[Ven's] Idea to add vaccum upgrade to Janitor pumpkin ride

Venuska1117

Once i searched trough PR's i saw that, there was PR about using broom (https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/20629) to push trash inside cart with trashbag on it to "pick up" trashes...
So i got idea of vaccum upgrade for Janitor Pumpkin Ride, when you ride trough item on ground what is compatible with trashbag, it would be picked up and stored in attached trashbag, of course it will not accept trashes bigger than trashbag can hold.

After talking on discord there was link from other person of exactly similar idea from different server:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/59925

Edited by Venuska1117
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBadPerson said:

This would flip the janitor meta on its head. The janicart is already extremely OP. 

Having to choose between the vacuum upgrade and floor buffer wouldn't make the janicart OP, they are almost on equal levels.

• explodyparrot 1

Would like to see this as a midround-ish upgrade available through R&D if added. My only requests would be:

• It be restricted to only tiny or very-small items
  • It having ambient sounds (i.e. a vacuuming noise) + a sound for sucking up an object
  • it requires power in the room its operating in to properly work
  • It should be togglable when you're on the vehicle itself and when activated it should slow down the vehicle slightly much like a buffer would
  • You can either put the buffer or vacuum upgrade on but not both at the same time
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sirryan2002 said:

Would like to see this as a midround-ish upgrade available through R&D if added. My only requests would be:

• It be restricted to only tiny or very-small items
  • It having ambient sounds (i.e. a vacuuming noise) + a sound for sucking up an object
  • it requires power in the room its operating in to properly work
  • It should be togglable when you're on the vehicle itself and when activated it should slow down the vehicle slightly much like a buffer would
  • You can either put the buffer or vacuum upgrade on but not both at the same time

Over TG you can only install either the buffer or the vacuum upgrade and adding a sound for sucking would be nice.

Don't think making it require power would be necessary, remember that its competitor is the floor buffer and that the station do have more blood to clean than trash to collect.

The..vehicle floor buffer cant be toggled and doesnt have a slow down, only the janiborg version.

Edited by henri215

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use