Laptops from the laptop vending machine.

DSTAPP

OUR GUYS yes all five of them. One of which is on holiday in the dark ages, another of which is working on the fax machine panel, another is working on porting more major and the other two are dabblers who are primarily admins.

I'd love to see laptops being worked upon, but they're low on the priority list at the moment. If you want to see work done on them, come up with some ideas instead of saying "hey guys we should work on this more". It's a sentiment I can appreciate, but it's not a useful one.

when you make the best of the best in the laptop vendor you would expect all things you can do with it. but all you can do is play a game is all. why have we not added more to the laptop system yet?

This is not entirely true. The laptop will gain a couple uses depending on the access of your ID at the time of purchase. For example, an atmos tech will be able to access an atmos alert program from his laptop, or a medical doctor can view medical records from hers. There was an issue with the detective and security records, but I believe this has been patched recently. Engineers can even get the ability to view the power in the entire power net if they set it up right.

That aside, the laptop system is a bit lackluster, I definitely agree. Outside of some specific jobs (such as those mentioned above), the laptops are an incredibly expensive arcade machine at best. Perhaps, since this IS in suggestions, we can use the thread to collect suggestions on potential additions to the system for consideration and possible coding?

i know i did not contribute any ideas of the laptops at the moment, but i thought i would bring up the suggestion to see if it would be a great idea, and now seeing all these post in a 24 hr period i see i need to come up for some ideas for it.

• 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use