[Ven's] Making Medical Drapes Usefull

Venuska1117

As title say, in game you can find as miner (in crashed alien spaceships) Medical Drapes, but its useless item what is just item for look, but i got more interesting idea.

If you do surgery without Medical Drapes you will make more bloody mess, when you do surgery what require using medical saw to cut bones, it will shoot blood around, and it have big chance to make patient cover in their own blood and you get too! 
(when you fail surgery it have guaranteed chance to make you covered in blood or patient will get covered in it or even both)

To Fix this, now medbay start with Medical Drapes, and you need put them on person before surgery to remove most of blood spills, just put medical drape on person and choose body part for surgery (Medical Drape sprite will change sprite depend where you do surgery), after doing surgery, only thing what is bloody is Medical Drape and your Gloves, Room is clean and your patient is clean! no more mess!

Just remember to wash Blooded Medical Drapes after surgery, we don't want infection there!

Medical Drape can be used on:
Surgery Table
Roller Bed
Holo Bed (the one from RnD work like roller bed but its compact, forgot name)
Tables (if emergency need it)

Questionable ones:
Closed Body Bag

Can be crafted from 6 cloths

If you don't care about higene, you can go all way in and make whole room in blood

Imagine this Medical Drapes, but functional in game :)
image.png.2f20dae2a001a722b28f433d89172979.png

Edited by Venuska1117

• Venuska1117 changed the title to [Ven's] Making Medical Drapes Usefull

I personally don't think medical needs more tedium. It's a neat idea in concept but otherwise I don't personally seeing it adding much to the game. On top of that it will just add yet another thing for new players to have to learn/fumble with and proceed to be yelled at for not doing correctly by experienced players, something else medical really doesn't need. Especially when it's largely fluff.

If it only stopped bleeding during surgery, I'd be onboard with it because it'd stop the stupid-looking shower meta against slaughter demons (that medbay has to install showerheads above surgery beds or the slaughter demon will forever camp them).

I would not punish people for not using it, apart from the thing we usually have (that is, the patient leaves behind a bloody mess).

Edited by Miraviel
  • Like 1
  • derp 1

I agree with Mitchs' argument. If you want to prevent a bloody mess on yourself. you just have to wear gloves. If you don't want the patient to leave a trail of blood, spray them with a space cleaner after the surgery is done, that way there won't be any bloody mess. I'd imagine it to be rather tedious to apply and take off multiple drapes when you have to to surgery on multiple limbs. A nice idea RP wise but kinda "eeehhh" gameplay wise.

5 hours ago, Skajaw said:

I agree with Mitchs' argument. If you want to prevent a bloody mess on yourself. you just have to wear gloves. If you don't want the patient to leave a trail of blood, spray them with a space cleaner after the surgery is done, that way there won't be any bloody mess. I'd imagine it to be rather tedious to apply and take off multiple drapes when you have to to surgery on multiple limbs. A nice idea RP wise but kinda "eeehhh" gameplay wise.

well you can use same drape during multiple surgeries on one person, just dont take it off operated person, or it will apply infection when apply dirty again on person who need surgery.

Edited by Venuska1117

7 minutes ago, Venuska1117 said:

well you can use same drape during multiple surgeries on one person, just dont take it off operated person, or it will apply infection when apply dirty again on person who need surgery.

Sounds handy, but it would still look awkward as hell if the sprite of the drape would change each second if you're doing mutiple surgerys simultaneously. Start three IB surgerys on arm head and feet, use each tool anternately on each limb and the drape will start breakdancing all over the body... which sounds funny, not gonna lie. Unless it would be one single drape all over the body but that would also be weird, why cover everything if you're only working on a hand.

27 minutes ago, Skajaw said:

Sounds handy, but it would still look awkward as hell if the sprite of the drape would change each second if you're doing mutiple surgerys simultaneously. Start three IB surgerys on arm head and feet, use each tool anternately on each limb and the drape will start breakdancing all over the body... which sounds funny, not gonna lie. Unless it would be one single drape all over the body but that would also be weird, why cover everything if you're only working on a hand.

there can be just one animation of unfolded part like on image and it would be enough, it dont need be fancy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use