Make linked cyborgs inherit antag status properly if the AI is malf

Miraviel

Looking for a code solution here, this is what I'd like to request:

1. When a cyborg is synced to a malf AI, inherit its antag status, inherit its objectives.
  2. When a cyborg is de-synced from a malf AI or gets synced to a different AI, remove its antag status, remove its objectives, give it a BIG RED TEXT YOU ARE NO LONGER ANTAG.
  3. Law 0 should be not touched, it should only be removed via the proper channels (cyborg upload console, new AI syncing).
  4. Optional: Rephrase "Accomplish your AI's objectives at all costs." to something like "Accomplish the objectives of the AI you are synced to." The wording is up to you, just include "synced to" in it.

Reasoning:

• Malf AI happens. Cyborgs start rampaging. Robotics removes the AI link. Their zeroth law becomes moot ("Accomplish your AI's objectives at all costs.") Cyborgs still keep killing. Ahelp galore.
  • Cyborgs don't know what the AI's objectives are and yet they are expected to carry them out. This is different from vampire thralling, for example, where you have to obey your master - in the cyborgs' case, the player is expected to do something they are not made aware of. Yes, they can ask on binary, but 50% of the time that results on ";b ok ai so what are your objectives" and the AI's round is pretty much ended due to a newish player messing up.
  • Ahudded people have an easier time to check which cyborgs are up to no good.

Bonus points if you can do the same with emagging/syndicate MMI. These methods should NOT share objectives (you cannot see into your mindslaver's head), but it should give the cyborg antag status and a big red text to stop screaming that the janitor is emagging me!!!11

In the case of emagged cyborgs, the only way to get de-antagged is to get put into a new chassis and/or get taken out of a syndicate MMI to my knowledge.

Edited by Miraviel
  • Like 1

You say in the beginning of your post that borgs should inherit the AI's objectives, but later on say "These methods should NOT share objectives". Can you clarify: do you want the borg to be able to have these objectives in its notes?

My initial thought it to use an antag team (/datum/team) which will simplify things quite a bit, however team members share objectives.

Edited by SteelSlayer
Extra info

I believe what they meant, is that the objectives of the AI be informed to the Borg without it having to ask the AI every time (which is also very inconvenient for every new borg you get, mind), but not share the objectives in the meaning of, dont make these objectives of the borg personally. so they dont retain them after being delinked.

At least thats my understanding here.

On 1/20/2023 at 3:41 PM, SteelSlayer said:

You say in the beginning of your post that borgs should inherit the AI's objectives, but later on say "These methods should NOT share objectives". Can you clarify: do you want the borg to be able to have these objectives in its notes?

My initial thought it to use an antag team (/datum/team) which will simplify things quite a bit, however team members share objectives.

I meant that if the cyborg gets antag status via MMI/emagging, then the objectives should not automatically transfer; as with the AI, they share a network so the cyborg can instantly download objectives, vs the emag just makes it malfunction.

However, I don't mind the objectives being shared if they become antags otherwise, it just did not seem logical to me. If this can be resolved with team antags, then I have 0 issues with them instantly sharing stuff.

Edited by Miraviel

Got it. I think it can be done, just not quite sure on the implementation right now since we don't want 50 malf borgs to show up on round-end screen. I might work on this after I finish with Dynamic.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use