Streaky's 13th Age Game

GAME IS PLANNED FOR 11-31st December!

13th Age Core Rulebook

13 True Ways Expansion

Roll 20 Chat Logs - expect OOC clutter and confused rulesearching

Current Players:

Borvak "Blue-Fist" Mordredfind - A Man of nascent legend in any bar or tavern with at least one dwarf patron. Some say he was a dwarf slighted by King Urist Throneholder and bargained with the Diabolist for vengence, and stole the King's heart from his chest with warped, twisted fingers and stalks the northern roads, slaying Orc and Dwarf alike. Others claim he bargained with the Godlike Prince of Shadows to steal the Belt of Forge from the very vaults of Forge itself and the entire stronghold is now an extension of his will.

In truth, Borvak is a wandering bard who oscillates between 'filthy vagabond' and 'dubiously motivated musician'. He scurried into the city of Santa Cora to evade Dwarven Spies and Lawyers clutching a mug of royal booze to his chest wondering what the hell was so important about it. Played by Hawke

Carathorg Lertor - Initiate Paladin to the New Order of the Wyrm, Reluctant Master Swordsman, Enthusiastic Amateur Diplomat. His latest bout of negotiations with the Dwarf Prince Dwelm Throneholder were 'successful' in that he successfully dissuaded The Prince from arresting his comrade Borvak Mordredfind. However, he DID also threaten to arrest Prince Throneholder and may be a catalysing factor to the deterioration of relations between the Dragon Empire and the Throneholder Monarchy. Played by Coldflame

Talianna - As much of an enigma to herself than others. Appearing as a shuffling pile of robes and cloaks swaddled around a frail form her naiveté and otherwordliness gives her the perspective of an enthusiastic, dangerously ignorant tourist. She takes as much interest in the people around her as the world she exists in, and her good-naturedness often compensates for her complete lack of understanding of social cues and norms. It was largely due to her willingness to help and cooperate with everybody that led to Prince Dwelm Throneholder's discovery of Borvak Mordredfind in Santa Cora. After Borvak fled, leaving her and Theodore Brinewater to deal with the Dwarven Royal Guard alone her spirits are dampened and her enthusiasm and trust shaken. This is further complicated by the emergence of powers that tamper with the very fabric of reality itself that perhaps has something to do with her being a powerful and sentient spell inhabiting the body of a dead thief. Played by Earthdivine

Theodore Brinewater - Former Dragon Chaplain of the Emperor's Legion. He wasn't involved in the tavern brawl that brought the other three together and was picked up outside a haunted factory trying to fiddle his way through a lock. After Carathorg tried to arrest him, and Borvak tried to teach him 'THE PROPAH WAY TA DO IT' he agreed to fall in. Homeless and destitute after his discharge from the Legion (which has soured his reputation amongst many of the Emperor's commissioned officers) he joined in the hopes that functioning as part of a cohesive unit once again would do something to assuage the ominous, terrifying nightmares he sees every night where the Great Gold Wyrm is torn apart in the Abyss and the Demons he holds back flood onto the surface. Played by TullyBBurnalot

The Game:

I might write out a prose-y story covering the campaign at some point. This game began on the 22nd of June and ran to the 21st of September until which point I had to take a break due to Uni commitments. I'll pick it up again at some point after December 11th where I will run for 2-3 weeks.

After GMing this game for a few weeks here are the lessons I've learned.

[*] The story is up to the players. My job is to present a cohesive and consistent world that reacts to the player's presence or absence.

[*] Any situation the players find themselves in are as a result of a random roll or the forces at work in the world striving for their objective. The players may approach any situation in a way they deem appropriate and at no point will I 'expect' the players to do what they're 'supposed to.

[*] As a result of the above, I will not present combat scenarios to the players that will be 'scaled' to their level. If they encounter a Legendary Knight of the Lich King, he may well be much stronger than the players. Similarly, a bunch of humans that became bandits because their farming town collapsed due to drought will not suddenly produce a Demon Lord just to pose the Paladin a challenge or to protect the squishy Bard.

However, the Undead Knight may be crushed with a boulder, or negotiated into defecting and the Farmer Bandits may make heavy use of nasty traps or develop into something stronger or different if they are not dealt with in one manner or another.

[*] Rolls serve to resolve questions and conflicts. I won't make you roll if you have a crossbow to the back of an unarmed elf's head. If you're in a busy crowd, trying to shoot an armoured Dwarf in the face with one hand whilst trying to stop another Dwarf from fleeing in terror with your other hand....

[*]It's always Hawke's fault.

