Proposed Change to Silicon Policy: The AI and Borgs are NOT Security

TheBadPerson

AI should be a threat to the antags. Antags should go out of their way to avoid cameras and AI, or if they can't they should go out of their way to kill or corrupt said AI. Which would give AI multiple things to do, ranging from hunting antags, to defending itself or working with them. Walking around with a gun or as a wanted man in open corridor, visiting departments at will should have it's consequence - police call by AI, possible bolting and such. 

1 hour ago, Hrulj said:

AI should be a threat to the antags. Antags should go out of their way to avoid cameras and AI, or if they can't they should go out of their way to kill or corrupt said AI. Which would give AI multiple things to do, ranging from hunting antags, to defending itself or working with them. Walking around with a gun or as a wanted man in open corridor, visiting departments at will should have it's consequence - police call by AI, possible bolting and such. 

Hard disagree. It makes for unfun terrible gameplay that only the AI enjoys. I’ve written at length about why it’s unbalanced and lame. If people want AI to be more interesting I’ve conceded that it probably needs to be given more roles outside bolting antags. 

If you want to fight antags there’s an entire department for it. AI involvement completely warps the gameplay loop between antags and security. 

On 4/20/2023 at 3:21 AM, TheBadPerson said:

Hard disagree. It makes for unfun terrible gameplay that only the AI enjoys. I’ve written at length about why it’s unbalanced and lame. If people want AI to be more interesting I’ve conceded that it probably needs to be given more roles outside bolting antags. 

If you want to fight antags there’s an entire department for it. AI involvement completely warps the gameplay loop between antags and security. 

Im aware this is hardly on topic, what do you think the AI player has to do for 2 hours? What is the AI purpouse? What are their tasks? Why im playing this game as AI? Have you ever played Silicons for any greater lengths of time?

7 hours ago, procdrone said:

Im aware this is hardly on topic, what do you think the AI player has to do for 2 hours? What is the AI purpouse? What are their tasks? Why im playing this game as AI? Have you ever played Silicons for any greater lengths of time?

Preferably anything other than instantly round ending antags with no immediate counter. Others in the thread have mentioned the solution is probably adding mechanics to AI. 

That said, I also see virtually zero effort on the part of many AI players to interact with crew in any way, and then they whine that there’s nothing to do. 

Self-admittedly I have very few hours on silicons as I don’t find them interesting and I don’t like the gameplay. That said i see them as extremely powerful helpers in anything they choose to do. Expanding on that I never see Borgs or AI offer to help anyone with anything, so of course they get bored. 

One options I see is allowing the AI more options to manifest its self outside holopads to make it feel less isolated from crew. This could be anything from an item to a PDA add on. Think Cortana from Halo. 

23 hours ago, TheBadPerson said:

One options I see is allowing the AI more options to manifest its self outside holopads to make it feel less isolated from crew. This could be anything from an item to a PDA add on. Think Cortana from Halo. 

That is a really cool idea, imagine AIs being able to take a holographic humanoid form while they're in range of a holopad. I think it would make AIs feel a lot more present on the station than just the computer that opens doors when you get stuck.

EDIT: TIL AIs can do this already, but I've never seen it done

Edited by Teebonesnek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use