*Fart (sound)

Fox McCloud

Should the fart emote sound be re-added?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, have a PR up: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/737

To add the fart sound to the emote itself--this was added back in November for a few days--an admin at the time hated it so it was quickly removed. The Community's opinion was far less clear--a good portion were upset that it was removed, some didn't care one way or another, and some were happy to see it go.

Either case, I'd love to hear your input and opinions on this being added---farting has undergone a lot of changes since then; hugging no longer makes others fart, and the only way to fart is if the emote is used intentionally---there's one exception: eating eggs has a small probability of making you fart.

There's also a medical drug you can give people that out and out stops them from farting as well.

This would have a cooldown just like Buzz, Beep, Ping, and Squish---you will NOT be able to use it constantly like *slap or other emotes.

Feel free to post your opinions, comments, and feedback; I still consider this highly controversial and still in need of both community and admin input.

Please don't do this. The annoying part of the crew always finds a way to maximize noise coming from every orifice.

*slap

Oh, for reference, this would have the same cooldown as buzz, ping, squish, etc.

I don't see that fully stopping the noise from being done constantly. If this even gets in, I suggest the sound only playing once you've absorbed a ton of food and then fart.

ahh. I guess I was more leading into buzz/ping/beep/squish has the same CD and doesn't typically get used, non-stop--and slap out and out doesn't have a CD and usually doesn't get used as such (except for the rare occasional slap-fest).

It would be exactly as annoying as squishing slimes and it would give other species a way to respond to this rude and borderline horrifying act of disrespect in an equal manner.

Just slap on a cooldown and I'm more than fine about this. Can't get more annoying than buzzing tinmen and even those rustbutts do not bother me.

Keep it the fuck out. Anything that makes me mute the game because I don't want those around me to think I'm 10 years old and giggling at farts is a terrible fucking idea.

add simethicone autoinjectors and spread them around medbay for general anti farting purposes.

if not we can buff simethicone and make them mute all emotes that make sounds.

also add a button that is for muting emote sounds.

also add a button that is for muting emote sounds.

This is similar to what I'll probably do--both sides are happy; those who want to hear it can, and those who don't won't have to put up with it; everyone wins.

Can we do it so we can mute specific sounds?

I'd be fine with this if we can mute specific emote sounds.

Edit: To elaborate, I don't want it. But at the least if we can toggle that specific sound off then it would be a /lot/ better.

Edited by Guest

I don't see one reason to add it, this thing just popped out of nowhere. Cooldown or toggling the emote sound won't keep it from eventually spamming our chats, and dear god when people form the fart brigades it will not be fun (ESPECIALLY when you consider our average player load nowadays). It's a very childish idea from a server designed just for laughs, really, and we want roleplaying and action, unless that died out long ago.

PLEASE NO. NO. NO. FUCKING NO.

Farting humour was amusing when I was six. We are NOT that age. It's also impossible to mute unless you mute the game itself, and unlike *scream it serves absolutely no purpose other than toilet humour.

I have an idea for this that will remove the controversy and make both sides happy.

Is it some sort of "toggle silly sound effects button", because that seems like an awful lot of work for a sound that does nothing. Tasers have sounds because they need to make a sound. People can hear that and react. Farting doesn't need a sound because it's a superfluous waste of resources that everyone joining the server has to download, even those who toggle it. Wasted programming time, wasted effort, on something that does nothing but induce giggling in those who are 10 years old (our target demographic), and sighing and feeling ashamed of what they're playing in anyone who's like me.

you know what?

add a whoopie cushion and give it to the clown to play around with, the fart emote doesnt need a sound effect, the clown does.

all my this

being able to hide it in chairs would be fun stuff too

Fart sound won't make it in and the PR was closed. Fart emote, fart genetics and fart-associated reagents will however remain.