fitting for this topic and sometimes a screenshot says more then 1000 words. Even if the screenshot contains less then 1000 words, which is really weird. The key must be in the delivery of those words.

NkbfLwa.png?1

Of course the person inside the Mech (marked blue) is a Roboticist and the person with the ION rifle is the Warden.

Sure enough the roboticist was not revealed as traitor.

That would help cull the Roboticists that think that making the Giant Death Robottm would mean it's theirs and theirs alone, and not have to listen to security about it.

In my experience, robos put a fair amount of work into building their mechs, not to mention the time to get the research, collect the minerals from cargo, etc. They do not generally want to risk losing them over one confrontation with a security officer. As a result, they'll often avoid walking around in their mech unless it is authorized, the situation is dire, or there are other special circumstances.

I would put it to you that you notice the asshole players more, because, well, they're being assholes. The majority of mechs created are harmless. I remember a round a few weeks ago where we had at least a half-dozen people in phazons and other military mechs, and not a single mech pilot caused trouble. People commented on the mechs, but nobody misused them.

It would also pretty much mean that roboticists would never build mechs, ever. No point in building a toy you can't really use--another negative side effect is that it would definitely increase the amount of meta when was built (and for sure if one had a weapon).

I agree, it would very much reduce the number of mechs made, and make the robotocist job much less satisfying to play.

I wonder if, with this change made, robos will start negotiating with captain/HoS. "I'll make an armed mech for you - if you let me make one for myself too".

The last few times I played Roboticist, I wasn't even thinking as far as combat mechs.

However, one tactic that researchers use is building mech weapons, and then placing them in the Destructive Analyzer so that they can research weapons technology. If the Lockbox is going to interfere with that process, I'm not sure how Research will progress without it.

The last few times I played Roboticist, I wasn't even thinking as far as combat mechs.

However, one tactic that researchers use is building mech weapons, and then placing them in the Destructive Analyzer so that they can research weapons technology. If the Lockbox is going to interfere with that process, I'm not sure how Research will progress without it.

Lockboxes can be deconstructed and you gain the same research as you would with the item that is locked inside the lockbox. This issue was already adressed when the lockboxes for firearms were implemented.

My personal experiance with combat mechs as a roboticist

-They've saved my life and my department when xenobiology fucks up

-They've saved the station when aliens showed up

-Security can't pilot combat mechs for shit and will break them

-People don't go rambo with them unless they are antag ( unless they want a job ban)

Also once again lock boxes aren't a good solution to stop an inventive science department its not like xenoarch has tools to emp shit.... or yellow slime cores.

• 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use