Ahelp writing ettiquette

Kluys

So I have a few pet peeves with people that send adminhelps in certain ways or about certain subjects and I felt the need to make a post about it to make both of our lives easier. Again, you don't have to follow whats said here

Basically a list of Do's and Don'ts when it comes to ahelping

Lets start with the Do's

• Give enough context

We need to handle an issue from both sides so knowing who and what is important to us

Bad: Player Complaint: This guy just griefed me

Good: Player Complaint: Hannes beat me with a crowbar

Great: Player Complaint: Hannes and me had an argument about toolboxes, He beat me to death because he disagreed with my opinion. [spoiler2]don't write giant walls of text though, keep it comprehensable[/spoiler2]

• state names

This might seem similair to the last issue but names are very important to us, if you state a name in your ahelp it will have a questionmark TiOCKM9.png This button allows us to access a menu which lets us immidiately view the variables, playerpanel and other information of people and saves us a ton of time

Be nice

We don't need you to be all formal about stuff, but please do consider that we have to be unbiassed to both you and the other player. Depending on the issue people may go unbanned or even unpunished.

As much as there are things that you should try to do when writing an ahelp there are also some things that you should definitly don't do. A few of them are listed here here.

• Don't demand things.

Issues are handled by us and we ultimately decide on the punishment given.

• Don't send ahelps about tiny issues.

There is a difrence between getting hit by a crowbar once and getting beaten to death with a crowbar.

There is a difrence between being wrongly incarcerated for 5 minutes and 30 minutes.

Don't rage.

We know you are angry but you don't have to be angry at us, being calm is very helpfull to the both of us and huge amounts of anger can make your issue seem shady.

Don't ahelp about being killed for being an antag

If you get killed as an antag you can ahelp. A bald civilian beating you up with a toolbox is still bad wheter you are an antag or not. Its different when security puts you in the incinerator because you are a confirmed changeling. It doesn't matter if you were cuffed or if you didn't harm anyone, you are a changeling and can therefore be killed.

Don't complain about issues you caused yourself

If you get fired by the CMO because you thought it was a good idea to make drugs instead of actual medication as a chemist it's not our problem, they have the power to fire you and a good reason to do so.

Same goes for getting harmed in a fight you yourself instigated, as long as the fight escalated within reason it is an in character issue.

Getting murdered for a single punch is obviously something you should ahelp, the "within reason" bit here is very important

Keep things short

An admin may decide against your complaint, it happens. We can not always punish another player if the complaint given doesn't warrant that and with around one ahelp about every 5 minutes on busy rounds we do not have time to argue with you about this.

I hope this clears some things up about how things go during ahelps. There are some pet peeves that have to do with admin-player interaction that aren't included here because they don't specifically have to do with ahelps.

The main things you should always remember when sending ahelps is

- There is a player on the other side of your issue as well.

- Admins are people too.

- Calm ahelps keep both sides from getting frustrated.

• Like 1

Also if you ever ahelp "Was it legit?" right after being killed by someone in maint just like that with no more context whatsoever I will just ignore you and you deserve it.

If you open a firelock making the fire behind it spread, and you get caught in it and die, then pray "help" you will get a cookie.

And if you greytide around like breaking random windows with the only purpose to piss off security and get brigged, then ahelp when they brig you for too long, I will help you, but then I will give you 100 brain damage and blame bluespace.

And lastly, if you ask a question on ahelp, and after like 3 seconds of sending the ahelp, while im typing an answer to you you send another ahelp "Nevermind i figured it out", I will think twice before answering you the next time you send a question ahelp.

If you open a firelock making the fire behind it spread, and you get caught in it and die, then pray "help" you will get a cookie.

Why would you give them the Best Cookie. That's encouraging them!

Don't give them the cookie, teleport them to the shower, freeze them, set it to freezing and then taunt them via ahelp and possibly mock them via OOC

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use