Edited by Guest

I would totally join up, I've been following this since the Kick starter and have 2 of their books already, the core and one of the suppliment books, and have been wanting to play this system SO much and love it SO SO much.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty.

My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/streakyhaddock/

Skype Profile: straddock

PM me on these forums if you have neither steam nor skype, but responses will be slower.

If you add me on steam I will want to verify who you are (because people be harassing me for that phat streakloot) and please provide a message stating why you're adding me on skype (because aslbots be harassing me for that phat streakbutt).

Even if you don't expect to end up actually playing, I'm still a paradise admin so you'll probably want me on your contacts list for future reference anyway.

Alrighty.

My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/streakyhaddock/

Skype Profile: straddock

PM me on these forums if you have neither steam nor skype, but responses will be slower.

If you add me on steam I will want to verify who you are (because people be harassing me for that phat streakloot) and please provide a message stating why you're adding me on skype (because aslbots be harassing me for that phat streakbutt).

Even if you don't expect to end up actually playing, I'm still a paradise admin so you'll probably want me on your contacts list for future reference anyway.

Alright, I shot you an invite on steam.

300 pages for core rules? I wish you guys luck, I'm not interested.

Having own the book, not all of those pages are the rules. The Core Rule book has a short synopsis about the world so you know a little of the place, a small beastiary that goes up to max level and a starting campaign to introduce the game. The actual rules that the players deal with are about 150 ish pages.

Current Players who have volunteered interest: Earthdivine, Coldflame, CrAzYPiLoT and FreeStylaLT. Earthdivine has already drawn up a character sheet, and Hawke is working on one now. I've got in touch with Coldflame, but I haven't heard anything from Pilot on steam or skype, so please add me (unless you already have and I haven't kept track of you).

Game's set for about mid June, and I want to get all of us into one convo to have a discussion to learn the rules, discuss setting and stuff like that. I'll probably write up the sessions on the forums to read if you're all cool with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Our first game shall be soon, but it's not too late to join! I'm always happy....and mostly free....to help write up characters, just hit me up on Skype under this name and I can help with character creation.

• 1 month later...

Talianna's Journal Entry 341

Hello again journal, it's been a while since I last gotten a chance to write in you. I've been traveling the Devils Coast for some time so I haven't had time to write anything in here.

I just arrived in Santa Cora again, its's been a few years since I've seen this again. Well, since Tali's seen it at least. She remembers this a lot better then I do. She wrote pages on how pretty every thing was, how calming the place was for her, they even fixed her leg when she was here. For me though, this place makes me feel sick looking at the glass, the buildings, even being near some of these people makes me feel ill, I don't understand why.

This visit, a lot of things have gone wrong. When I was listening to the conversations of the magical equipment, I ran into a man from the Archmages service. He was incredibly rude, yelling all kinds of things at me. I really didn't want to listen to it, so I left as fast as I could. Those mage people often try to do things to me, so it's nice one of them at least didn't try anything.

I then went to the temples, probably not a good idea but I wanted to see everything there and escape from the mage. I met a very nice man in a lot of spikes and gave me some nice Pamphlets. I need to meet this Snood guy he was talking about and ask him what he wants me for, I still don't recall saying I will serve him.

I then went to the Blessed Temple, the Inn I'm currently staying at writing in you! I bought the VIP room since I didn't want someone seeing me again, though that didn't really pan out. You see, someone tried to mug me! The very rude man broke into my room and pointed a crossbow at me, when he shot a guy across the hall from me. I started to panic then, and I did a very horrid thing. He was screaming and bleeding everywhere, calling me a "Harpy", what ever that is, coming at me with a knife! But at that moment, the man he shot came charging in clad in armor to save me! It was like one of those moments in books when the hero comes in to save the day. We had a small scuffle again and he cut me very good, but it's nothing that won't heal.

The man, who was called Carathorg, and someone who was watching the whole thing, named Borvak, helped me dress the muggers wounds before he died and started to take him down the stairs, when he slid off the stretcher and fell down them! It was so embarrassing and made me so sad to see him go, but some bar patrons took him to get help after the gaurds came by. Carathorg and Borvak started to lie to them for some reason, I don't know why, they're the guards, they're there to help! So I told them whats happening and one started to take our names down, when he had me take my Hood off! I am very upset right now because of that, I hate seeing people act like that around me. Those face's they made just make me so depressed, it's hard to put it into words. They gave us some armbands that fit fairly comfortably on my arm and we're going to be going to the guard post tomorrow to help some people, since they said "It would be faster for us to do service then a trial." I don't know why we would have had one, we're not in the wrong after all!

Hopefully tomorrow goes better then today, I shall tell you about it later, journal!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use