[RtD] Raishna (AI STATE LAWS PLOX.)

FarmWizard

Raven arrives in the bridge, vaguely looking at the others, before doing a formal salute and saying "Unit 10-11 "Raven", Scientific Officer, Unit is 10-8", along with some statics from his mask.

He notices he's a bit late, only catching half of the AI's message, and takes a seat.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drone scoots up to the alerts console and pushes aside the chair, lowering itself to the ground instead as it plugged itself into the console directly.

"Such lazy work!" It muttered to itself. "It's like noone's been taken care of it!". Its little cap, the only clothes it wore besides its belts on its hazard-yellow chassis tilted precariously on its strange little head.

Nirania promptly takes a seat and buckles up at the end of the AI's message, then takes the time to look over everyone who was present.

"A repair droid, a humanoid in a suit, and a big sniffling human... this should be fun..." she says, mostly to herself. "Hey everyone. I'm Nirania Hunter, I'll be one of the guards here. I hope you feel safe with me around!~"

You feel intense pressure as the ship fires forward, you hear hissing and a loud boom as the ship breaks the sound barrier. You then exit the barrel of the Railcannon and see as the ship leaves earth. Then you hear a loud Thud-Clank-Bang! and the warp drive makes the ship shiver. Everything goes hazy as the fabric of space time bends to your incredible speed. You're traveling at well twice the speed of light. Then you hear something that sounds like a mix of metal groaning and a tiny belling ringing.

"Hidden black hole detected! Destruction imminent!" The AI beeps, as the displays turn to static.

You feel an odd sense of detachment as you feel yourself being pulled from the seat. The ship's hull continues to groan, as if the whole ship was in pain. A giant beast being ripped asunder by a bacl hole. Then you hear the weapon firing, then everything's silent. The omnipresent silence now making your ears roar as the ship's ever present ambient music now shut off. Strangely though, you're not dead.

Nirania pulls herself up and looks around at everyone else, noting any damages she can see.

"Ugh... Everyone alright?" She asks around, going and checking on everyone. "Raishna, are you still active? Uh, damage report? What just happened!?"

You notice an incredible heat coming from the center of the room, and that the displays are offline. The heat seems to emanate from the middle of the room, where the AI is housed. You're also distinctly aware of the fact that the engine isn't running anymore,

The Droid returns from his Captain hunting expedition, declaring "I can't find him/her/it/alternative gender here!". It hovered up to the table's column in the center of the room/ "Yesss. This is what I LIVE for!" it beeped. One of its upper arms sprouted a screwdriver, and it began to unscrew the panels. Its hands gripped the panels to ease them down once they were fully unscrewed, and dropping each screw into a waiting hand.

Once the panels were off, it peered at the holographic display. It opened a port at the side of its head which shone white light. It began to interface wirelessly with the AI.

"Running diagnostics now!"

The coolant system seems to have failed, and that the AI had overclocked itself pretty hard. You'll need to manually reboot her.

The book is just an owners manual, it's fairly dry and it explains all the good things about the ship without telling you anything useful.

The Droid hovers even lower and using its hand, draws a crowbar from its toolbelt and angles it between the large power cell and its housing. There's a lot of wiggling of the crowbar, and some scarily force-ful looking jerks around such delicate equipment. Then there's a loud click and the cell detaches and slides out. It rotates its head towards Kenrin.

"So! This your first time in a black hole?"

In its head, it begins counting.

1 tesla-capacitor, 2 tesla-capacitor, 3 tesla-capacitor...

"Mission status: Unknown. I do not know our current location. Engine crystal is no longer functional. I fired our entire antimatter arsenal into the black hole, creating a Schwarzschild wormhole. It collapsed after we exited and I cannot trace our current location. For all intensive purposes, we are now stranded." Raishna says, the ship jolts slightly as the thrusters power on and the displays come back to life.

"Energy crystal cracked and is now unsuitable for energy use. Running off solar energy. I do not know what we should do next, we have no communications with earth, no extra warp crystals, no idea where we are, and no captain." The AI chimes.

The sensors console is blipping away happily.

Well, they we're supposed to explore. He points to the sensor console. "Somebody check that out and see what is out there. We need to find a new fuel source immediately!"

He briefly considers taking the command chair before shaking his head, and resuming sniffling. Hopefully someone from the command staff is onboard, somewhere.

Nirania, seeming baffled at all the technological talk happening around her, elects to investigate the rest of the ship.

"Raishna, the ship didn't suffer any internal damage, did it? Would it be safe to explore? I want to find the crew quarters, or at least some place with a bed..." She says, awaiting a response.

The sensors have identified faint energy signatures on a nearby moon, and after you start messing with the consoles, the exterior cameras come online and you're finally able to see outside.

sirius-b.jpg

You're sitting seriously close to a blue giant, with a few planets still orbiting the star. You spot the planetoid with the tiny asteroid classified as it's moon orbiting slightly higher up in orbit.

"Personality core detected. Hello crew, it seems we've suffered an unfortunate turn of events. However I can assure you we will be OK. We can probably find another energy source for the ship and make it home. I estimate our chances of survival at 67.66666667% likely, pretty good odds right?" The AI says, and even it doesn't sound very optimistic about your chances.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use