New Syndicate Strike Team gear!

Czardoc

I think they look ugly.

My request is a Deathsquad-similar helmet and at LEAST the heavy armor (im not asking this as the actual gear, but this as the sprite or similar).

Another idea (which i like more) is the Deathsquad helmet and the red thunderdome gear (if we still have that).

According to a friend who plays this game, the strike team space suit also provides shit protection. Maybe some better armor?

In the mean time, I'll be searching for some sprites so I can do a sort of Strike team-deathsquad wombo combo really snowflakey armor setup.

According to a friend who plays this game, the strike team space suit also provides shit protection. Maybe some better armor?

Your friend wouldn't know a good armor rating if they smashed him in the face; here's their armor protection:

melee = 80, bullet = 80, laser = 50, energy = 50, bomb = 100, bio = 100, rad = 100

With the exception of the laser rating this is literally the best individual armor rating of various gears combined (ie: Riot, bulletproof, laser vest, bomb suit, etc)

For reference, here's the best overall armors the crew can get:

Cap's space suit

melee = 65, bullet = 50, laser = 50, energy = 25, bomb = 50, bio = 100, rad = 50

HoS's trench

melee = 65, bullet = 30, laser = 50, energy = 10, bomb = 25, bio = 0, rad = 0

The "bio" flag doesn't actually do anything, right?

I think it effects how badly an acid spray will ruin your day?

Negatory, it's a relic from the days of /tg/ virology.

Absolutely 100% against this suggestion.

The nuke-ops gear is the sexiest hardsuit available.

Don't get rid of it please.

im talkin bout the syndicate strike team, the deathsquad

you know

pew pew LMG and big black space gear?

Absolutely 100% against this suggestion.

The nuke-ops gear is the sexiest hardsuit available.

Don't get rid of it please.

im talkin bout the syndicate strike team, the deathsquad

you know

pew pew LMG and big black space gear?

yea, the SST team needs a sprite overhaul, it looks very....non menacing compared to the jet black and slick look the Death Squad has.

It has no effect anymore, no. I used to think it prevented virus transmission but Bone's new system uses something else.

It's not Bone White's system; it's just Bay's virology system---their most recent update to virology, however, means that virus protection runs off of bio armor isntead of special type checks.

Also, after discussing it with some TG coders and devs, it's not especially clear if even TG uses (or ever used) bio armor; their disease code seems to run off of permeability coefficient of clothing (how easy a gas or other stuff can penetrate something).

Been spriting the icon together.

Trying to find the folder to edit item states then i'll dish out the early images.

If anyone can direct me to where this folder is, I'd love it.

Edited by Guest

It has no effect anymore, no. I used to think it prevented virus transmission but Bone's new system uses something else.

It's not Bone White's system; it's just Bay's virology system---their most recent update to virology, however, means that virus protection runs off of bio armor isntead of special type checks.

Also, after discussing it with some TG coders and devs, it's not especially clear if even TG uses (or ever used) bio armor; their disease code seems to run off of permeability coefficient of clothing (how easy a gas or other stuff can penetrate something).

So under that understanding, as long as you are wearing an eva capable suit and helmet, with internals, you should be virus free, barring patient 0?

So under that understanding, as long as you are wearing an eva capable suit and helmet, with internals, you should be virus free, barring patient 0?

Our code checks for spacesuit/biosuit (hardsuits are space suits) and gloves for CONTACT based viruses. If you have a full space/biosuit in addition to gloves, you're immune to contact based viruses.

For AIRBORNE based viruses, it checks if you're running off of internals. If you are, then you're immune to it. If you're not it checks if you're wearing a mask; if you are, it reduces your chance a little; if you're wearing a medical/surgical mask it reduces it a bit more. Next, it checks for the suit type you're wearing; if you're wearing a full space suit, it reduces the chances of getting infected significantly. If you're wearing a full biosuit, you're immune.

The way TG used to work is it ran off of a stat called "permeability_coefficient" which various articles of clothing have (ALL clothing types); the less permeable your clothes were, the less likelihood of getting infected.

Yet another reason why hardsuits got nerfed; Bay or TG virus code, they still virus immunity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use