Remove Revolution

belarion

It either descends into team death match, or the heads on whichever side get killed off really early.

It enables and encourages security to embrace their inner shittyness, every head to join with their inner comdom, and everyone else to indulge in their passion for greytide.

Rev is the terribad gamemode every other terribad gamemode gets terribadly compared too.

Its just a maelstrom of assholeness.

While I also find it fun, I like to imagine, whenever I hear of 'rev', the adminlogs.

Those poor, poor adminlogs.

Sadly, nothing really can be done to fix the murderbone side of it, but I kinda wish people would negotiate more in rev, hold hostages, etc.

The mode was designed, from the very start to literally be TDM; it's really the only game mode that is openly like this (with cult being a very distant second) and it's not a common mode; generally speaking forcing RP in this mode is.....silly at times (Bay actively encourages the heads of staff to be oppressive during rev rounds...).

I still have fond memories of when revs had uplinks during RP rev though =p

RP rev can go die, that's worse then regular rev..

I am still in the opinion that if we fixed the conversion method, we can limit the TDMish feeling Rev brings, though replacing it with what is the question

I'd like to somehow re-allow security to be rev'd as well. Possibly something to do with changing the conversion method.

If I am remembering correctly, the reason why security was given implants was to stop this specifically, since rev before then was rev 2 or 3 people, get the glasses off a officer and rev him (or rev the glasses less officer, I've seen these guys very often), and then pass out batons like candy to the revs. Security being rev-able also gave the heads of staff NO allies except themselves, leading to the heads RDMng everyone they see. I like how now, you atleast KNOW who you can vaugly trust in rev compared to looking at everyone like an enemy.

And security can still be revved, just get them when they come out of cloning.

I'd like to somehow re-allow security to be rev'd as well. Possibly something to do with changing the conversion method.

If I am remembering correctly, the reason why security was given implants was to stop this specifically, since rev before then was rev 2 or 3 people, get the glasses off a officer and rev him (or rev the glasses less officer, I've seen these guys very often), and then pass out batons like candy to the revs. Security being rev-able also gave the heads of staff NO allies except themselves, leading to the heads RDMng everyone they see. I like how now, you atleast KNOW who you can vaugly trust in rev compared to looking at everyone like an enemy.

And security can still be revved, just get them when they come out of cloning.

This so much. Heads only having themselves to trust and depend on during rounds pretty much meant they'd lose every single time; just a single officer getting revved was enough for the revs to have pretty much free pass to everything---rev and officer and use him to rev the warden; GG, WP---entirety of security is now yours to command with no one able to stop you.

If revs put a ton of effort into de-implanting an officers and sneaking him in without the other officers noticing his lack of implant? That's great and I'm fine with that; that's a lot of time, effort, and planning AND security being unobservant about their own staff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use