NoX is Running DnD!

NoX

REJOICE MORTALS!~

I am here to run a game of DnD or Pathfinder, for your amusement!

I will be running in either DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder (Whatever you guys want), and the campaign will be an actual complete campaign, made by yours truly a while ago and it was quite popular, so I have ran it with multiple groups, multiple times!

So um yeah, pls let me know if you wanna play guys!

-Excerpt from campaign:

In the country of Avalon, King Aaron Lionheart has ruled for 40 years, peacefully. While not starting any wars, his country's defenses were onsidered the best in the land, and none would dare attack his nation. However recently he has been murdered by assassins, rumored to have come from Serta, a neighboring country ruled by a gold-hungry monarch.

You are farmers, hunters, and tradesmen from a large farming community of over 2000, the largest in all of Avalon. Goods from the town of Thresh are high in quality, and very popular, espeially in the Capitol city of King's Mount. The town is owned by an enterprising Farmer named Borus Freehill, and everyone works for him. The pay is good, and housing is free, and the Tavern cures all ills against their Foreman.

It has been a week since the King has been murdered, and his son, Vincent, took the throne. A caravan of soldiers has been patrolling the country, going from town to town and city to city, raising morale, and recruiting for the new King's army, to take vengenance upon the nation of Serta for so carelessly walking to war.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm in, I'm free pretty much everyday. We gonna have a schedule?

Seeing as you literally just told me Pathfinder is more accessible, I'd like to try that.

Game time is set, 3:00pm Wednesday central time, meetup on skype, my username is noxmodel001

There are 3 guaranteed players so far:

Nomzy

Sly_Nobdy

Colak

Still room for more!

I will decide to take on the reigns for storyteller on the first session.

Colak as Seraph Mythwright

Romana T. Colgate as Riley Aikens

Slynobdy as Dertien

Nomzy as Kagura

We start off in the middle of a rally for recruiting in the army. Our four chars both get confronted with a a soldier. Kagura coerces a soldier to give her 3 months pay on sign up on parchment, while getting the spot as carpenter. Dertien is recruited and Riley joins as a artisan, basically. Seraph immediately joins and runs to his library. After getting our pay, people head their respective ways. I go to the bar and order some milk. After some interesting chat about the army with the bartender, resulted in me knowing they really just want cheap footsoldiers, I roll a 20 (not natural) for perception and see a traveler out of the corner of my eye. The bartender tells me about how he is going to The Deep, which is where a battle was fought against 100 trolls and 15 soldiers, including Sir Mark Helmsworth.

I go home after the bar closes, and Seraph summons his eidolon in the darkness of his library. We are all awoken to furious knocking at our doors, and upon going to them we get the following:

Kagura gets a villager who hands her a shortspear

Seraph gets a villager who hands him a sickle.

Riley getse the manliest god damn fucking blacksmith who hands her a dagger.

Dertien was afk, so he got nothing I think.

Black soldiers are outside each of our homes, loading villagers onto carts. Everything is on fire, including our homes. They roll the highest iniative, with me as second highest, Seraph as second-to-last and Riley as last.

A summary:

I wreck two soldiers, Seraph's Eidolon fucks up everything on their side. I basically got the godly rolls until Romana mentioned bad rolls in which I kept getting nat 1 for attack accuracy straight after. Riley calls me over and enchants my shortspear, which gets knocked away when I roll a nat 1 yet again. Seraph's Eidolon kills everything and Dertien got knocked unconscious right away when he came back. We defeeat the crowd and 6 soldiers appear before us, one in white. The white one was Sir Mark Helmsworth, who tells us that the fire was the kings orderes and tells us to become soldiers. We all say no at first, but all of us get in the wagon at the end.

Seraph discovered 5 soldiers had a geass spell on them, but Helmsworth had a stronger spell that couldn't be identified

I think that was it.

I might as well add my personal notes/perspective to that recap.

For classes, I am an Artisan, Nomzy is a Fighter, Colak is a Summoner with what is actually a Necromorph for an Eidolon, and honestly I can't tell/remember what the other two are. (There is a 5th player who didn't make it till' the end of the session.)

I think I was hired specifically for carpentry, but I have skills in Alchemy, Jewlery making, Weapon smithing, Armor smithing, Woodworking, -and- Tailoring. So that's fun. (Yes, all of these craft skills were in fact necessary and I refuse to believe otherwise.) They gave us royal writs after recruiting us, which was helpful later when convincing a LN Knight to not enslave us.

All these soldiers were dealing non-lethal damage intentionally, they were attempting to round up the farming villagers and use them as conscripts in the army, while also attempting some sort of false-flag operation at the same time by razing the village. This was of course sanctioned by our own new lovely king. The prick. Helmsworth was not terribly happy when he found out some villagers and a blacksmith beat up his army of dudes, and demanded we submit. Presumably to be put in chains and become his cannon fodder, people fleeing his army and telling people would presumably ruin the false flag operation and whatever casus beli that was being devised would be ruined if the information got big enough.

