Buff Cyborgs a little bit

belarion

They're no longer uber OP death masheens, and that's good.

But they have the exact same durability as squishy squashy meatsacks, that's not so good.

Nor can they examine anything, so no seeing who's SSD/setting sec records/looking at wounds.

They needed nerfing, but when most any sort of damage they take results in component uselessness and they're limited utility wise, combined with the speed debuff they always had anyway... I don't play as cyborgs that often, but aside from inbuilt space proofness/difficulty to stun, now they're inferior in most ways to playing a "normal" character.

Giving them maybe 30% more health and letting them examine things again would be great.

Shift + Ctrl + Click to examine, same as AI

But that's mega complicated and not one button press away!

Main thing is the armour though, being whacked a few times with a toolbox makes you useless now.

Cyborg is my most played role, playing as Helios very often. From the few rounds I've played with it so far these nerfs aren't as bad on "paper" as they are actually playing it. The armor being buffed to 100 really helped, I was able to fight a Syndicate op for a good while before my components started to fall and I actually could SEE when I needed to run rather then keep on fighting, letting me come back into the fight and help out again rather then dieing because I wasn't paying attention to the little man on the side.

I'll keep playing and see how it is but actually the NOPUSH flag seems to hurt me more now, I cant go through people as a secborg to get to areas to help security without pushing people out of the way or taking a roundabout trip.

Also examine can't be Shift click because that's the borg's Open Door hotkey.

Being hit by a toolbox a few times shouldn't be damaging your internal components at all; cyborgs have armor that absorbs the blow before internal components start taking damage. Right now that threshold is 100 combined damage before internal parts will start taking damage; when internal components start taking damage, the damage is distributed randomly over the various parts, meaning that if you're insanely, incredibly unlucky, the minimum amount of damage to destroy a single internal component is 140 damage---in practice, though, your internal components probably aren't going to really start failing until the ~180 damage mark.

I've been playing cyborg a decent bit over the past few days (a role I don't normally play) precisely to keep an eye on this patch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use