Making aim mode less OP.

Spacemanspark

I think it should at least keep 1 shot while still keeping the aiming reticle on but it shouldn't force you into walk. While keeping the reticle does have the "i'm aiming at you aspect", letting it keep 1 shot let's it have the "I could have shot you just now but I'm holding my fire and giving you a chance" theme. I agree that it shouldn't be an auto-aim win but I do think it should serve at least some in-game purpose instead of just a visual aspect. Cause I'm pretty sure if you can't force them into walk, even if you keep the auto aim for 1 shot, it's easily dodgeable if you keep moving (at least I'm pretty sure you can outrun the shots and it's mainly the fact that you're unloading an entire clip with each step that's aimed which is the main issue).

Make it just a overlay or remove it. We have instastun shittery, no need for aimbot too It does not matter if it's only 1 shot, instastun is instastun. Pew, I win.

It doesn't just shoot to the tile you go to when you move? because if that's how it works then a single shot is easy to avoid and it's only being on walk mode that makes it an issue (and if it doesn't work that way then I'm for scrapping. If it doesn't make the shot magically home in then it's not actually an issue)

• 2 months later...

The ability to aim a gun at someone and say 'I WIN' because the second they move you fire and they can't say or do anything about it.

Even if we didn't have instant-stuns, this is still a poor gameplay mechanic...I really don't understand why it's even tolerated on heavy RP servers either.

Have you taken into consideration players with poor connection who rely on using aim of to have any chance of surviving an engagement? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the click spam, but I do know several players who maintain a 0.85 ping at most times who would be absolutely wrecked without the aim function.

Have you taken into consideration players with poor connection who rely on using aim of to have any chance of surviving an engagement? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the click spam, but I do know several players who maintain a 0.85 ping at most times who would be absolutely wrecked without the aim function.

That would be me with a constant 1 second ping most of the day.

And I still don't use aim mode.

Robust combat has already had a built in aimbot mode that works for high pingers, and it's called *clicking on the target rather than firing in their direction*. When the server receives your request, it will then fire the projectile where they are when the request is received.

Robust combat has already had a built in aimbot mode that works for high pingers, and it's called *clicking on the target rather than firing in their direction*. When the server receives your request, it will then fire the projectile where they are when the request is received.

Heh, when you think about it, lag can be slightly useful for targeting people, since it allows you to click their sprite much easier.

This is really why I'm for it. I'm completely against this whole "skill" argument. This is an RPG not an FPS - clicking on a sprite isn't really the kind of skill this game should be about. The skills needed are about knowledge of the game, psychological manipulation, etc.

There are plenty of ways you can use the aim mode against people too - dodging behind walls makes them waste shots, dodging behind people to make them shoot them (funny as hell) or moving back and forth when behind a window and they're using bullets.

When it comes to combat, I don't like it being decided by who is "best" at clicking. Aim mode here can be an equalizer for those with low pings. Because of the way it relies on movement and the like, it really isn't an "I win" button as much as people say.

While it very well may be OP is some regards, an all-or-nothing approach isn't the best. The biggest advantage I think for the game is it allows hostage situations - it's a great visual indicator and way to hold someone at gunpoint rather than just killing them.

It sure as hell is an "I win" button. Sure, it may be somehow possible to dodge it in very specific circumstances, but your argument circles around when you look at from the side of the person getting shot at. Ping is an issue for them too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use