Apparently he also -really- wanted our characters as troops/had orders to minimize casualties, so I put my own knife to my throat and bargained my own life for the actual contract the soldiers and I negotiated. He -eventually- acquiesced because I was serious, and just let the other people go as well, so now we're real solider men now. Woo.

We are taking new players! We play every Wednesday, but we could use more players to make it a bit larger and fill slots when people miss! Thanks in advance guys.

Session is still ongoing as of this post, have some funny moments.

Totally didn't focus on me

Most are about arm wrestling.

744efd8fb0.png

On our way to the hub city

23b81efbb1.png

TThis trainer was a god. When I punched his stomach, he reflected the damage on me for non-lethal damage.

He came out of the explosion after saying "LEARNING", said "LEVEL 2 NOW", then suplexed me for the 12th~ time

ee72cd83ee.png

Handwrestling

5753eab5da.png

Handwrestling 2

743caa63b4.png

Handwrestling 3, end of teh first handwrestling segment.

96da3151f1.png

Handwrestling Segment 2

160bdc4e77.png

3fa71aee2c.png

1533eeeda5.png

37e548fa2206ce6c6ca76ae2f17ce26f.png

27ee3a02bb2a791e3bf004b0dbfc855f.png

Also, picture of our board.

498dbe7a94.png

f166006497b720856a39e619cda3826c.png

Text

NoX (GM): the hallway has in fact been quite long, with no doors on either side, but the hallway now turns left, or there's a door to your right.

Colak tests the door on the right

NoX (GM): it seems locked, but there is give to the door, could pick it or break it, probably.

NoX (GM): colak you can try to pick the lock or force it

Colak: oh lol

NoX (GM): ok you dont get supleed

Colak: I have Raki force it open

NoX (GM): ok

raki roll str

Rakibolarthaphachugt-phasclonataugha: rolling 1d20+3

(2)

+3

= 5

Colak: lol the fuck

NoX (GM): hahaha

she slips, and doesn't hit the door very hard at all

Seraph Mythwright raise an eyebrow at raki

Selax Arenlos: Hmm, perhaps downstairs...

Rakibolarthaphachugt-phasclonataugha gets up and begins to attack the door with her claws

Selax Arenlos carefully heads downstairs, dagger still drawn.

NoX (GM): on your way down the stairs, you hear a light "thud" its almost kind of pathetic, like something slipped.

FalseIncarnate: did it sound like it came from downstairs?

NoX (GM): yes

Selax Arenlos: That's probably them, or a cat.

If it's a cat... well, we'll see what happens.

NoX (GM): you now hear scratching noises, definitely a cat

Selax Arenlos continues along downstairs, trying to find the cat.

NoX (GM): at the bottom of the stairs is a door, and a long slender claw breaks through the door, and you see a glowing red eye from a woman's face

Selax Arenlos: Uh... housekeeping?

NoX (GM): colak hears someone say housekeeping from the otheside of the door, as does Rak

Seraph Mythwright: "Oh good, we found someone I didn't want to find."

NoX (GM): Seraph and Selax meet, there are not many more directions to go

Nobody decided to do the recap, so I'll do it again.

Kagura is Nomzy

Dertien is Sly

Seraph Mythwright is Colak

Raki is Colak's Eidolon

Selax Arenlos is FalseIncarnate

Assume everyone else is a GM controlled NPC

Mark says we're only travelling by night, due to this being a secret operation they can't be seen. Idle chit-chat is made as we get to the first camp. We spend the day eating and standing around untill a troll attacks us. Selax threw something at it, harming it a bit. Dertien finds a bigpieceof a tree somewhere and runs at the troll and hits it, doing 10 damage. Kagura does a charge attack and hits it also for 10 damage. Troll gets his turn, grabs Dertien and gets hit for a total of 16 damage. He's fucked up at this point. Mark fails moving Dertien away. Manadus misses a hit on the troll. Seraph moves his Eidolon/Raki closer to the troll. In the end, we won with Kagura and Dertien brutally injured, but they heal back on the way to the hub town.

Once we get to the town, we all set out to explore it. Seraph and Selax got into a wild adventure, ill ask falseor colak if they want to do that since i forgot mostof it, Kagura goes to train in martial arts which lead to a dozen suplexes, and Dertien forges a fuckheug sword.

Once we all head back ot the barracks, Kagura found out her umbrella is a dwarven-crafted elder weapon with decent melee capability, and then they all go to sleep. (They being Kagura, Dertien and Selax as Colak had to leave midway.)

