The Humanoid within the Xenos

I was Lief Cowart, a simple Geneticist/Chemist/Virologist (i was playing as a virologist)

One time, I saw an alien roaming around the station. However, this alien seemed... Human... Too human. With usage of a Universal Recorder, my suspicions were valid. They ingested XenoMicrobes. When I asked them where they got the microbes, they told me they got them from another explorer. I went to the explorer and asked them for the Microbes, he offered them on one condition that I gave him a hive node from one of my transformed monkeys (Spoiler alert: I forgot to uphold the terms). After I had gotten a monkey, extracted the hive node, then had someone implant it into my skull, I was... Changed... I said 'I feel... Alive... Awake... Not lonely'

After that, a Xenomorph infestation had plagued the station. When I heard the 'Unidentified lifesigns detected coming aboard NSS Cyberiad. Secure any exterior access, including ducting and ventilation' I thought to myself *Maybe if I can act as an insider, I can protect the crew!*. But then, once the Queen's orders came through my head, I thought *Wait... Why not instead... Ally with these creatures?* I knew I couldn't convince them to stop attacking the crew, and I knew if I tried to tell them to stop they'd kill me... So, I decided to enter their hive, labelling myself as an ally to them

I asked one of the Xenos if I could speak to the Queen (I had an advanced health virus with Self-Respiration, so I could easily breath without a mask). Once I had met the queen, she (or he) questioned my allegiance to the hive. I noticed in my medical hud that she was diseased with something. Something I had a vaccine for. I injected her with the vaccine, which prompted her to attack me but I insisted. Once she realized what I had done, she entrusted me to be with the hive under the condition that I must cure any infected xenomorph that I see.

After a few minutes of being a part of the hive, I decided to go beyond my usual quota. I decided to go into my virology office and steal the Pandemic 2200 that was in there. I also grabbed my Perfect Health Virus and the extra Xenomicrobes culture. Once I snuck out with my machine and culture and bolted it into the hive, I got to work

I replicated the Health virus and injected it into the queen and most of the xenomorph hive. Next, I crafted 2 strains of the xenomicrobes. One that was subtle and easy to mistake for the flu, and one that could infect dozens of people at once though was significantly less subtle. Once people figured out what the hell was going on, the infection was swiftly cured.

After half an hour passed, I thought to myself *Why should I be the only one who gets special treatment like this? Why shouldn't everyone else, or at least certain people?*. I decided to organize a small group of aliens to go and capture a high ranking individual; the Representative. We successfully captured the representative and brought him in the hive. However, we brought him onto a surgery table and started an operation. I extracted a hive node from one of our dead and implanted it into the representative's head. The representative at first was rebellious and tried to escape, but once they realized what I had done and decided to comply

An hour later, we had 14 implanted humans which I named 'Enforcers'. Eventually, someone managed to survive and call in the ERT. There were at least 7 of the ERT team, probably less or more than that. Once we organized the xenomorph forces to fend off against the ERT, they didn't stand a chance

The nuke had to detonate sometime though...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use