Hallucination Demon antagonist

Jazzy

My idea stemmed from the hallucinations my character had today.  I'm not sure if the hallucinations have been buffed, but they were doing things I'd never seen before.  Things would appear and knock me over, I'd get fake crit on the health indicator, noises, etc.  It was actually pretty fun but it was easy to spot hallucinations, so they were just inconvenient.

The hallucination demon would be a mid round antag that spawns on a roll.  It would have maybe two accomplices that would be player controlled almost like a holo parasite.  The demon could spawn the hallucinations, like an abductor pair, and they could move to 'attack' or chase their intended target.  If the target touches the hallucinations they vanish.  The hallucinations have only the power of a basic shove, no damage.  This would be akin to a hallucination scaring you so much you trip and fall, etc.

The goal is to send hallucinations into a room and chase someone towards the demon that would attack, kill, and eat like a slaughter demon.  Maybe the demon can disguise itself like a morph so as the victim stepped over or near the item... boom, dead meat.

I said holo para but maybe the demon can click to spawn the pair or single hallucination. 

It could cause other hallucinations, such as plasma coming from a vent,  etc,  as well.

I think if it were a 2 or 3 player group it employs more players and ultimately more fun for us stuck in dchat.  Just imagine hallucinating plasma coming from the vents in viro and you run... but ahh shit demons already got you.

The demon interface could consist of a window like the RCD.  Player can pick a victim, pick hallucination type from a menu and then click to apply it to location.  It would also have a disguise menu like the morph.  Finally, it vent crawls like a morph, not free movement like the other demons.  This way it can get around but would need to be wise about where it sits and waits.

Perhaps there's some other mobility/damage mechanic, I didn't mean for this to only be a morph on drugs.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use