There's a mission being adressed the next day on patrol of The Deep to patch up a blind eye in the defense so trolls cant get through. We all get 50 immediate payment and set out. The travel takes about a week, but we end up there. That's where weleft off.

I missed a big chunk so I could retain my sanity because this took like 15 minutes to recoverwhat happen and type it as I remembered.

• 2 weeks later...

We talked to an old ma, he zapped us because selax said boo and then knocked selax out.

97470d029b.jpg

When leaving the deep we encountered bandits

No context for you.

Only this magnificent picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of shit happened

Sly as Dertien

Nomzy as Kagura & Gintoki

False as Selax Arenlos & Bitey

Age of Sandwiches

1ebad25f85.jpg

67e79a9c46.jpg

Dertien got power armor and now has his AC up to 20, goddamnit. Kagura got a tinkered umbrella that has metal film, making it useful for bashing, and goggles that have a zoom function. Selax bought acid. We usurped a kingdom after that, Gintoki being on guard duty, closing gates so no more soldiers could come in, then burning the stables so no one can come in that side, not sure if a pegasus died or whatever but it probably deserved it. Eric Lionheart, king of a city down under and uncle of Vincent Lionheart, usurped the throne with us at the reigns. We got the following jobs from Eric:

Kagura, Captain of the City Guard

Dertien, General

Selax Arenlos, Magical Researcher

Sakata Gintoki, Magistrate of the City (BUT ONLY TO FILL THE POSITION!)

The real king returns outside with a huge army and trolls, wearing a silver crown because he hasn't been coronated. Gintoki and Selax coerce him(not really) into coming inside and having a chat. In themiddle of the chat he gets assassinated, and Sir Mark Helmsworth is nowhere to be found. Old man Ollub Noj, Archmage, triesto take him to a tower where he can maybe revive him. The crew expands the city and starts to rebuild Thresh/the place that got burned down at the start of the campaign. Dertien wants to remove a curse on the goblins this month, so we head to Zanzibar city, outside Avalon I think, to ask around where the artifact that has cursed them to be in eternal strife is.

During teh trip, Dertien hands Selax a pair of bony arms for Bitey that he never took when we got bitey damnit, Bitey starts to speak, in Necril, to Selax, talking about history and such. False gets Bitey as a character because he's not a pet anymore. Therefore SADAHARU IS THE BEST FUCKING PET FUCK YEAH

We encounter bandits and a troll, we dtake down the mooks fairly quickly and Selax kills footbros to spew fire at it. We left with 10 soldiers, ended up with 3, troll was a fucking remorseless monster to those guys, leveling up and ending this session.

Also I might've skipped over the last two sessions woops

There are also still open slots for anyone that wants in on this insane joyride. There are 5 players, but only 3 need to be present to play, because people shouldn't have to miss out because one person didn't show up. Also people that miss out on sessions don't lose any rewards either, because people being at mismatched levels is no fun. Game time is every Wednesday at 3pm, Central Time.

Now that we are in the meat of the campaign, here are some of the house rules in using:

Escalation die from 13th age, to step combat up a notch.

Mooks from 4e, to speed up combat but also have bigger battles

Derivitative of the City Builder from Kingmaker (a pathfinder module), to give players a bonus

Also things that are allowed for characters, we are already using most of these:

Gimmicky characters that Re skin abilities

Custom race builder up to 10 points (or more with a level adjust)

Custom classes and class archetypes

Custom equipment

6abb798e26.png

8744279e13.png

f38aff4bb2.png

aca15452cc.png

7909abe2ae.png

95118dbd93.png

Nomzy as Kagura & Sakata Gintoki

FalseIncarnate as Selax Arenlos & Bitey

Sly as Dertien

Session of the Boob jokes

Travelling to Zanzibar got us stopped by those toll bandits that every game has, highwaymen

Gintoki failed a intimidation roll, crit failing, even with his +11 intimidation bonus he doesn't get by.

After a bit of meaningless exchanges betweent eh two groups, we exchange in battle.

Each one of Gintoki's turns were basically crit fails besides a couple, so I wouldn't like to talk about it please

Selax employs Shamwow-Bombs and obliterates the mooks, while Dertien gets personal with the Bandit leader, killin her basically in one shot.

Before this, we had the marvelous first image.

We know that reinforcements came in from the northeast? so we head there. Bitey scouts some and finds a bandit encampment with 30 or so people plus leaders

We have conversation about how we're going to go there, so in the end we decide that Kagura and Selax go intot he bandit camp, Kagura lookslike the bandit leader through potions.

We make our way to the loot house, take gold bars and bust through the wall. Selax melts peoples faces when they opened the door cuz alchemist's fire.

Selax gets chased by a gruopof 6 bandits and a leader, he kills the bandit group and runs away from the leader, whiole Kagura lazily walks to the carriage and then they run away from the encampment!

Next session is most likely zanzibar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use