Blood type: AB+

General Occupational Role(s):

Assistant

Detective

Chemist

Geneticist

Virologist

Xenobiologist

Biography: Born in the UK on earth in 2541, son of Lucas and Clarrise Cowart with 5 siblings (Stella Cowart, Terry Cowart, Gabriel Cowart, Viola Cowart, and Santiago Cowart). Has a family history of ‘Creature Sympathy’, involving dangerous entities such as vampires and xenomorphs.

Lief Cowart started his life out as an Assistant, where he was caught in a chemical explosion which cost his left arm and the organic tissue on the pupils of his eyes. Lief Cowart also has a history of heavy drinking, as well as mixing his drinks with Stabilized Nitroglycerin made by corrupt chemists, which caused his liver to die out and be replaced by a cybernetic liver.

During a justified mutiny, Lief had made a deadly poison to kill the Captain and have someone else more experienced take her place. A Clown spiked the Captain’s food, which caused her to swiftly die.

After that event, Lief Cowart took a degree in chemistry, where he graduated top of his class and was considered by his Vox teacher a ‘Humans born with a senses for chemistrys’. Lief Cowart eventually became gung-ho when it came to grenades after an attack from a blob, where he learned how to easily make grenades to burn the blob and its ‘subjects’ alive. After his success, he has been making grenades filled with beneficial and deadly chemicals to give him and his fellow crewmates a fighting chance

Lief Cowart eventually saw the potential behind genetic enhancements and decided to get two jobs in Nanotrasen and become a geneticist, where he figured out a way to utilize chemicals to enhance gene therapy (Not entirely new considering the hundreds of other chem-utilizing geneticists)

Lief Cowart decided to get a quick degree in virology to further his medical prowess and allow him to heal people even when he's not there. One day, he discovered something that changed his research target completely

During a Xenomorph attack, he decided to undergo a surgery to implant a hive node in his brain. There, he realized that the xenomorphs weren't attacking him. He also found out that he could speak Xenomorph and speak to the hivemind.

Ever since then, Lief has been finding ways to make friends with the xenomorphs, oftentimes sending explorers to find Xeno microbes and using the microbes to inject monkeys to make xenomorphs so that he can extract the hive node from the creatures

Later, Lief Cowart would become known for being a war hero on the NSS Cyberiad when he made homemade grenades filled with explosives. He managed to frag a Nukie ship, dealing a massive blow to the Syndicate's assault and granting him the highest honor a man can achieve, 'The Medal of Valor' given to him personally by the Captain of the vessel at the time, Grey Captain 'Cwm'

His science license was recently revoked after he made an army of Giant Spiders that ended up halting production, and as to not get arrested, ordered one to stop a security guard who was trying to arrest him. When he returned, he found the security guard dead, trapped in a web, and was reasonably horrified. He ended up getting arrested for murder, until the charges were reduced to criminal negligence, testifying that he ordered the spider to just stop the security guard rather than kill him, which was later proven in security footage, showing Lief attempting to save the dead guard.

Qualifications:

• Creation of medicinal compounds via a chem dispenser Certification & License
  • Gene alteration and research Certification & license
  • Qualified for Cloning and Revival
  • Qualified for the usage of a standard sleeper and body scanning machines
  • Application and processing of basic medical compounds license
  • Viral engineering and administration license
  • Usage of Medical class mechanoids license
  • Qualified for the Distribution of Bartending drinks and reagents
  • Qualified for basic fire hazard safety and handling
  • Advanced fire hazard safety and handling certification
  • Basic Firearm Handling license
  • Creation and Usage of grenades license

Employment Records:

Lief Cowart's employment has jumped from time to time. A chemical accident spurred his desire to become a chemist, before he decided to practice his expertise in the scientific field. Lief Cowart has a history of battery, and was noted as being slightly mentally unstable, but stable enough to work on Nanotrasen property.

