remove the "enemy of the corporation law"

belarion

Since right now as it is, being found out as antag is insta death.

Either you cover up every single trace and never get caught, of you fight off everyone who comes at you, there's no middle ground.

Good example of this would be a ling round I was just in, no there wasn't any "friendly antag" nonsense, but as soon as I was ran up to and had my blood taken it was straight off to the chapel, when I hadn't even committed a crime they could pin on me.

I had seriously spent all shift wandering around the station, stealing IDs, planting evidence, doing my job, being commended for it, by all ways a "model crewman" or whatever, I had done nthing to imply I was hostile.

That was all over in 30 seconds as a result of "HALT" *taze *blood sample "LING CONFIRMED TO THE CHAPEL!" *hssss.

Even worse is when you have a traitor item and you get lethal injection'd, every, single, time.

That's not the issue though, taking out antags is sec's job after all, and lings murdered somebody to get on the station, but when the only damn thing they ever do is murderize them right away just because they were an antag and not because of what they actually did IG?

Half the time they don't even get the cap's permission, or anyone's if its a borg.

It really, really sucks when you try to make a round interesting and being valid hunted is your only reward, ever.

Telvayne's idea from an other thread, removing the "enemy of the corporation" law, would be a nice way of removing justification for such behaviour, whilst not forcing everyone to re enact "the thing" every other round, whilst letting players retain their admin given right of being meta bastards :P

That way maybe, just maybe, we'll have a bit more antag interaction other than "lol u ded and no one will find the body" "PEW PEW!" and "THE CREMATORIUM SPRINGS TO LIFE!"

TL;DR: for fuck's sake guys you can do much more to a ling/vampire/traitor than cremate them you know.

And no I don't want a return to the dark, dark days of Vampires and the like being protected under space law, that was a horrid time.

Edited by Guest

The ling killed the original crewmember and took their place. They start with a charge of murder.

And having to recreate "the thing" every round would be utterly awful.

Get rid of antag tests (ling blood, vampire instaburning in chapel/holywater(though I think holywater was removed)).

That way you have to actually fuck up to be executed rather than brigged for a banana peel on a ling/vamp round, tested, and burnt.

Traitors already have a nice balance, I feel, because they can't even been proven a traitor 100%. Even carrying three emags, you still can't ever KNOW they're a traitor (an uplinked PDA could still be planted on someone theoretically).

The ling killed the original crewmember and took their place. They start with a charge of murder.

And having to recreate "the thing" every round would be utterly awful.

Of course, they're a hostile alien and all.

The enemy of the corporation law though makes it expected that any antag, not just aliums and vampyres, get taken out the round in the quickest way possible.

Is it really that much to ask that being "found out" isn't a guaranteed round ender?

As a security officer you have to murder the ling, he can come back to life and between lesser form and arm blades there are few ways to securely contain a ling. If you screwed up as an antag and got caught then you deserve what's coming for you.

I think your example just highlights how terrible easy it is for security to metahunt antags, if what you say is true then they had no reason to suspect you were a ling. The issue here is security being able to detect lings that cover their tracks, don't leave witnesses, and stay stealthy. One random blood test later and it's all foiled. Removing "Enemy of the Corporation" wouldn't remedy this, and this "more antag interaction" you talk about would in 90 % of cases just be more dead officers.

A better solution would be to make it harder to test lings/vamps. A stationary scanner in brig would force security to relocate suspects to the brig before performing the test. Another suggestion I saw was a limited supply of tests locked away in a lockbox ala loyality implants.

As for your run-of-the-mill antags, the law clearly states lethal force is only to be used if they present a significant risk to detain them. If security kill someone just because the suspect was confirmed an antag after the suspect was detained, then they're breaking space law and should themselves be trialed for murder. You still need Magistrate's/Captn's permission to execute someone, even if you find traitor items on the suspect.

-snip-

Thing is though, I actually don't disagree with any of that.

Making detection harder would be great, preferable even, its how sec inevitably deals with antags that I was trying to get at.

The only thing I object to is the wording of the law, that "enemies of the corporation" need to be killed, it pretty much exempts you from any sort of treatment other than being killed, the only purpose the law serves is that "if atag = kill them".

That's what they should be doing obviously, but what I'm sick of is the practice of being chapel dragged with no word to anyone about what's going other than "LING OPEN", that's obviously inevitable since it could monkeyfy at ant given moment, but more often than not its the antag who ends up being skrekked over.

It's more a problem with the player rather than the law. He can do it because he isn't doing anything wrong, and killing a possible threat is among those things sadly, you would be amazed how often the captain orders executions with a magistrate onboard and everyone just does fuckall and listen to him, without asking the magistrate.

They snuffed you out, and they are going to chop your head off no matter what you did or how peacefull you are. It depends on who caught you and what you did, people may give you a chance at life, but that is unlikely lately.

Edited by Guest

We already changed the holy water vampire test so it doesnt insta-detect anymore.

Personally I would also want the ling test to be changed, because right now it's awfully easy. Preferably something that would harm the subject, so if you make the test and fail you would get in trouble, or at least to discourage random loltesting.

Feel free to open a new thread with ideas for a new ling test for brainstorming.

So far my favourite idea was the singularity test (guess what is it about).

Antag tests being a bit harder would be fine, but removing them is not. Making Changeling test require the blood to be heated, instead of mixed with fuel, sounds like a good idea. Lighters could be used, though require at least a minute to complete, Chemistry heaters would be the optimal route. If the blood is human, it would thin or give a generic heating up message. If the blood was a changelings it would boil or even explode and make a mess all over the floor.

Thing is, nobody really checks for Vampires or Changelings until there is some evidence of one (Husked/Drained bodies, random stings or sloppy takedowns) These roles require the antag to be stealthy and evade detection, picking their targets carefully or framing someone else for it.

If you remove the changeling test, you damn well HAVE to remove Changlings able to eat morphed monkeys (something I think should go anyways, since it is just another form of powergaming)

We're getting LINDA? Sweet jesus the lag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use