"Forum" chat on Discord for Ideas (aka suggestions)

Venuska1117

As title say, i want to suggest "Forum" chat, what is new feature on discord, to make #ideas / #suggestion Forum, what have same/similar function like this forum, if you ask why, its because i once asked codder if he saw some specific sugestion, but he resonded: "I don't check forum, i only check discord and github", so it would be nice, if people with coding have fast access to #ideas "forum" on discord, some people give very interesting ideas/suggestion but not everyone want to check this website, and everyone would be able to write them on discord and discuss them.

And you can create "Tags" in discord forum if you want ideas be "specific" category and give emotes to it, its very customizable function, it don't take much time to set it up.

We have #mapping, #coding etc. sp have #ideas/#suggestions (forum) would be organized and fun.

There photo how "forum" look like, its from other ss13 discord server (i will not say name, i don't want to promote or something, just example how it will look like)
image.thumb.png.97f011882b7dd5a21747ac4134f28562.png

Edited by Venuska1117
  • Like 2

I am not certain if this is actually a good idea.

Even if Discord forums work well, it is effectively splitting suggestions into even more places. I think this might make following suggestions actually harder.

Then there is the issue of accessibility. Maybe I'm just gatekeeping, but too much convenience might lead to low quality. I am nearly certain it would see a fair share of reactionary "suggestions" such as "vampire robusted me last round, nerf them".
How would you ensure an easily accessible idea guys' forum keep enough quality to actually be worth reading? Because, I assure you, people will not bother reading it if every two hours it's flooded with "i ded nerf pls".

Part of the charm of this forum is that suggestions here are very rarely reactionary. Most of the salt is filtered by Discord #PRT. People here are driven by genuine desire to improve things, not just venting anger after a bad round.
GitHub is often even better place, because it's largely populated by people at least slightly involved in development of the game. This often leads to suggestions that take into consideration complexity of implementation.

So my question is: What would be the benefits of a Discord forum, taking the above into consideration?

11 hours ago, Gatchapod said:

I am not certain if this is actually a good idea.

Even if Discord forums work well, it is effectively splitting suggestions into even more places. I think this might make following suggestions actually harder.

Then there is the issue of accessibility. Maybe I'm just gatekeeping, but too much convenience might lead to low quality. I am nearly certain it would see a fair share of reactionary "suggestions" such as "vampire robusted me last round, nerf them".
How would you ensure an easily accessible idea guys' forum keep enough quality to actually be worth reading? Because, I assure you, people will not bother reading it if every two hours it's flooded with "i ded nerf pls".

Part of the charm of this forum is that suggestions here are very rarely reactionary. Most of the salt is filtered by Discord #PRT. People here are driven by genuine desire to improve things, not just venting anger after a bad round.
GitHub is often even better place, because it's largely populated by people at least slightly involved in development of the game. This often leads to suggestions that take into consideration complexity of implementation.

So my question is: What would be the benefits of a Discord forum, taking the above into consideration?

If you ask me why, its just because more people use discord this days, i can't give you sadisfactory example, because "website" forum and "discord" forum are similar in function, only difference is activity on these places, what i noticed forum is more rarely visited than discord, this website people come to only to make ban appeals or check out stuff.

I personally think we should trial it in a smaller way, see how effective it is.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use