PhantasmicDream Art

PhantasmicDream

Been in the mood to draw up more of my 80s AU (alternate universe) 
For those who missed it or just new viewing this post,  my 80s AU was created back in the summer.  which I'll sneak in the post I made into a spoiler. 

Spoiler

We have Jonah,  a detective that has recently been transferred to a new town. Trying to adjust to living in his new shotty apartment and dealing with his work place,  he'd probably have his mother calling him every now and then to see how's he settling in and maybe trying to hook him up with a lady/date.  Because "Jonah you're a 35 year old man and you need a lady in your life so you can bring your mother grandchildren"  But you know can't really be too open about being gay. 

Moving on we of course would have Nanotrasen in this town.  They have a nice science facility around the outskirts of town,  and of course like most places a lot of rumours have been spread around.  "What is it that NT is doing out there?  Freaky experiments? poor practices?  Are they even scientists or are they just a bunch of cultists?"  Some how they manged to stumble across a sort of dimensional like thing that is known as Bluespace, eventually figuring out they now have the ability to teleport things they decided to test it out by teleporting things away from them and to themselves.  This may have lead to them grabbing a few other species from their own homeworld. 

Lastly Zeke, living in a technocracy based Skrellian society had been teleported away during his own wedding ceremony. During this time Skrell didn't really get with anyone due to being in love,  more for a society thing.  Did this benefit both side at all?  Are they doing it for the purpose of having a child so they too can help with SCIENCE! Having families isn't important, but getting more skrell involved with pushing Science/ Skrellian Society as far as they can go!  Zeke being the emotional and love driven character he is didn't want this marriage to happen, he didn't care for this Skrellian Lady  however he didn't know what to cared for.  But for a short moment he was happy to be mysteriously taken away from the altar, but quickly realized things might have gotten for the worst.

While drawing the scenes for this setting,  they haven't been in any specific order.  So I'm thinking at this moment and time I'll collect the ones I've created and place them in order. 

[New drawing] -  The scientist at Nanotrasen has stumbled across what they believe to be a different dimensional space,  which currently have the nickname "Bluespace".  They figured out that throwing something in it, it would go somewhere. And with the right kind of settings they can pull things to themselves.   After playing around with it sending random things like fruit to places on earth and then trying to bring it back (which sometimes they do, sometimes it's something else) they felt like exploring more.   First they changed the reach to see if they could place or get things from the Moon.  But why not further?  One the scientist turned up the dials and ended up pulling a sea creature from Qerrballak.  Why,  this isn't something they've ever seen before... what other things could be in this location?  Sometime late they tried it again  (because if course they had to take the time to deal with the creature they just brought though) they ended up pulling through a Skrell (Zeke).  How shocking and unbelievable.  
80s_AU_arrival.jpg

Months have gone by after the events that took place at Nanotrasen.  And in this small town, a new Detective has arrived.   In what appears to quiet/sleepy town,  Jonah assumes that a lot wont be going on here and cant wait till his contract that stationed him here would end so he could find somewhere better to live. 
_au___apartment_by_phantasmicdream_dde01

Weeks gone by, and he's gotten more adjusted to the area.   Chatting with his "neighbours" that live in the same apartment building as he does,  and getting long distant phone calls from his mother (or just family in general) to see how he's settling in and how work is going.   Life just seem basic and normal at this point. 
80s_AU_Laundromat.jpg

Jonah starts hearing rumours about Nanotrasen.  Mostly about how they're evil and doing inhumane experiments.  Jonah just passed it off as people in this town are crazy and will make up anything. Eventually curiosity struck him,  what kinds of things are they doing there?  He's passed by it a few times, and has never seen anyone enter or leave the building.   So why not plan out his own investigation.  After a bunch planning and secrecy,  Jonah sneaks into the facility,  through a window of what appeared to the be a locker room.  Grabbing one of the coats hanging around and feeling the pockets of others... he found a key card that someone left behind that belonged to a "Dr.  A. Jonas" 
_au__exploring_by_phantasmicdream_dde9qo

This was around the third room and checked out,  and out of everything would have never expected to see an alien... it was just so surreal. 
_au__exploring_pt_2_by_phantasmicdream_d

[New drawing] -Jonah, being taken back a bit that this humanoid looking being spoke English back to him. Decided to help Zeke out, after he proposed the idea of, if you let me out of here,  I can tell you everything I know.   Jonah realizing that this is a horrible idea, came to the conclusion that he's already in deep shit already, so they planned to make it look like Zeke broke out on his own...
80s_AU_escaping.jpg

Not sure yet on what I'm going to do when I draw up new scenes... we'll see  ^^"

• Like 3
  • explodyparrot 1

Me and my Pokémon riddled mind instantly jumped to 'oh huh a more wholesome Mewtwo story' when I first saw the picture of zeke in an experiment tube. 

• stunbaton 1

On 1/4/2020 at 7:58 AM, PhantasmicDream said:

When playing rounds, sometimes certain "scenes" stick out to me... Sometimes they're interesting other times they're just random. ^^'

So, this round I joined in a bit late (probably 5 to 15 minutes late?) Playing as my boy Zeke as the NT Rep, after getting set up and ready went straight to the bridge... Right away there was a random civilian in there- great.

