The radial menu-ing (Radial menu suggestion and discussion thread)

Generaldonothing

I'm planning to change a lot of things to radial menus due to input being pretty buggy and radial menus having their performance fixed: so slap down what you think would be good with a radial menu rather than another thing.

In terms of making your own radial menus it's pretty complicated but you either 1. Make a straight list of items and slap them in a static list (Performant and you can use a bitwise operator to automatically change the list if need be, most flexible option) 2. Make an MA of the item (good for stuff that changes often and would result in a lot of codebloat, like the ctrl click swapping on mechas). Then slap that list into a `show_radial_menu` proc, with a anchor (often the user/item), the user, and the actual list of icons to show. Example of like show_radial_menu(usr, src, my_list), then you store that as a var, your code should structurally look like this now:

var/my_var = show_radial_menu(usr/user, src/user, my_list)

other options normally don't matter.

in terms of where these should be used it should be for stuff that uses input() and shows a table (AND IS NOT OOC, DO NOT RADIAL MENU OOC THINGS, EXTREMELY LAG CAN AND HAS STOPPED MENUS FROM PROPERLY DISPLAYING), and alert() stuff that can really be 3 options

right now I got a two radial menu prs up, being the holopara injector and the borg hypo. 

My current todo list is:

* station vendor circuit select

* advanced pinpointer

* telekinesis like abilities (dropdown to MA radial)

* ranged holoparasite (also moving it away from a verb at least)

* alt_click override for the 3 shot type guns (HOS gun for example)

* disco machine (Will probably need sprites for each of the song, TGUI would also be sweet on this)

* cardboard cuttouts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use