[Ven's] Idea how to make Sentient Sword be "More Worthly"

Venuska1117

I played few times as Sentient Sword, and its kinda sad how pointless it existence kinda is... yes its RP role only, but it can't even make choices or even "suicide", one time my owner died by terror outbreak and i was forced to ahelp because you can't suicide.

So i tough of making Sentient Sword more interesting, and i will show few concepts:

1. Outside Look:

Concept A:
Awaken Sentient Sword will have not fully choosed form, blade can choose its "look" (kinda how chaplain have ability to choose his holy weapon look)

Concept B:
Awaken Sentient Sword will have randomly choosed form when awaken.

2. Abilities: (this one is optional)

Concept A:
Awaken Sentient Sword can choose ability it have, for example: Poison, Fire, Electrocution, etc.

Concept B:
Awaken Sentient Sword abilities will be depending on blade look, for example: electric looking sword will electrocute people when hit (making them shaky)

Concept C:
Awaken Sentient Sword abilities will depend on owner who awaken it, for example: if vampire awakens blade, blade will become "crimson" type, with will allow to "suck and store" blood from victims with can be used to heal owner OR use its owner blood to make it deal stronger damage.

3. Bonding:

Concept A:
When blade is awaken, it give blade ability to aknowledge person holding it as master, so when blade is stollen, person who stole it can't weld it.

Concept B:
Sentient Sword can be bounded by person  by using blood as "sealing pact" this will make blade forcefully bounded to person (kinda like pAI owner print)

Concept C:
Sentient Sword can be forcefully bonded or aknowledge its owner (option A and B) but get ability to break bond if it think owner its not worth it (blade can change its owner if it wish to)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

QoL suggestions:
- Give Sentient Sword ability to "Suicide", when command is used it will create message "You are falling back into deep sleep", and you will be sended to ghost, blade will still have name and form, blade what suicide can be re-awakened again but it will be rolled among ghost people.
- Give Sentient Sword ability to "Choose" if it want hurt people or not, blade have "Help" or "Harm" intent (with do nothing btw), where blade can choose if it want harm person (choosing "harm" will deal full blade damage), but if you don't want to hurt someone, choosing "Help" will deal -80% damage to target what got hit, it will deal impact damage but not harm itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visuals Suggestions:
when Sentient Sword is first time found, it would look like crystal or "square" (somethign like katana is from crystal), when awaken it will change sprite to not fully shaped sword (deformed), but when it will have choosed form it will be looking like blade. (order depend of choosed concept, if blade is instantly choosed, then "deformed blade look" is not needed)

Random toughts: I wish for Sentient Sword to be worthy loot and interest choices, it would be interesting to see people using Sentient Sword to fight megafauna and be more popular than its now... simple mob for only RP choice...

Edited by Venuska1117
  • Like 3

• Venuska1117 changed the title to [Ven's] Idea how to make Sentient Sword be "More Worthly"
  • 4 weeks later...

i will respond to each point:

- Choosing looks would be great and considering how you can choose your name already making sentient swords able to choose a "skin" would be neat RP wise

- for the abilities part we already have the sentient sword PR that makes them able to attack seperatly and i personally think any more buffs to them would make them too strong although giving them a small visual effect with a different damage type would be fine

- as for the last point i think sentient swords shouldnt be bound to anyone and have their own free will. The one that summoned them will be their wielder most likely regardless and with the new PR swords that dont want to be wielded or are stolen can now attack their wielder so an actual bond thats breakable and doable by the sword is redundant or rather already implemented

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use