Little did I know that this vox civilian was going to be the bane of my existence.  They were thrown out of the bridge, but every now and then found a way to sneak back on.

The station's power went out rather early in the shift do to a power sink... So of course more people would try to sneak on the bridge again, and I was temporarily stuck in the bar (with an Irish coffee).  Finally got out of the bar thanks to someone on the outside having a crowbar.

Back to the bridge, people were being thrown out... Because they were allowed there.  With the power back ago, one of the civilians were taken to the cells for trespassing onto the Captain's office, and the vox from earlier was ranning around in the bridge hiding in a potted plant.  Calling security a few times to come an arrest them... Took them awhile to get there... And the power went out shortly for a second time (but of course wasn't off long)

Finally an officer finally came for that vox, and the Capitan said to give them 15minutes. 

Zeke: "15? I would've thrown them into perma...but I am very pissed off."
Katlyn: "I thought about it, but I didn't want to come off as petty."

After I told my boyfriend this round, he mentioned that she in a backhanded way just called Zeke "petty" and personally I thought it was hilarious! 

Unfortunately I don't remember names very well, and didn't think to write it down anywhere... But I have a feeling it was a Katlyn.... something? ^^'

I just discovered this today! Thank you for the beautiful drawing of Katlyn!

You were RPing with my character, Katlyn Hudson.

I remember this scene. In fact, when I first saw Zeke on the bridge, I thought to myself (OOC), "Hey, that's Zeke! The Skrell from PhantasmicDream's art thread!" I don't remember having RPed with Zeke in any shift before, but I remember thinking how cool it was to RP with a character I had read/seen in so many pictures.

And I'm sorry about backhanded comment, I didn't realize Katlyn came off so catty in that exchange!

Usually, SS13 doesn't get under my skin; but I was feeling particularly salty about everybody trespassing on the bridge.
I think it was the combination of the extended power outage and seemingly endless stream of trespassers.
Normally, Katlyn is very forgiving, but I marked at least half a dozen people for arrest in the security console.

In that context, "I didn't want to come off as petty" was intended more as "I didn't want to seem like I was handing out harsh sentences just because I'm pissed off."
But you're right, that choice of wording was unintentionally, but terribly, ironic.

Apart from that, I glad that Katlyn got the chance to meet Zeke, and make a strong enough impression to be worthy of such art!

Send me a PM with your Kofi / Patreon / whatever?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Veloxi said:

I remember this scene. In fact, when I first saw Zeke on the bridge, I thought to myself (OOC), "Hey, that's Zeke! The Skrell from PhantasmicDream's art thread!" I don't remember having RPed with Zeke in any shift before, but I remember thinking how cool it was to RP with a character I had read/seen in so many pictures.

Aww,  hearing people taking interest or just seemingly excited to interact with my character in game feels my heart with glee.  UwU

5 minutes ago, Veloxi said:

And I'm sorry about backhanded comment, I didn't realize Katlyn came off so catty in that exchange!

Usually, SS13 doesn't get under my skin; but I was feeling particularly salty about everybody trespassing on the bridge.
I think it was the combination of the extended power outage and seemingly endless stream of trespassers.
Normally, Katlyn is very forgiving, but I marked at least half a dozen people for arrest in the security console.

In that context, "I didn't want to come off as petty" was intended more as "I didn't want to seem like I was handing out harsh sentences just because I'm pissed off."
But you're right, that choice of wording was unintentionally, but terribly, ironic.

And it's cool,  it was a very stressful round at that part... and maybe people's first encounters with me in game are cursed.  xD   And honestly,  I didn't think it was supposed to be a backhanded comment in anyway,  but it was fun to take things the wrong way.  ^^'   And ingame while playing I understood what you were going for cause the context ingame, and remember someone else mentioning how much of a caring captain you were!  ^-^     Also, to make note I use " phantasmicdream " for pretty much everything online related. 

Another drawing relating to my 80s AU.   Where else would you hide an alien but inside your own apartment room...  Sneaking through the building was easier said than done.
80s_AU_sneaking.jpg

The other day I pulled something in my right (dominant) hand making it so any sort of pressure on my thumb would make the rest of my hand hurt.. and it was just a bad time in general, cause even typing a bit kinda hurt.  So with that going on,  I couldn't really draw... but I really wanted to because I had nothing else to day and was just really bored.  So I thought why not draw with my other day, and honestly can't remember the last time I attempted to draw with my left hand...  I don't know if you'd call it stubbornness or ambition...  x3

So,  first I did some gesture drawings to kinda of get the hang of holding something in my left hand
image0.jpg

Then I drew my slimegirl Dreamy Rockwall.
image0.jpg

Today I thought,  maybe I'll continue to do gesture drawings with my left hand to get better... because I've always been afraid to have something bad happen to my hand causing me to never draw again... and I'm sure that's a normal fear some people have... right?  
image0.jpg

My right hand is a little tender today,  but I'm sure by tonight or tomorrow it'll be fine... doesn't hurt a whole when I try to do stuff at least.  ^^'

