Grand space law discussion thread

necaladun

I think the whole demotion thing should have its own article or section. Here's my thoughts:

Things you could be fired from:

- Committing a crime (see space law), if security has a reason to brig someone then the head of their department should have the option to lay them off

- Wasting department resources, this is considered Petty Theft / Theft / Grand Theft

- Refusing to work (see Scrat's post)

- Refusing legitimate orders (see Scrat's post, but how do we word/elaborate this to prevent condom abuse?)

Things you should NOT be fired for:

- Refusing illegitimate orders (HoS ordered you to execute the clown for slipping him, CE ordered you to fetch him a coffee, any order that goes against space law)

- Being bad-mouthed/disrespectful

I'm not sure on the whole demotion process and what to do if someone refuses to be fired. How can we prevent condoms firing someone just because? Who should be responsible for ensuring the ID and PDA is updated, the head, security, the former employee? This is how I could see it unfold: The head would request someone to hand over their stuff, if the employer refuse and believe the demotion is invalid then security is called and the security officer(s) must determine if the demotion is valid.

I don't see why demotions necessarily have to be a part of space law; it should largely be up to the departmental head (and not security)--once they're demoted, then trespass becomes the standard way of dealing with fired employees.

You have mid tier things too, last round I played, a budding comdom was trying to have half of research fired because one of them built and (shock, horror!) used a chem dispenser in R&D to help cure a virus outbreak... without explicit authorisation!

The RD kinda was in the right (SoP and all) but it was very arguable, so he was told to go cry to IA about it.

"not doing what you ought to be doing" should be under SoP really, but there should be something more than there currently is in space law to discourage bad behaviour, that isn't just "your head decided they don't like you, hand over your ID".

I don't see why demotions necessarily have to be a part of space law; it should largely be up to the departmental head (and not security)--once they're demoted, then trespass becomes the standard way of dealing with fired employees.

Demotions shouldn't be solely head discretion.

You end up with "you're fired because I don't like you" which is completely unacceptable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use