Security Records:

• Trespass
  • Drug Possesion
  • Battery
  • Damage to Station Assets (Unintentional)
  • Murder of a Security Officer Criminal Negligence
  • Mutiny of a Captain (Justified, Pardoned)

Medical Records:

• 3 Accounts of Eye Surgery (Note from doctor- "LIEF SHOULD BE BLIND")
  • Cybernetically replaced liver
  • Cybernetically replaced Left Arm x3 (Crafted by Shellguard Munitions)

Security Interview

Spoiler

REDACTED: Hello Mister Cowart
Cowart: What the hell took you guys so long?
REDACTED: We have some questions for you Lief
Cowart: Next time, mate, don't put me in an interview room and leave me here for over an hour. I got work to do! Ehrm... Sorry, go ahead.

REDACTED rustles through papers

REDACTED: Do you have a criminal record, Mr. Cowart?
Lief: A relatively minor one, prior to the scientist job. Although, I did poison a captain once...
REDACTED: Drug Possession, Trespass, Battery, and... Mutiny?
Lief: Justified and pardoned. The captain was insolent. She was underqualified. The clown managed to slip her a cyanide drink and pizza. She was writhing around like a bloody catfish! *Laughing* After CC managed to figure out why and what happened, I was pardoned, and the clown was promoted.
REDACTED: Why kill the captain, Lief?
Lief: Many reasons. The two main ones. She ordered us like slaves. Always came department to department to tell us what we were doing wrong. Nothing but making us miserable made her happy. But that's not the worst part. She embezzled each department's funds into her own wallet, the audacity of that pink furred bitch!
REDACTED: Please keep a clean language, Mr. Cowart. Anyways, you were revolutionary?
Lief: Not entirely. The only one we wanted was the captain. The other departments hated her. Even their heads. They never expected us to go so far as to violently mutiny her... They were too scared to demote her and anger CC, so someone else took action.

REDACTED: You have an obsession with Xenomorphs?
Lief: It's hard to explain... Sparked after a medical procedure where I could get a hive node and speak to the xenos. They accepted me into their hive, and... Well, I was chill. They were chill. I've wanted to have that same level of relaxation, so I kept sending explorers to find xenomicrobes.
REDACTED: A Man with high hopes
Lief: Spes et somnia, mi Guido!
REDACTED: Sorry?
Lief: It's Latin. Medical department uses Latin terminology a lot. I was interested and Latin basically became my third language.

REDACTED: Well... I guess that's it... I hope you can find a place in this area of work, Lief Cowart. Please sign the contract.

Lief, without reading the contract, immediately signs it with a small chuckle.

Lief: Oh, you can bet your life on it, mate.

image.png.fd4f3826d601c57830d2f7e7b84a8f94.pngimage.png.454f23291d39d8f588d9576cdb19b0b3.pngimage.png.de4f6a2adb071c4f70e539fa84e3ed66.png 

Note: Lief Cowart has a Beard that he refuses to shave despite his colleague's recommendations.

• Average 6'2 male
  • Sports a distinct English accent
  • Has a Shellguard Munitions left arm and hand. These cybernetics aren't the most secure and are prone to amputation
  • Usually wears jackboots or winter boots
  • Has Glossy-white eyes that are normally associated with blindness or chemical overdose. However, Lief isn't blind
  • Usually wears some sort of Fedora, either Black or White. Lief claims these hats are over 1000 credits
  • Usually wears either fingerless or latex gloves, the latter is used to protect against dangerous viruses and chemicals
  • Always has red, green, or white on him, usually his boots. Usually from stepping into the aftermath of a massive fight
  • Has distinct burn scaring near his eyes and on the left side of his body'

Other Notes: CONFIDENTIAL!

Spoiler

Lief Cowart's history of violence and other criminal acts, and his supposed minor instability means that Lief Cowart must be constantly monitored. Couple with the mutiny, Lief could very well become a serious threat should he be turned to the wrong side.

DO NOT LET LIEF BUILD GOLEMS!

Edited by ajc007007
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use