• Like 3

Sometimes I draw memes -  The concept behind this one was from Tully,  basically calling me out about how I refused to say my art is good xD
Also, hi yes,  I draw myself as a Catgirl.  Because I am one IRL
EOKybN2X4AEfhzs?format=jpg&name=large

My beautiful Shadowrun character (that I don't get to play any more but I'll forever draw him) Damien "Kitten" Bryar
EOQkv8TW4AAgoX_?format=jpg&name=large

A fun comic of Jonah and Zeke,  because I thought this would be a funny situation that would of happened early on in their relationship. 
EOR_looWoAIptzL?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

Oh yes!!  Every now and then I like to draw up something Skrellian looking either drink or food... But I personally struggle with spriting... Cause I'm not used to working on a small canvas with limited details. *sweats*

• Like 1

there are for sure a bunch of people who would be willing to help out on sprite stuff yeah! i think truly alient food an such would be excellent. hell, i'd be willin to dislodge some rust an help out myself. forreal tho i kind of want to start just rpin that im eatin some real gnarly lookin stuff that is made after an old family recipe or something

• Like 1

Oh hey, I'm here to dump off some arts!

Here we have a sleepy boi, this is my DnD character for a homebrew setting that steampunk-esque. He's an Aasimar Paladin named Auriel.

image0-205.thumb.jpg.279b5a7f2996fd3e0b52fba4731c3c22.jpg

Surprisingly enough, I do have other SS13 characters (that I just don't play as, as often as I liked) this is my Unathi Alistair Sslas.  If you been viewing my thread for a long time you may have seen him before.   He's a big softy, unfortunately due to some surgery trauma (after volunteering for weird experiments) Alistair can't remember much of his past or retain new memories.

image0-90.thumb.jpg.4d60d444617dd17c84e8be040e149e00.jpg

Mah two favourite characters that I've been drawing forever, I thought maybe I should give a "at the start to now" kind of thing with their relationship.  Because sometimes I like to jump back in timelines... But most people probably didn't know Zeke had "shorter" tendrils and Jonah was pretty much a Cyborg. Maybe I should make a timeline.... 🤔

490859344_image0(1).thumb.jpg.46d9135950fd1a84fd38d9f8f212a406.jpg

With the help of the previous picture, we see that this is mostly robot parts Jonah with redish eyes! 

A thing a few players have done in the past was, if their character was enthralled by a Shadowling and stayed enthralled to the round was over in further rounds the character would have dark red/maroon coloured eyes as a sort of lasting effect the thralling had. Which I was very much into. 

image0-78.thumb.jpg.0088c8910fb0e5d31a31ba1ed77d7e26.jpg

I actually had a fight with this drawing, and I dunno have some mixed feelings with the finished piece... But I still kinda liked the sketch maybe a bit more?

I'm not sure if I lost the over all expression I was trying to go for or not. Oh well what can you do!! 

image0-69.thumb.jpg.3403adb57d74c70fb99beca31d169672.jpg

• Like 1

A little more on my edgy streak? 

This was low-key based off of a round from a year or so ago. Where Shadowlings did ascend and the shuttle was called.  Some how making it on the shuttle without being enthralled at all Zeke was approached by an thrall and an Ascendant. Given the option to willingly submit to being enthralled or to just die on the spot. 

Its not really common to get an option like that, and I thought it was rather interesting and it just kinda stuck with me. .

image0-122.thumb.jpg.c905a8a8c3732ad14172fa7b47733dc0.jpg

Oh look, it's me. There's a trend going called "toonme" where you have a picture of yourself and half (or so) of it. Also yes, it's a Boba Fett hoodie I'm wearing gotta rank up the nerdy points. 

image0-137.thumb.jpg.2e383ddb79636c7b1085a577c78d398d.jpg

• Like 2

Based off of a round from a long time ago,  was a Shadowling round and Zeke was caught by a thrall.  While the thrall was having issues trying to figure out where the shadowlings were, he ties Zeke to a pipe in a random room in maintenance then went out to figure out what was going on. 

A familiar spooky presence swung in, because Zeke couldn't really do much but beside to wiggle out of the ties. Slade and Zeke just chatted while waiting for the thrall to come back. When he came back he was very confused about who and what Slade was.. 

Later it was called out that the Tesla(?) went loose... Giving up the shadowlings and thinking survival was a better option, let Zeke go and the three of them tried to make their way out of maintenance and off station.

image0-157.thumb.jpg.6297001fcff7d5357f295000a2a9a7f0.jpg

Decided to do some hand studies.  Filling out pages (kinda like this) of something you may be struggling with could help you get a better grasp of it. I hate drawing hands (also feet) and it's probably one of the common things people probably hear/see me struggle with! Atleast back when I did Livestream more. xD

image0-100.thumb.jpg.988ede3f6752c0d8f5839ad1f78b511f.jpg

• Like 1

A drawing of my Dungeons and Dragons character Auriel. He's and Aasimar Paladin who grew up under the influence of a church.  it's in a more "homebrew" setting being slight more Victorian steampunk rather than Medieval fantasy.

image0-153.thumb.jpg.7ed4e5e0f1c4d41e001129ff4479fa7f.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use